PDA

View Full Version : Sabres should hire a 50K a year person

trapezeus
04-27-2011, 02:00 PM
to punch Myers in the face before every game.

When myers is playing angry, he looks like a game changer. He loses that gentle giant angle that he has every now and then. after that BS penalty on him, he played a lot more aggressively.

There were times in the series where he was just pissed and played out of his mind and then there were a couple games were he was just lackidaisical during this series.

his development has been impressive. Next year, he's going to have to play with that edge a lot more than when he does without it.

Bufftp
04-27-2011, 02:03 PM
does Myers get to hit back? If so 50k is a little low.

G Wolly
04-27-2011, 02:08 PM
does Meyers get to hit back? If so 50k is a little low.

Myers.

And we'll make Connolly do it. He was already being paid for nothing useful anyway.

trapezeus
04-27-2011, 02:54 PM
no on the hitting back. if he responds to his assailant, he'll stop being angry.

the job description should be:

Do you specialize in sucker punches? If so we'd like you to punch Myers in the face before every game including playoffs.

Applicant must:
1. be able to reach to 6'8"
2. Must be able to sprint outside the radius of a swinging hockey stick.
3. shouldn't be overly strong to cause injury

Salary is 50k plus health. Airfare and running sneakers included.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-27-2011, 03:36 PM
I would do it, but I would knock him out, BOOYEAH!!!!

G Wolly
04-27-2011, 03:41 PM
I would do it, but I would knock him out, BOOYEAH!!!!

He said punch him.

Not "hit with your purse"

GreedoII
04-27-2011, 03:47 PM
The coach is and always will be the issue with these players sense of play. It's his system that's a problem. He has worn out his welcome. Time for new blood in all areas of this team.

Historian
04-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Sophmore slump.

Crisis
04-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Didn't he just turn 21? He'll be ok.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-27-2011, 08:04 PM
He said punch him.

Not "hit with your purse"

Don't ruin my joke with your crappy tart.

G Wolly
04-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Don't ruin my joke with your crappy tart.

The joke was that you could knock someone out?

trapezeus
04-28-2011, 08:32 AM
i think myers is going to be fine. it was just this year, specifically at the end of the season where there were some games where he was just the oversized kid playing with the youngsters and not wanting to upset anyone and then there were games where he was visibly pissed and was laying out people and 100% effort.

i think in the 2 years we've seen enough to think that he has great long term defensemen in buffalo (especially with pegula willing to pay).

if he has a guy he trusts who can stay at home, he's going to be an awesome 4th forward in a lot of situations.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-28-2011, 10:15 AM
The joke was that you could knock someone out?

C'mon boy, you can make up a good one one of these times. I know you can. C'mon.

G Wolly
04-28-2011, 05:43 PM
C'mon boy, you can make up a good one one of these times. I know you can. C'mon.

I'm clarifying what you said.

That's what you said.

Crisis
04-28-2011, 05:49 PM
I liked Myers getting in Pronger's face, the knock on him his rookie year was that he didn't have that "mean streak" to him that the bigger defends do (like Pronger/Chara)... but he's starting to bully people around with his size on top of being an amazing skater... it's easy to forget how young he actually is. He's a 21 year old defenseman that has been playing #1 minutes his first two years in the NHL.