PDA

View Full Version : Mock drafts

psubills62
04-28-2011, 09:27 AM
OK, so for those of you who have been around the boards a while, a couple years ago I mentioned that I was hoping to create an analytical tool that could help rate mock drafts and essentially see who is the best.

I still haven't made it, but in the continual hope that I will someday, I've been storing mock drafts each year.

I ask two things of you:
1) Please point me out to certain websites and people who you would like to see included in the rating. I'll save their mock draft and one day maybe I'll produce some numbers.

2) One of the mock drafters I'm hoping to get is Rick Gosselin - I know he's one of the best, but his total mock draft is reportedly behind a pay wall. If anyone else has access to it, I'd really appreciate if you could PM me at least a sampling of picks. I've been able to piece together 11 of his picks, but still need the rest.

I should have posted this before, as some people's mock drafts are hard to find after the draft, but I didn't have time until today to really collect them (plus, a lot of people wait until today to release their final versions).

Anyway, I'd appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks!

k-oneputt
04-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Gosselin has the Bills taking Dareus.

psubills62
04-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Gosselin has the Bills taking Dareus. I'm happy to hear that, given that he's one of the best mock drafters out there.

BTW, I'm now up to 17 of Gosselin's picks...I've got 1-10, 12-14, 19-21, and 25.

k-oneputt
04-28-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm happy to hear that, given that he's one of the best mock drafters out there.

BTW, I'm now up to 17 of Gosselin's picks...I've got 1-10, 12-14, 19-21, and 25.

Post 'em.

psubills62
04-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Post 'em.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cpseebald%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Rick Gosselin<o:p></o:p>
1. Cam Newton<o:p></o:p>
2. Von Miller<o:p></o:p>
3. Marcell Dareus
4. AJ Green
5. Patrick Peterson
6. Julio Jones
7. <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Blaine</st1:city></st1:place> Gabbert
8. Jake Locker
9. Tyron Smith
10. Christian Ponder
12. Andy Dalton
13. Nick Fairley
14. Mark Ingram
19. Nate Solder
20. Robert Quinn
21. Gabe Carimi
25. Prince Amukamara

From various blogs and websites dedicated to certain teams...this is what I've got so far.

DraftBoy
04-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Dallas Morning News moving his stuff behind a pay wall is bogus.

psubills62
04-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Dallas Morning News moving his stuff behind a pay wall is bogus. Agreed, DB.

So far, I've recorded the following people's mock drafts:
DB's
Todd McShay
Mel Kiper
Mike Mayock
draftcountdown.com
drafttek.com
walterfootball.com (Walter)
walterfootball.com (Greg)
Rob Rang
Rich Cimini

First round only so far, though I may extend into the second round if I have time.

EDIT: forgot to add fftoolbox.com to the list

psubills62
04-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Never mind about #2, found his picks:

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2011/4/28/2138958/rick-gosselins-mock-draft-rams-pick-rb-mark-ingram

Notable: no Da'Quan Bowers at all in first round, or Muhammad Wilkerson. Amukamara falls to 25, JJ Watt at 26, Mark Ingram at 14 to Rams, 5 QB's in top 12.

I would be pissed if NE ended up with Cam Jordan at 17.