PDA

View Full Version : Very disappointed that many of the Sabre didn't show up

chernobylwraiths
04-26-2011, 09:32 PM
What a crapfest that game was.

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Yep.

And I hope the Pominville hate goes away. The guy is very important to this team

They fell to **** without him, especially the PK.

chernobylwraiths
04-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Yep.

And I hope the Pominville hate goes away. The guy is very important to this team

They fell to **** without him, especially the PK.

No it won't go away. Pomminville can be important, but takes up too damned much cap room for a second line player. Not his fault, but it is still there. He gets points, but is no offensive juggernaut. They weren't scoring much with him in the lineup either.

Is it a coincidence that they played their worst game with Roy and Hecht back in the lineup? Stafford barely was visible in the playoffs as well.

Make sure you sign Ennis, Gerbe and Myers for many years to come.

trapezeus
04-26-2011, 11:09 PM
that was one of the worst game 7 efforts from a team that i've ever seen.

but thankfully you knew we weren't going to win early. that made getting over it a whole lot easier.

jcdavey
04-26-2011, 11:11 PM
tough break guys, looks like my habs may be joining your guys on the golf course tomorrow night

Historian
04-27-2011, 04:18 AM
Does anybody really want to see them get embarrassed by Washington?

:puh:

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-27-2011, 04:39 AM
That was definitely an ass beating.

don137
04-27-2011, 06:23 AM
I have to agree with Trap. That was the worst game 7 I ever saw in any sport. Total domination. Philly came to play. The Sabres just did not show up. All they accomplished since the first of January was ruined by the last 105 minutes they played.
Flyers will not go far with that goaltending.

trapezeus
04-27-2011, 08:40 AM
i don't know what i think about the whole thing. Here are my thoughts in no particular order;

1. game seven was the #2 seeded flyers vs. the #7 Buffalo Pirates. We had Gragnani, mancari, ennis (first full season), gerbe (full season). And they seem to be a good new group of guys. Mancari is fairly average but looked good at the end of the season. The old guard of connolly, vanek (goals aside), pominville, hecht, etc looked pretty bad as a grouping.

2. It is hard to believe that the team since january can play so well in the regular season can be so outclassed in the post season. The team did score a lot of pretty regular season goals and seemed frustrated at times looking for that extra pass to score a goal in the playoffs. They need to get better at scoring ugly.

3. stafford. I dont' know what i think about him. he's rick james. When he's on. He's on. When he's not, it's totally unspectacular.

4. line shuffle. My pal said during the first that he wants to make a lindy ruff iphone app that randomly generates lines by a shake of the phone. I think when he gets crazy like having neidermeyer, vanek and mancari on a line, the players are totally lost. they find no rhythm.

5. Lindy seemed pretty defeated behind the bench. i know we all hate the ingame interview, but when pang asked if playign roy and hecht was working out and he said, "doesn't look like it" i was just stunned.

6. I hated that this team just bent over and took it. Even after the second when it was pretty much out of reach, they could have at least brought their physical game and thanked richards with brutal hit?

7. I guess they were gassed and couldn't finish off checks. A lot of this series had guys waving sticks with their legs standing still. Really no excuse for that. Especially in a game 7. This could be it. go get it.

8. I'm not sure what to think about lindy as a coach with dineen getting ready to get offers. I know pegula won't do anything, and i'm not sure coaching is entirely to blame. but miller could have been pulled 2 other times in the series as a wake up call to him, but he didn't do it. he pulled him in game 7 when the game was over to protect miller. Meanwhile Latoilette pulled his goalies because they weren't performing and to protect his team. Lindy did pretty good with a pretty average team. The answer is that he probably needs to be given a three year deadline with the rest of the team. They are getting a new core together.

9. I laugh pretty hard every time i read someone say that pominville leaving was the difference. He wasn't. those things weren't correlated at all.