PDA

View Full Version : Buddy on 97 Rock

methos4ever
04-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Buddy was just on and mentioned a few things I figured were interesting:

-Buddy is looking for at least 2 qbs from FA and the draft..."at least to get through camp"

-The host asked a very tricky question after Buddy re-affirmed they're behind Fitz. "What would be the best pick to help Ryan out tonight?"

Buddy responded, Help on defense, "so we can get off the field on third down" and let him work.

-Buddy also mentioned that once the league year starts, the Bills will be busy in the offseason to fill gaps that aren't filled in draft. Considering where the Bills are cap wise once it comes back, that makes sense. No sleeping in this year X! :phew:

-They concluded with asking him how much Modrak sounds like the voice of the Motel 6 commercials. Weird.

ddaryl
04-28-2011, 07:41 AM
-They concluded with asking him how much Modrak sounds like the voice of the Motel 6 commercials. Weird.

We'll leave the light on for ya....

that's pretty funny....

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Buddy was just on and mentioned a few things I figured were interesting:

-Buddy is looking for at least 2 qbs from FA and the draft..."at least to get through camp"

-The host asked a very tricky question after Buddy re-affirmed they're behind Fitz. "What would be the best pick to help Ryan out tonight?"

Buddy responded, Help on defense, "so we can get off the field on third down" and let him work.

-Buddy also mentioned that once the league year starts, the Bills will be busy in the offseason to fill gaps that aren't filled in draft. Considering where the Bills are cap wise once it comes back, that makes sense. No sleeping in this year X! :phew:

Makes perfect sense to me. The off. under Fitz could score - and this with a sometimes porous line (how different than under Trent!!!). The only thing the offense really needs is a good TE and RT. If we could grab Kyle Rudolph in the 2nd and an OT in FA, we could go the rest of the draft toward the D - although I'd look into better backup OL also in the lower rds considering how often our OL is injured. 1st pick - DE Dareus! 3rd/4th/5th rounds toward OLB/S/CB. The rest for depth and players that unexpectedly fall or possible sleepers.

k-oneputt
04-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Sounds like Brohm doesn't make it to camp. Fitz, draft pick, Brown, free agent.

X-Era
04-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Makes perfect sense to me. The off. under Fitz could score - and this with a sometimes porous line (how different than under Trent!!!). The only thing the offense really needs is a good TE and RT. If we could grab Kyle Rudolph in the 2nd and an OT in FA, we could go the rest of the draft toward the D - although I'd look into better backup OL also in the lower rds considering how often our OL is injured. 1st pick - DE Dareus! 3rd/4th/5th rounds toward OLB/S/CB. The rest for depth and players that unexpectedly fall or possible sleepers.Sound slike a leading question. And I'd like to see the question before we think they have no interest in a QB.

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Sound slike a leading question. And I'd like to see the question before we think they have no interest in a QB.

Yeah, I didn't address the QB issue and I probably should have. I think the FO is higher on drafting a QB than I am, but outside what we could get in the 1st 2 rds, I'm not really as high on anyone. I'd maybe give Jerrod Johnson a chance with a lower rd pick. Yeah, he was terrible last year, but I think maybe the surgery he had affected him a bit and he just needed more time to recover. I'd be willing to give him a chance.