PDA

View Full Version : newton and miller are gone, who do you take?

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2011, 01:29 PM
marcell dareus or blaine gabbert?

if gabbert is the choice then i think ralph wilson is still calling the shots, if dareus is the choice than nix is in full control!

psubills62
04-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Dareus 11 times out of 10.

FlyingDutchman
04-27-2011, 01:34 PM
do you really need to ask this board this question...what do you think 95% of the members on this site are going to say

Bangarang
04-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Let's just say that I'm flipping over the table that Gabbert is sitting at in order to get the card with Dareus' name on it to the podium as quickly as possible.

Sportsuser101
04-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Peterson

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2011, 02:44 PM
well god help this board if they take gabbert over dareus, possibly the next alex smith over bruce smith........ ugh....

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2011, 03:11 PM
do you really need to ask this board this question...what do you think 95% of the members on this site are going to say

just want to send nix a message!

THRILLHO
04-27-2011, 03:37 PM
I had to be different :)

sdbillsfan2
04-27-2011, 03:53 PM
just want to send nix a message!

One day before the draft , I really don't think ol buddy would be here checking on yet another poll.

I will really be happy when all the speculation on draft picks is over. Then I'm sure we'll see all the "we should have " polls pop up. yay! After the draft we'll have a little better idea where we stand. Let the next 24 hours zip by God please.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2011, 03:55 PM
im just saying this and only this, if they take gabbert over dareus, this board is going to flip out....

X-Era
04-27-2011, 04:00 PM
im just saying this and only this, if they take gabbert over dareus, this board is going to flip out....I will say this, regardless of the situation, if they take either Gabbert or Newton, plenty will flip out.

Figster
04-27-2011, 04:14 PM
I will say this, regardless of the situation, if they take either Gabbert or Newton, plenty will flip out.

Folks will just have to flip out then...

X-Era
04-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Folks will just have to flip out then...I won't.

And I won't if we take Miller, Dareus, Peterson, or Green

This is a 4 and 12 team... there's a reason.

Figster
04-27-2011, 04:46 PM
I won't.

Poster on BB.com who claims to have an inside source and is covering the draft for a local station is 90% sure Buffalo plans on drafting a signal caller in the 1st (Newton or Gabbert)

Same poster nailed the CJ Spiller pick last year...

Syderick
04-27-2011, 04:52 PM
I'd definitely go with Dareus

lordofgun
04-27-2011, 04:55 PM
The real question is what if Dareus and Miller are gone. God forbid.

FlyingDutchman
04-27-2011, 04:56 PM
I won't.

a scrub like Gabbert or Newton sitting the bench is going to make this team better?

Extremebillsfan247
04-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Gabbert is a really good prospect, but Dareus brings too much to the table to pass on. I don't think the Bills would even hesitate to take Dareus in that situation.

X-Era
04-27-2011, 05:23 PM
a scrub like Gabbert or Newton sitting the bench is going to make this team better?Will it help our 4-6 win team go to 10 wins and the playoffs? No... but no player at 3 will.

Will it get us into the playoffs or beyond when the defense and O line gets better? Yes, IMO.

I think it's forward thinking and what good teams do. They evaluate ALL positions, and when they do that, they end up with Fitz being a limiting factor when the rest of the team is good enough to make a playoff run... OK, now what? Well, you see where and how you can fix that before it becomes a major problem... 3 pick in the draft? Is anyone there that could be that guy? If the answer is yes, you make a move for your future so that you actually make the playoffs when were good enough instead of having it be painfully obvious that Fitz is the main problem.

And, getting a potential franchise QB AND upgrading the defense can all be done from this draft... they are not mutually exclusive.

ddaryl
04-27-2011, 05:32 PM
no brainer. Dareus

X-Era
04-27-2011, 05:50 PM
It's a no brainer to take Dareus, the best player in the draft IMO... unless...

1) You realize you have a pro-bowl 5 technique in Williams, a 2nd round NT in Troupe, a 3rd round 3-4 DE in Carrington, and your best FA last year in Dwan Edwards
2) The extremely good depth on the DL and an ability to get very good rotational prospects later
3) Your convinced Gabbert is a franchise QB

I understand heads will explode if Dareus is there and we take Gabbert... but, however unlikely, I could see it.

ParanoidAndroid
04-27-2011, 09:23 PM

Uncanny. When I read this, the count was 42 for Dareus and 2 for Gabbert.
42/44 = 95.45%

Danny Duberstein
04-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Well, Dareus has been #1 on my board for the last 2 months, so.........yeah...Dareus.

doug45
04-28-2011, 09:02 AM
We need a QB...If you can't score the D will not matter. We need a leader and that only comes from the QB. We have wasted so many picks over the years let's not screw it up this year.

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 09:33 AM
We need a QB...If you can't score the D will not matter. We need a leader and that only comes from the QB. We have wasted so many picks over the years let's not screw it up this year.

Who says we can't score? A problem that I'm noticing w/people is that they still have embedded in their heads Trent Edward's play. Fitz could score. In 2010, we averaged: 18 pts per game. And that was with an atrocious defense that couldn't get the opponents offense off the field. It also includes the 1st 2 games that were really Trent Edwards continued poor play. There was one game with Fitz where we scored 49 pts last season.

And mind you, I don't see Fitz as a franchise QB. But we have bigger holes and yes, the D does matter a great deal! Fix the D and keep the OL healthy and we'll be much improved!!!

doug45
04-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Who says we can't score? A problem that I'm noticing w/people is that they still have embedded in their heads Trent Edward's play. Fitz could score. In 2010, we averaged: 18 pts per game. And that was with an atrocious defense that couldn't get the opponents offense off the field. It also includes the 1st 2 games that were really Trent Edwards continued poor play. There was one game with Fitz where we scored 49 pts last season.

And mind you, I don't see Fitz as a franchise QB. But we have bigger holes and yes, the D does matter a great deal! Fix the D and keep the OL healthy and we'll be much improved!!!

The average is only 18 points because of the ONE 49 pt. game. And you have to do much better than 18 pts. to win in the NFL these days. We need a QB that could be a Franchise player and a leader, and Friz is not that person. But the Bills will never take a player like that because they would never spend that kind of money. But why should they we fill the seats either way they figure.

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 01:50 PM
The average is only 18 points because of the ONE 49 pt. game. And you have to do much better than 18 pts. to win in the NFL these days. We need a QB that could be a Franchise player and a leader, and Friz is not that person. But the Bills will never take a player like that because they would never spend that kind of money. But why should they we fill the seats either way they figure.

I could also say that if we take out the 1st 2 games that didn't start Fitz and also take out his lowest score (3 pts) game, we could be that much higher. I don't want to get into a numbers game. Fact is, he can score. I'm not saying I'm in love with his play or that he's an elite player. I'm saying, right now, he's good enough. How did Baltimore win their last superbowl with the terrible offense they had - a dominant defense. The last time we had a dominant defense was the last time we went to the playoffs...when we had Pat and Ted up front on the Dline and NOBODY could run on us. Coincidence? Not in my book...

doug45
04-28-2011, 09:21 PM
I will say it again if we can't score the D will not matter. What is a DT going to do make a sack or two? We need a leader and Fitz has shown he is not it.

better days
04-28-2011, 09:58 PM
I will say it again if we can't score the D will not matter. What is a DT going to do make a sack or two? We need a leader and Fitz has shown he is not it.

I am calling BS on this post. Explain how Fitz has shown he is not a leader. I suppose you expect Newton or Gabbert will be leaders while Fitz is not, think again.

doug45
04-28-2011, 10:34 PM
I am calling BS on this post. Explain how Fitz has shown he is not a leader. I suppose you expect Newton or Gabbert will be leaders while Fitz is not, think again.

Just look our record, no better then the last 10 or more years. What has he done to show he is a leader ???? A top D player is nice to have but will NEVER make the same impact as a top QB.

better days
04-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Just look our record, no better then the last 10 or more years. What has he done to show he is a leader ???? A top D player is nice to have but will NEVER make the same impact as a top QB.

I agree a franchise QB would have more impact than a Pro Bowl defensive player, but I doubt Gabbert or any other QB in this draft is a franchise QB.

Fitz may not be the best QB in the NFL, but he is a leader without question.

doug45
04-28-2011, 10:54 PM
I agree a franchise QB would have more impact than a Pro Bowl defensive player, but I doubt Gabbert or any other QB in this draft is a franchise QB.

Fitz may not be the best QB in the NFL, but he is a leader without question.

I guess we will just have to wait and see, I just hate to throw away another year. At this point we really do need a franchise QB, but we got what we got. I guess all the really bad picks we have made over the last decade make me wonder if they really want to win.