X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wmoz11
    • Sep 2008

FSU Offensive Coord: "One word...Buffalo"

It's draft day, which means we are about to start hearing self-serving draft rumors at a fast and furious pace.

Adam Schefter passed along word that the Bills will give Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert a “long, hard look” at the No. 3 pick in the draft.

“I’ve been hearing buzz since last night,” said Schefter. “If Cam Newton was in play for the Bills, why wouldn’t Blaine Gabbert?”
    One person not buying Gabbert-to-Buffalo is Florida State offensive coordinator James Coley, who mysteriously tweeted this on Thursday morning: “One word . . . Buffalo.”
  • cpearl
    • Mar 2005

Re: FSU Offensive Coord: "One word...Buffalo"

It's no secret that the Bills scouts and Nix love Ponder.

Actually, I think he could be one of the best QBs to come out of this draft.

If we went Defense (Dareus, Miller, Peterson) in Round 1 and Ponder in Round 2, I'd be thrilled.

Comment

• wmoz11
      • Sep 2008

A Dareus or Miller pick at 3 followed by Ponder or Locker and I would be ecstatic.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Yeah, it hasn't exactly been a secret that the Bills are really interested in Ponder.

That being said, if Gosselin is right (he has Ponder to the Redskins at #10 in his mock draft), this could be another Tebow situation. That is, we know the Bills really like someone, but another team swoops in to grab said prospect before the Bills can. Which would be fine with me, especially if the Bills are thinking trade up to take him.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Schefter with pure speculation on Gabbert interest. Not saying its real, but his logic is atrocious. He knows better.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Wow, if Washington picks Ponder at #10 overall, will the football world cry, "Reach!" Or will everyone just figure Mike Shanahan knows what he's doing and predict offensive rookie of the year for the youngster?
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
              Wow, if Washington picks Ponder at #10 overall, will the football world cry, "Reach!" Or will everyone just figure Mike Shanahan knows what he's doing and predict offensive rookie of the year for the youngster?
              REACH!

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

maybe the FSU coordinator picked a terrible time to tweet that he's starting to look at the colorado Buffaloes game film and prepping to face that at some point next year??

I don't entirely get what his tweet even suggests. even if you are a GM of the team, you have no idea where any team is going to select a player in the second round. you have to get through the first round.

unless of course, the bills are taking ponder at 3. that will be a ****show indeed.

Comment

• wmoz11
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  maybe the FSU coordinator picked a terrible time to tweet that he's starting to look at the colorado Buffaloes game film and prepping to face that at some point next year??

I don't entirely get what his tweet even suggests. even if you are a GM of the team, you have no idea where any team is going to select a player in the second round. you have to get through the first round.

unless of course, the bills are taking ponder at 3. that will be a ****show indeed.
                  No doubt A LOT of things have to fall in to place for the Bills to target a guy at 34 and get him. Even moreso if they want to trade back into the 1st to get him.

I just thought it was interesting.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

definitely interesting. i just don't get what he is insinuating. Is he hoping that ponder goes there because chan and him worked well in senior bowl? is he saying that he knows the bills are taking him? it's pretty open-ended.

I am definitely getting excited for the bills to draft.

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

I just do not see Ponder or any other tier two QBs in round 2. this means a good defensive talent can fall to them in round 2.I am not saying Gabbert should get drafted by the Bills I am just saying if they do not go QB in round then I doubt they get one in round 2 since they will all be scooped up.

Comment

• cpearl
                        • Mar 2005

I don't think we should trade back for anyone.

Trading back is a HUGE risk. Denver got screwed with it last year. Look at teams that trade down (NE, Philly), they often get better by taking what comes to them and getting more picks.

For a team with this many needs, DO NOT trade up.

Comment

• ct bills fan
                          • Jul 2002

If you're a QB's position coach, why not try and drum up interest in your pupil, right? I rather have Locker - accuracy issues I know, but much more upside and tougher

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                            • Sep 2009

Yeah, I really don't want to move back into the 1st either. Trading down is alright with me but giving up picks with the holes on this team isn't my ideal scenario.

When you factor in the labor issues, unable to sign undrafted FAs, we need all the picks. Who wants to scramble last minute to try and scoop up UFAs along with veteran FAs?

Comment

• methos4ever
                              • Apr 2004

He could also refer to the fact he's in Buffalo recruiting Kelly's nephew today too...

Comment

Working...
                              X