• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I hate it when some people act like they know something when they don't

Some people, posters here or media speculators out there, act like they know some inside information and make comments like "so and so won't be there, believe me" or "I know this and that is going to happen, can't tell you how I know".

Please. None of us know, even if we have heard it from some "insider" dropping some hints, doesn't mean crap. No one is "leaking" anything real because no one knows. Only a handful of people do and those handful of people are highly paid and way up there in the organization. If they "leak" it it's because they want people to talk about it, not what really is going to happen. It's all mind games and your "insiders" are all just pawns.

So please spare us the "I know something you don't know" nonsense. Until Thursday, we're all just guessing.
  • Bangarang
    • Sep 2010

Re: I hate it when some people act like they know something when they don't

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
      Some people, posters here or media speculators out there, act like they know some inside information and make comments like "so and so won't be there, believe me" or "I know this and that is going to happen, can't tell you how I know".

Please. None of us know, even if we have heard it from some "insider" dropping some hints, doesn't mean crap. No one is "leaking" anything real because no one knows. Only a handful of people do and those handful of people are highly paid and way up there in the organization. If they "leak" it it's because they want people to talk about it, not what really is going to happen. It's all mind games and your "insiders" are all just pawns.

So please spare us the "I know something you don't know" nonsense. Until Thursday, we're all just guessing.

And anyone who supposedly "knows" because they have watched a bunch of drafts is only slightly less full of crap... me included.

Give a guess, make a prediction, but realize you are very likely to be wrong.

And if you do end up being right, you don't really get an award.
      Last edited by X-Era; 04-26-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

And how long has it taken you to fiqure this out ?

Comment

• CleveSteve
          • Apr 2011

Sorry, you're right.

When I say "X won't be there," I mean "I think it's highly unlikely X will be available, so I would have a strong contingency plan already in place for when that pick comes up."

I'm usually posting from my phone, though, and it would be a pain to type all that out. My bad.

I hope I've never given the impression that I think I have any insider information. I have none.
          Last edited by CleveSteve; 04-26-2011, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• THRILLHO
            This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
            • Feb 2009

I <3 youtube scouts!
            True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

What the hell else do you want people to talk about? It is a friggin' message board, it is where blowhards go to be heard.

What do you expect?

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

I think you just described almost everyone here. My favorite is when they throw in a term like "technique", LOL.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

I've heard from a good source that Denver will be trading out of the #2 spot with either Washington or Tennessee and they will be drafting Gabbert. Which would leave Dareus available when the Bills select.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Sources have told me that relatively anonymous people on message boards say pretty much whatever they want, and will continue to do so despite complaints.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• CleveSteve
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by psubills62
                      Sources have told me that relatively anonymous people on message boards say pretty much whatever they want, and will continue to do so despite complaints.
                      I'm hearing that may in fact be the case.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by CleveSteve
                          I'm hearing that may in fact be the case.
                          My inside source can confirm that what you are hearing about what psubills62 is hearing is almost a definite possible likelihood.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                            We play to win the game!
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Your sources are ****!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

My inside source which I consider very solid tells me that everyone is full of crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X