X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Scout quotes on a ton of prospects

Ok, here it is again in what has become somewhat of an annual tradition here on BBI. Strangely I have found that the two best sources for draft info come out of Wisconsin. There's the Green Bay Post Gazette, and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Everything from the Post Gazette is free, so here's what they have published so far (oriented towards a 3-4 scheme because that's what the Packers run.) DL LB Then there's the Journal-Sentinel. They publish some of their content online, but the rest is print only. Here's what's online so far: QB WR/TE However, I have gone to the trouble of pulling up the print JS articles from my local library, which are different from what's linked above. Both are worth reading! Here's what they have so far: Quote: QUARTERBACKS Name School HT. WT. 40-Yd. Dash Rd. 1. CAM NEWTON Auburn 6-5 246 4.58 1 Fourth-year junior. Backed up Tim Tebow for two years at Florida. Reportedly was to be expelled for cheating and transferred to Blinn (Texas) Junior College, which he led to national title in 2009. In 2010, posted an NFL-passer rating of 124.9, helping Tigers to national title.

Worth the read, most of what we know but still interesting to hear it from guys who do this for a living.
  • baalworship
    • May 2003

Re: Scout quotes on a ton of prospects

Thank you. Great read.

On Marcell Dareus:

Played up and down the line for coach Nick Saban. "He's the best 5-technique, the best 3-technique and the best nose tackle," one scout said. "Now you don't want him doing your taxes, but he's a hell of a football player." Started just 15 of 33 games, waiting his turn as is generally the case at Alabama. Finished with 70 tackles (20 for loss), 11 sacks and one "big" play. "He's a power player," said Polian. "Think Richard Seymour." When matched against Florida C Mike Pouncey, Dareus "kicked his (expletive) all day long," observed one scout. Added an AFC scout: "He's the safest and best player in the draft."

Bill Polian comparing him to Richard Seymour. Please fall to us!

Comment

Working...
    X