• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Rumors of Wash and Texans trying to move to 2

Here's the rumor:

Makes sense if Shanahan thinks Gabbert is a franchise guy and we know McNabb is as good as gone.

Theres also a rumor of the Texans trying to jump to 2 for Miller:

For Gabbert fans, it's possible that Newton and Gabbert go 1 and 2. That puts Dareus at 3 which means the top player in the draft, IMO, drops to us at 3.

Personally, I think Dareus may go #1, and that means either Newton or Gabbert makes it to 3 regardless of what the Skins do. I think Coach Sal is on the money and that the darkhorse for us is Gabbert at 3.

What are our options?

Well, Newton or Gabbert, or both at 3 is a 75% likelihood... theres only 4 versions with only one having neither Gabbert nor Newton at 3:

V1) pick 1- Newton or Gabbert, pick 2- another player, pick 3- the QB thats left
    V2) pick 1- another player, pick 2- another player, pick 3- both Newton or Gabbert avail.
    V3) pick 1- another player, pick 2- Newton or Gabbert, pick 3- the QB thats left
    V4) pick 1- Newton or Gabbert, pick 2- the QB thats left, pick 3- no QB's left

Moving up one spot to 2: Denvers pick is worth 2600, ours at 3 is worth 2200... it would take our 3rd, 68th, (250) and our top 4th, 100th, (104)... thats 2559.

My guess is that the Skins don't pull this trade... but it's Snyder so who knows. Obviously if the Texans move up, Gabbert or Newton will be at 3, they aren't taking a QB... they would move up for Peterson or Miller.

My guess is that everyone stays put and it goes:

1) Car- Dareus
    2) Den- Miller
    3) Buff- our pick of Gabbert or Newton
    Last edited by X-Era; 04-26-2011, 09:10 PM.

• Buffalo Thriller
    • Sep 2010

Re: Rumors of Wash and Texans trying to move to 2

Newton if we get to choose between him and Gabbert.
    Originally posted by OpIv37
    You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

I'm quite sure everyone will stay put as well.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
        Here's the rumor:

Makes sense if Shanahan thinks Gabbert is a franchise guy and we know McNabb is as good as gone.

Theres also a rumor of the Texans trying to jump to 2 for Miller:

For Gabbert fans, it's possible that Newton and Gabbert go 1 and 2. That puts Dareus at 3 which means the top player in the draft, IMO, drops to us at 3.

Personally, I think Dareus may go #1, and that means either Newton or Gabbert makes it to 3 regardless of what the Skins do. I think Coach Sal is on the money and that the darkhorse for us is Gabbert at 3.

What are our options?

Well, Newton or Gabbert, or both at 3 is a 75% likelihood... theres only 4 versions with only one having neither Gabbert nor Newton at 3:

V1) pick 1- Newton or Gabbert, pick 2- another player, pick 3- the QB thats left
        V2) pick 1- another player, pick 2- another player, pick 3- both Newton or Gabbert avail.
        V3) pick 1- another player, pick 2- Newton or Gabbert, pick 3- the QB thats left
        V4) pick 1- Newton or Gabbert, pick 2- the QB thats left, pick 3- no QB's left

Moving up one spot to 2: Denvers pick is worth 2600, ours at 3 is worth 2200... it would take our 3rd, 68th, (250) and our top 4th, 100th, (104)... thats 2559.

My guess is that the Skins don't pull this trade... but it's Snyder so who knows. Obviously if the Texans move up, Gabbert or Newton will be at 3, they aren't taking a QB... they would move up for Peterson or Miller.

My guess is that everyone stays put and it goes:

1) Car- Dareus
        2) Den- Miller

all the reports are saying its a done deal, newton to the panthers

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
          all the reports are saying its a done deal, newton to the panthers
          I don't think it's a lock, just a hunch.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            I've heard from a good source that Denver will be trading out of the #2 spot with either Washington or Tennessee and they will be drafting Gabbert. Which would leave Dareus available when the Bills select.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
              1) Car- Dareus
              2) Den- Miller

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Comment

Working...
                X