PDA

View Full Version : shefter says Gabbert to bills heating up

X-Era
04-28-2011, 11:15 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/28/buffalo-quarterback-buzz-picks-up/

mrbojanglezs
04-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Got to go Dareus if he is there

psubills62
04-28-2011, 11:17 AM
(Sniff, sniff).

Is something on fire? Because I smell smoke.

trapezeus
04-28-2011, 11:20 AM
shefter is becoming a little bit like the NFL's version of eklund. The guy puts out so many options of what is possibly going to happen that eventually he gets to claim he's right.

I think he's missing on this. The bills know they can't get Trent Edwards squared in the draft.

psubills62
04-28-2011, 11:21 AM
shefter is becoming a little bit like the NFL's version of eklund. The guy puts out so many options of what is possibly going to happen that eventually he gets to claim he's right.

I think he's missing on this. The bills know they can't get Trent Edwards squared in the draft.
I stopped trusting Schefter on draft matters last year when he was absolutely certain the Eagles were trading up last year to get Earl Thomas. Last I checked, Earl Thomas wasn't on the Eagles.

I think Schefter is alright, but he's lost a lot of credibility, imo, since moving to ESPN. Doesn't get the scoops, and isn't right nearly as often. Especially when it comes to the draft.

ct bills fan
04-28-2011, 11:22 AM
I call BS - even the Bills are stupid enough to pass over Dareus. Are they?

theanswer74
04-28-2011, 11:24 AM
I dont trust Shefter because he has ties to Denver. Denver wants to trade out.

kingJofNYC
04-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Wild 24 hours.

This dude Gosselin has Ponder going to Washington in the 1st. Just crazy.

Philagape
04-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Wild 24 hours.

This dude Gosselin has Ponder going to Washington in the 1st. Just crazy.

And Dalton 12th overall!

Buckets
04-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Sounds like CYA to me. Shows that they don't know much more than the guys on BZ.

Raptor
04-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Sounds like the Bills trying to create a trade market. My guess is they have a similar grade on Dareus Watt and Jordan and they know they can move down pretty far and still get one of the 3 with the back up being a guy like Quinn

PTI
04-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Bills will take Gabbert. Hope they do. He will be starting by game 5.

THRILLHO
04-28-2011, 11:37 AM
If this is smoke (hoping it isnt!) and we are trying to bait someone to trade up, have we ever been this good about it?

Maybe I dont remember, but I dont recall the Jaroun era ever doing something like this. Either way, it gets us in the spot light and I like it.

BillsFanCupp38
04-28-2011, 11:44 AM
This would be extremely dissappointing. Why would we take the 2nd rated QB when we could get the 1st rated Linebacker or D lineman?

T-Long
04-28-2011, 11:46 AM
I am here now and I have heard two inside sources saying the exact same thing. No kidding. I'll believe it when I see it, but I just want to confirm what Schefter reported.

McBFLO
04-28-2011, 11:46 AM
If this is smoke (hoping it isnt!) and we are trying to bait someone to trade up, have we ever been this good about it?

Maybe I dont remember, but I dont recall the Jaroun era ever doing something like this. Either way, it gets us in the spot light and I like it.
That's what having the 3rd pick will get you.... for 1 day a year.

T-Long
04-28-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm not buying it. I really don't think they are going to move down either, but if they do, they are going to stay in the top 10 IMO. If they do trade out, they better come up with an additional second and a fourth at worst.

X-Era
04-28-2011, 11:56 AM
I am here now and I have heard two inside sources saying the exact same thing. No kidding. I'll believe it when I see it, but I just want to confirm what Schefter reported.Theres a ton of sense around it... if you look past this years most immedaite needs and also realize the depth at DL in this draft.

T-Long
04-28-2011, 12:00 PM
just heard Kiper and McShay have jumped on the Dareus to Buffalo train

X-Era
04-28-2011, 12:00 PM
just heard Kiper and McShay have jumped on the Dareus to Buffalo trainIt's a two horse race as I said this morning... I think it's Dareus or Gabbert and I would be happy with either.

T-Long
04-28-2011, 12:02 PM
I think it's a 2 way race with Dareus and Peterson

alohabillsfan
04-28-2011, 12:03 PM
No team that wants a certain player is ever going to broadcast it on draft day. God, you guys are gullible. You cannot even get close to a war-room in any city. The only reason for a team to "leak" player interest would be to encourage someone to trade in front to get that player. The Bills clearly want someone to jump Buffalo for Gabbert so Buffalo can get Dareus.

X-Era
04-28-2011, 12:04 PM
No team that wants a certain player is ever going to broadcast it on draft day. God, you guys are gullible. You cannot even get close to a war-room in any city. The only reason for a team to "leak" player interest would be to encourage someone to trade in front to get that player. The Bills clearly want someone to jump Buffalo for Gabbert so Buffalo can get Dareus.Easy... It's not like many here didn't predict Spiller before we took him... and there was plenty of talk about him before the pick as well.

alohabillsfan
04-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Easy... It's not like many here didn't predict Spiller before we took him... and there was plenty of talk about him before the pick as well.

Lets see Gabbert to Bills heating up.
Buffalo really likes Von Miller
Peterson could be a Bill
and so on and so on.... Keep them there fingers crossed....

X-Era
04-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Lets see Gabbert to Bills heating up.
Buffalo really likes Von Miller
Peterson could be a Bill
and so on and so on.... Keep them there fingers crossed....Mine are "crossed" for 3 players: Gabbert, Dareus, Miller... and I won't be pissed at Green, Peterson, or Newton

Ebenezer
04-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Somebody please keep track of all of "Shefter says" and see how often he is wrong or changes his story. the man masturbates in public 50 times a day.

alohabillsfan
04-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Somebody please keep track of all of "Shefter says" and see how often he is wrong or changes his story. the man masturbates in public 50 times a day.

I know the guy is such a turd. He really "grinds my gears"! I will watch the other channel

Figster
04-28-2011, 12:34 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/28/buffalo-quarterback-buzz-picks-up/

Sounding more and more like Gabbert to Buffalo...

:gobills:

trapezeus
04-28-2011, 01:09 PM

the difference is that the jauron years was full of FO people believing they were one or two players away. so they just looked at those positions of need. As a result, they had pretty much said all under performing areas were safe.

The 2010 bills showed us that our entire defense needs help and there are positions on offense that needs help. the bills seriously could take anyone but a CB/punt returner or RB and it will help.

other teams have to buy that we might just take their guy. they are high on that player, why wouldn't we be?

SABURZFAN
04-28-2011, 03:35 PM
i hope Shefter is wrong.

Commissioner
04-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Since Schefter said Gabbert to Bills is heating up.... it seems to have hit sub zero.

Ebenezer
04-28-2011, 11:00 PM
:goodpost:

Ickybaluky
04-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Since Schefter said Gabbert to Bills is heating up.... it seems to have hit sub zero.

Nix said if Dareus wasn't on the board, the Bills "very likely" would have considered taking Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert rather than another defensive player such as Texas A&M outside linebacker Von Miller.

LINK (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/28429/buffalo-thrilled-denver-passed-on-dareus)

Seems like Schefter was right on the money, but Dareus making it to #3 trumped Gabbert.

alohabillsfan
04-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Thank you Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!