• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Something Peculiar

This is going to be hard to explain, but I'll do the best I can.
    Writers and/or bloggers have different methods of finding out information. Obviously, there are sources, which some guys have plenty of and others none. Another, assuming you are credentialed by the organization, is being credentialed by the organization and being able to attend pressers for press conferences for Nix, Gailey, etc.
    The other is by going through the media relations department for a specific story request or question to have answered. There's Scott Berchtold at the top, Kris Jenkins other him and further on down. Generally, this is used for people that can't get the kind of access they desire, or guys that do but couldn't make a specific event.
    Anyway, I'm telling you guys, I have been trying to get comment from the front office for some time about Cameron Jordan , with absolutely no success. I asked a question at a Nix presser early in March that basically went unanswered and repeatedly through media relations. Cameron Jordan talk without a doubt in my mind is being avoided at all costs. If you don't' believe me, find a link post-Senior Bowl where Nix or any Bills scout publicly discusses him.
    I have a source, one I consider solid, that has told me since Mid February the Bills are sky high on Jordan. It's almost like they don't want anyone knowing they are interested in him, because nobody will confirm a thing.
    I'm not saying Jordan will be the Bills pick, but I'm not betting against it either.. It isn't sexy, but what I hear is the Bills like him as much, and maybe even more than any DL in the draft.. I didn't say most, I said more than ANY of them.
    I probably didn't do a great job of explaining the organization's avoidance on him. But the main point is the Buffalo Bills really like him.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Something Peculiar

If the Bills are going to reach at #3, it'll be on Jordan. I'm OK with that, if Dareus is gone in the first two picks. If Marcel is there and they pass him over in favor of Jordan I'll be scratching my head.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

I agree with Yardie here. I like Jordan, and if Dareus is gone, he's the guy I'd probably be happiest with at #3. But I'd have a very hard time if they passed over Dareus for Jordan.

In my mind, if Dareus is gone at #3, the best situation would be to trade down and take Jordan. I know that trading down is very difficult for top 5 teams, so I'm not expecting anything.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Jordan at 3 is absolutely ludicrous.

Trade down to 10 and I'm SORT OF not too angry about it.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          Jordan at 3 is absolutely ludicrous.

Trade down to 10 and I'm SORT OF not too angry about it.
          Not fighting with you, asking a question.. Why do you think that's ridiculous?
          is it because he's not ranked in the Top 10 of Kiper, Mayock or Mcshay's Big Board?

I researched and looked up seven different mock drafts from last year, including all the listed above. Not one of them that the kid Jacksonville took at 10 last year going in the first round.

The Bills love Cameron Jordan.. Obviously, I'm not in the war room, can't predict with confidence they'll draft him nor do I pretend to know exactly how high he is on their big board. But they do like him a lot.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

If they want Jordan they can probably move back a few picks to do so if they have a dance partner...

but then again, maybe other teams have a higher grade on Cameron Jordan that what draft pundits do... Many draftniks base their mocks off other mocks so it will be interesting to see how the draft actually unfolds... This year looks like a year where things might get shaken up a bunch early and cascade on down.

All I know is I like Cam Jordan... He would be a rock solid pickup.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

I think Cam Jordan is more highly thought of than a lot of people believe. Even if Buffalo doesn't take him, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes in the top 10.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

I agree Jordan will go in Top 10, maybe as high as 6.

And regarding a trade down, any team right now would love to move down, nobody wants to move up right now, that's the problem.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

And regarding a trade down, any team right now would love to move down, nobody wants to move up right now, that's the problem.

I think the Patriots would love to move up and grab a top WR or even CB. Thye've got picks to burn

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Okay, I admit it...I'm pat's source.

Originally posted by YardRat
                    Note-Wouldn't be surprised in the least if the team actually passes on Miller here and 'reaches' for Jordan
                    Not the dumbass source, like Schefter or Graham, mind you....
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

I like Cameron, I really like his ability against both the run and as a pass rusher, but taking him would mean not taking other players that are ranked higher, to me.

I wouldn't be against it; but I'd prefer a trade down if we want him... I think he could still be there as far as Tenn at 8 or Wash at 10.

And I think what makes a move down even more possible is that I can see the Panthers passing up Newton and BOTH Newton and Gabbert are there at 3.

However, I can also see the Bills staying put and taking their top QB at that point when both Miller and Dareus are likely gone.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

I wouldn't be upset at all. I can understand why they like him so much. He may not have Dareus' upside, but he's just as safe a pick. With the league's worst run D, it's obviously a glaring need. If they take him third, I'll trust that they tried to trade down and couldn't. But like I've said, if the guy you want is there, you take him.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

Jordan seems like a nice player but is he a game changer?

If the Bills front office likes him better than Dareus they should be fired.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by EDS
                            Jordan seems like a nice player but is he a game changer?

If the Bills front office likes him better than Dareus they should be fired.
                            He doesn't have the ceiling of Dareus IMO. But, he's the type of day one starter at DE that can make you better against the run and may rack up 6 sacks or more in his rookie year. Just my opinion. I could see him being an annual double digit sack guy who is also a stout run defender.

To be honest with you though, I Like Watt's intensity a bit more and I think they are fairly similar actually.
                            Last edited by X-Era; 04-26-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• CleveSteve
                              • Apr 2011

If I'm the Bills, my board looks like

1) Dareus
                              Distant 2) Watt
                              3) Jordan

I understand that some like Jordan better than Watt, but I don't. However, I don't have a huge gap between them like between 1 and 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X