GBN Draft Report: Mock Draft with trades (has Buffalo moving up from the 2nd round)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

GBN Draft Report: Mock Draft with trades (has Buffalo moving up from the 2nd round)

The Bills like to trade back into the first round. They did this with JP Losman and John McCargo and if you believe the rumors, they also tried to trade back into the first round last year. Would anyone be surprised that if they draft Dareus or Miller in the first round, they then trade their 2nd round pick and others to get back into the first round and get their QB?

First round

#

Team

Player

POS

School

1Carolina *Cam Newton QB Auburn

Denver*Marcel Dareus

DT

Alabama

Buffalo Von Miller LB

Texas A&M
    Cincinnati
    *A.J. Green WR Georgia
    Arizona
    *Pat Peterson CB

LSU
    6P

Washington (from Cleveland) *Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri
    San Francisco
    *Robert Quinn LB North Carolina
    8Tennessee

*Julio Jones WR Alabama
    Dallas*Nick Fairley 5T Auburn
    10P

Cleveland (from Washington)

*Tyron Smith OT Southern California
    11 Houston*Aldon Smith LB Missouri
    12P

San Diego (from Minnesota) *JJ Watt DE Wisconsin
    13DetroitPrince AmukamaraCB Nebraska
    14PNew England (from St. Louis)

Cameron Jordan DE California

Miami

*Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
    16 Jacksonville Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson
    17St. Louis (from Oakland thru NE) Corey Liuget DT Illinois
    18P

Minnesota (from San Diego)Jake Locker QB Washington
    19New York GiantsMike PounceyC/G Florida

Tampa Bay Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue
    21PChicago (from Kansas City)Anthony Castonzo OT

Boston College
    22IndianapolisNate Solder OT

Colorado

PhiladelphiaJimmy Smith CB Colorado
    24P

Buffalo (from New Orleans) Christian Ponder QB Florida State

Seattle Andy Dalton QB Texas Christian

Baltimore *Akeem Ayers LB UCLA

AtlantaAdrian Clayborn DE Iowa
    28New England Mark Ingram RB Alabama
    29P

Kansas City (from Chicago)Phil Taylor NT Baylor

New York Jets *Muhammad Wilkerson 5T Temple

Pittsburgh Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin

Green Bay Cameron Heyward 5T Ohio State

Projected trades:
    6/10 Washington gets the 6th pick from Cleveland for the 10th and 144th picks this year and a conditional second round pick in 2012 which could esclate to a #1 depending on productivity.
    12/18 San Diego gets the 12th pick from Minnesota for the 18th and 61st picks.
    14/17 New England gets the 14th pick from St. Louis for the 17th and 92nd picks.
    21/29 Chicago gets the 21st pick from Kansas City for the 29th and 93rd picks.
    24/34 Buffalo gets the 24th pick from New Orleans for the 34th, 100th and 122nd picks.

Last edited by Michael82; 04-26-2011, 04:13 PM.
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Re: Great Blue North Draft Report: Mock Draft with trades (has Buffalo moving up)

From the thread title, I thought they were saying the Bills would move up from #3 to #1. That would really piss me off. And be stupid.

But I can see this scenario playing out.

I think a trade either way (down from 10 or up from 34) is possible. Having #3 is great, but #34 and two 4ths is very key. Gives us flexibility both ways.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Re: GBN Draft Report: Mock Draft with trades (has Buffalo moving up from the 2nd round)

A second and 2 fourths to move from 34 to 24?

Certainly doable, but it BETTER be a guy they are very very high on.

I still have the trade back up for John McCargo in the first round complex.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
        • Sep 2008

Re: GBN Draft Report: Mock Draft with trades (has Buffalo moving up from the 2nd round)

Originally posted by Michael82
        The Bills like to trade back into the first round. They did this with JP Losman and John McCargo and if you believe the rumors, they also tried to trade back into the first round last year. Would anyone be surprised that if they draft Dareus or Miller in the first round, they then trade their 2nd round pick and others to get back into the first round and get their QB?
        I don't see that happening even though it is possible. This is a different staff with a different set of philosophies, more importantly at the top with the draft decision maker in Buddy Nix. He doesn't like giving up draft picks which means your not likely to see him move up in the draft like GMs of the Bills recent past which landed us JP Losman, John McCargo etc. But, who knows?

What would be real cool is if somehow a talent like JJ Watt were still there in the low to mid 20s and Buffalo traded up to get him. Now your sitting there with Miller and Watt for your first 2 picks. That would have potential to boost a defense very quickly. But it would be costly in my opinion.
        Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 04-26-2011, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2010

nix will not give up picks, they are staying at 34 and taking whatever qb is left out of the 7...

Comment

• THRILLHO
            This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
            • Feb 2009

Blah. I think we need those picks too much to gamble on a qb. If you want one in the first round, take Gabbert and move on.
            True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Michael82

Give up 2 picks (the 3rd is spent on a player either way), which is 2 additional players to move up for a guy who ought to be there at 34? No, I don't really like that idea. Take Gabbert at 3 and you end up with 2 more players as well.

This move would be to compete, and "over draft" to get a QB out of this draft in an early round. If were over drafting (and the teams that take QB's will be most likely) just do it at 3 and still have all those picks to get the defensive players.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THRILLHO
                Blah. I think we need those picks too much to gamble on a qb. If you want one in the first round, take Gabbert and move on.
                Just that easy.

And then realize, like the teams do, that you have exceptional depth at DL and get great players lower in the draft than normal... Get a DL in round 2 that's a 1st rounder in most drafts...

Comment

Working...
                X