PDA

View Full Version : I find it rather funny...

jamze132
04-28-2011, 06:04 AM
That the day of the draft all of the "experts" and so-called experts have Darius sliding to #3 now.

X-Era
04-28-2011, 06:05 AM
That the day of the draft all of the "experts" and so-called experts have Darius sliding to #3 now.Why?

If anything I think it means that the ranks and the mocks aren't always stacked the same. IMO, they never are. Patrick Peterson should go top 2, but he may not go until 5 or beyond.

BTW, I still think theres a chance Car takes Dareus at 1.

TacklingDummy
04-28-2011, 07:36 AM
That the day of the draft all of the "experts" and so-called experts have Darius sliding to #3 now.I'm not surprised. Up until about a month ago most mocks had him between 7-15. I'm not sure the love affair with him is.

CleveSteve
04-28-2011, 07:40 AM
That the day of the draft all of the "experts" and so-called experts have Darius sliding to #3 now.

I'm no expert, but I still think he goes top two.

alohabillsfan
04-28-2011, 07:43 AM
I still think he goes to Denver, Denver is trying really hard to find a trading partner, they want out of number 2. If Denver cannot trade down they will pick Dareus.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-28-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm not surprised. Up until about a month ago most mocks had him between 7-15. I'm not sure the love affair with him is.
It's more that DaQuan Bowers still has big injury questions and Nick Fairley is sliding than it is Dareus rising. He's basically the best D-lineman by default now, and most of the teams at the top of the draft desperately need D-line help.

ct bills fan
04-28-2011, 09:01 AM
I don't remember Dareus ever being in the 7-15 range?? If he falls to #3, I would think Buffalo would make the pick quicker than it made the Spiller pick.

mrbojanglezs
04-28-2011, 09:06 AM
mayock does it right.... NO MOCK DRAFTS UNTIL NIGHT OF. doing 5 mock drafts is stupid

k-oneputt
04-28-2011, 09:11 AM
I don't know how some of you guys don't like Dareus. He's everything that we don't have on our d-line.
Big, agile, dominated at a top school, well coached, plays big in big games, makes players around him better, difference maker.
He is exactly the guy we need.

Bill Cody
04-28-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm not surprised. Up until about a month ago most mocks had him between 7-15. I'm not sure the love affair with him is.

You have a point based on sheer production. I'm not a big Nick Fairley fan but to be fair he's got better production on a worse defense than Dareus.

ct bills fan
04-28-2011, 09:21 AM
I don't know how some of you guys don't like Dareus. He's everything that we don't have on our d-line.
Big, agile, dominated at a top school, well coached, plays big in big games, makes players around him better, difference maker.
He is exactly the guy we need.

Plus, he's of very high character - read what's he's been though with both parents and his high school coach dieing. I would be ecstatic with him as the pick. He would make everbody else on D better.

acehole
04-28-2011, 09:23 AM
You have a point based on sheer production. I'm not a big Nick Fairley fan but to be fair he's got better production on a worse defense than Dareus.

nick fairley = warren sapp

k-oneputt
04-28-2011, 09:26 AM

What exactly are you calling as "sheer production" ?
If you are talking about stats, stats don't tell the whole story for a DL like dareus.

Bill Cody
04-28-2011, 09:59 AM
What exactly are you calling as "sheer production" ?
If you are talking about stats, stats don't tell the whole story for a DL like dareus.

Look although Dareus played a bit of NT as a freshman we'd not likely be playing him there with the Bills. You're saying tackles and sacks are not relevant stats for a 3-4 DE? Sorry. If that were true we should head to Japan and draft a sumu wrestler. Those guys can occupy blockers.

He'd be playing DE here just like Fairley. And last year Dareus played 3-4 DE at Alabama and had 34 total tackles and 4.5 sacks in 11 games. Fairley had 56 total tackles and 12 sacks in 13 games playing DT. Now I'm not saying stats are the whole story. But it's silly to say they don't matter. If Fairley was not a question mark for dirty play and work ethic you'd have to say he's the more talented player. That's not really a knock on Dareus but it's reality.

By the way I'm in favor of drafting Dareus. But someone compared him to Reggie White. Based on what?