PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Panthers Final 4:

baalworship
04-27-2011, 03:16 PM
ESPN just said they are making final preparations down to 4 players they could take with #1 PICK.

Cam Newton, Marcell Dareus, Patrick Peterson, and AJ Green.

And even though I am not a huge Von Miller fan I can see how Carolina doesn't want him as #1 on their board because of scheme (He's best at 3-4 OLB and they run a 4-3)

mysticsoto
04-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Carolina, IMO, is going with Newton. For the amt of money you have to pay a #1, they are going to take the sexy pick. In truth, they do need a QB pretty badly so they might as well roll the dice and hope Newton pans out.

baalworship
04-27-2011, 03:25 PM
The reason I posted this is this is a real NFL team's view of the best players in this draft.

X-Era
04-27-2011, 03:45 PM
I think it's Dareus.

baalworship
04-27-2011, 03:47 PM
I think it's Dareus.

Dareus is a beast and the only player other than Cam I think they are really looking at. Marty Hurney is not exactly known as a risk taker and Dareus is a safer pick than Cam.

X-Era
04-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Dareus is a beast and the only player other than Cam I think they are really looking at. Marty Hurney is not exactly known as a risk taker and Dareus is a safer pick than Cam.That's exactly it. The Panthers have developmental guys, if your taking a QB at 1, he ought to be able to be your day one starter. I just don't see Cam picking up an NFL offense that fast. With us, we run a spread-like offense so much that he may adapt more easily, and he doesn't need to start day one. For them, it's a rougher road.

CleveSteve
04-27-2011, 04:00 PM
I think Carolina decided a long time ago who they were going to pick. They're just hoping someone offers them a "blow us out of the water" trade offer. There's no other motivation to not choose someone since there's no contract negotiations currently possible.

They probably see those as the only guys people might be willing to trade up to #1 for.

Sportsuser101
04-27-2011, 04:14 PM
As I posted in my mock I think Dareus is the pick. I think Newton falls all the way to #8 to the Titans. I also think a possible upset that Nick Fairley goes #2 to Denver. Gabbert to the Cardinals. And a shocker is Julio Jones to Bengals over AJ Green. This of course is barring any trades which I have a feeling there will be quite a few.

Crisis
04-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Anybody but Dareus please, one of dareus/miller needs to be available at 3.

baalworship
04-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Anybody but Dareus please, one of dareus/miller needs to be available at 3.

Bill Polian compared Dareus to Richard Seymour. Dareus would be a monster in Buffalo as a Defensive End in our 3-4 defense.

mrbojanglezs
04-27-2011, 06:06 PM
I could see AJ green

mikemac2001
04-27-2011, 06:21 PM
ESPN just said they are making final preparations down to 4 players they could take with #1 PICK.

Cam Newton, Marcell Dareus, Patrick Peterson, and AJ Green.

And even though I am not a huge Von Miller fan I can see how Carolina doesn't want him as #1 on their board because of scheme (He's best at 3-4 OLB and they run a 4-3)

i thought rivera was running a 3-4 in SD

is he a 4-3 guy? or staying with 4-3 due to coaching/players

DraftBoy
04-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Let me help you with Carolina's list;

Cam Newton

X-Era
04-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Let me help you with Carolina's list;

Cam NewtonWord is that the Panthers haven't spoken with Cam in the past few days...

Dareus at 1 makes a lot of sense.

DraftBoy
04-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Word is that the Panthers haven't spoken with Cam in the past few days...

Dareus at 1 makes a lot of sense.

True or not, which its likely not. This pick has been locked in for weeks now. Id be shocked tomorrow night if he doesn't go 1st.

X-Era
04-27-2011, 07:01 PM
True or not, which its likely not. This pick has been locked in for weeks now. Id be shocked tomorrow night if he doesn't go 1st.I agree that right now it looks unlikely. I just wonder if when they are on the clock, and when they look at the #1 pick, and look at the risk vs. reward, if they could come away thinking Dareus is the safer and smarter pick.