PDA

View Full Version : My Grill Is Going To Fly Off My Balcony

patmoran2006
04-28-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm hearing big-time from Orchard Park today that the Bills are going to pass over Marcell Dareus and select Patrick Peterson instead.

If I'm wrong, I will take a million flames on here. ."You're an idiot" the worst you can possibly come up with, and I'll have the biggest smile in the world on my face.

God, I hope that's smokescreen info..... You're the worst run defense in the NFL, have the worst front seven in the NFL, have a chance to get the top DL in the draft, and your remedy is a cornerback with the highest pick you've had since Bruce Smith?

Don't bother with the Darrelle REvis comparisons. If Revis was in Buffalo, there wouldn't be a Revis Island. .If there were, you could book an entire vacation on Revis Island if he played behind this front seven.

I WANT TO BE WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!

camelcowboy
04-28-2011, 11:48 AM
I will hate that a little less than gabbert I guess

Philagape
04-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Peterson to Bills heating up ... Gabbert to Bills heating up ... whatever.

Draft reporters are like ants that swarm the scraps thrown away by the teams. They so own you.

psubills62
04-28-2011, 11:51 AM
The only day-of-the-draft info that I've heard become reality was Tyson Jackson to Kansas City at #3 overall. Combining this with the Gabbert rumors, I have to think the Bills are just throwing out smokescreens. Please, please let it be a smokescreen.

Philagape
04-28-2011, 11:53 AM
With multiple players being leaked now, they must be trying to get a team to trade up. They're playing the press like a fiddle.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Yet just 3 hours ago it was Gabbert, I think it's official, no one knows whats going on.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-28-2011, 11:55 AM
With multiple players being leaked now, they must be trying to get a team to trade up. They're playing the press like a fiddle.

I seriously believe this, I don't know who they want but there doing it for a reason.

alohabillsfan
04-28-2011, 11:56 AM

Exactly, and all the media swoops in and has to report it... LMAO

X-Era
04-28-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm hearing big-time from Orchard Park today that the Bills are going to pass over Marcell Dareus and select Patrick Peterson instead.

If I'm wrong, I will take a million flames on here. ."You're an idiot" the worst you can possibly come up with, and I'll have the biggest smile in the world on my face.

God, I hope that's smokescreen info..... You're the worst run defense in the NFL, have the worst front seven in the NFL, have a chance to get the top DL in the draft, and your remedy is a cornerback with the highest pick you've had since Bruce Smith?

Don't bother with the Darrelle REvis comparisons. If Revis was in Buffalo, there wouldn't be a Revis Island. .If there were, you could book an entire vacation on Revis Island if he played behind this front seven.

I WANT TO BE WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!Shefter says Gabbert

Jan Reimers
If we take Peterson, I'm not going to quit being a Bills' fan. But I will take a few more steps back, and seriously start to consider other activities on Sunday afternoons in the fall.

ct bills fan
Dareus seems the obvious choice, yet haven't hear his name out of One Bills Drive, probably for a reason. Even the Bills couldn't screw up this one up, right?

sdbillsfan2
04-28-2011, 11:58 AM

I'm only concerned with going on in NYC today, but will add that if there is any truth to this ...the Bills may have found a partner to trade down with. JUST a gut reaction.

patmoran2006
04-28-2011, 11:59 AM
I agree with every "media being owned" comment you guys are all saying.. You're right. I don't disagree.

just telling you what I'm hearing.

psubills62
04-28-2011, 12:00 PM
This being smoke makes sense. There have been a number of rumors stating that Team X wants to trade up to get Peterson (49ers, Texans, etc.). Buffalo may be playing off of those, basically giving teams a reason to work a possible trade out with them instead of another team like Cleveland.

TacklingDummy
04-28-2011, 12:01 PM
I hope you are right for once. I hope the Bills pass on Dareus and take Green instead of Peterson though.

T-Long
NFL Network said the same thing last night, that it would be Peterson over Dareus due to the depth at DL in the draft. Gotta love this time of year!

mysticsoto

Yep. From what I hear 49ers want Peterson bad...we should generate a trade with them...

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2011, 12:03 PM
niver give up said dareus will be the pick or miller/newton whoever is there, they are trying to get teams to trade up...

Philagape
04-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Dareus seems the obvious choice, yet haven't hear his name out of One Bills Drive, probably for a reason.

That's what you want if you want Dareus.

THATHURMANATOR
04-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Isn't Peterson considered to be the top prospect in the draft possibly? It wouldn't be like we are reaching, more taking a position that isn't as high a need as another.

EDS
04-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Dareus seems the obvious choice, yet haven't hear his name out of One Bills Drive, probably for a reason. Even the Bills couldn't screw up this one up, right?

This is the Bills we are talking about. Remember Ngata/Whitner?

TacklingDummy
04-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Isn't Peterson considered to be the top prospect in the draft possibly? It wouldn't be like we are reaching, more taking a position that isn't as high a need as another.McGee is always injured, McFumbles is almost a bust, why isn't CB a high need?

BertSquirtgum
04-28-2011, 12:11 PM
the bills need a big slice of dareus at #3

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 12:12 PM
McGee is always injured, McFumbles is almost a bust, why isn't CB a high need?

B'cse last year we couldn't stop the run and a new CB - even a good one, still doesn't help stop the run!

Bill Cody
04-28-2011, 12:12 PM
just asking before you throw it: is it a nice grill?

bf1
04-28-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't have a balcony, but I plan to throw my grill somewhere.

kingJofNYC
04-28-2011, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't be outraged, most of the fanbase would be.

I'll be fine with any of Dareus/Miller/AJ/Peterson.

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 12:19 PM
I'd be extremely disappointed with Peterson - not b'cse he isn't a good player, but b'cse we won't be much better again this year!

superbills
04-28-2011, 12:20 PM
This is the Bills we are talking about. Remember Ngata/Whitner?

I think I hate you for bringing that up :mehmeh:

Commissioner
04-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Sounds like the Bills like to replace former 1st round picks with new 1st rounders. First Spiller to replace Lynch... now maybe Peterson to replace McKelvin or AJ Green to replace Evans.

We like to tread water...

Demon
04-28-2011, 12:26 PM
I feel like drafting Patrick Peterson will be a very unpopular decision, but in the long run, it may end up being the right one. In all seriousness, we are going to be drafting in almost the same spot next season. We must hit the jackpot this year on this draft and again next year. We are not a few guys away from being a solid team, we are a ton of guys away. By the time Trout and Carrington even develop in what will be every-down players, guys such as McGee will be gone.

Don't get me wrong, i want Dareus, but this is a very deep defensive line draft and we have guys there already. Peterson would be a solid pick by the Bills. But, Nix would get destroyed for it for a while.

patmoran2006
04-28-2011, 12:28 PM
I feel like drafting Patrick Peterson will be a very unpopular decision, but in the long run, it may end up being the right one. In all seriousness, we are going to be drafting in almost the same spot next season. We must hit the jackpot this year on this draft and again next year. We are not a few guys away from being a solid team, we are a ton of guys away. By the time Trout and Carrington even develop in what will be every-down players, guys such as McGee will be gone.

Don't get me wrong, i want Dareus, but this is a very deep defensive line draft and we have guys there already. Peterson would be a solid pick by the Bills. But, Nix would get destroyed for it for a while.

Fair point, though I still think its a huge mistake pick.

About your point regarding Nix. .You're right about that too. However, if I know one thing about Nix, its that he truly doesn't give a **** what anyone thinks.

Novacane
04-28-2011, 12:29 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about a draft day cookout at Pats place :sad:

THRILLHO
04-28-2011, 12:29 PM
This is why I love draft day!

I hope we get tied to Ingram in the second round later, thatd be wild.

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 12:32 PM

I don't view it that way. I view it as, in 2 yrs, he would have done nothing to seriously improve the team. Spiller was a luxury pick last year that didn't have an impact or make us better. FJ is still #1 and rightfully so. Between McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Corner, we have CB covered. If we are simply going to go with BPA and continually end up drafting a position we are already skilled at, then we will never improve as a team. Stopping the run is not going to change unless they do something about it!

patmoran2006
04-28-2011, 12:34 PM
1. I do have an annual draft party and we do PLENTY of shots, though Im supposed to be writing tonight (got someone else getting reaction and stuff from OBD)

2. I completely agree about media getting played with sources today, no doubt leaks happen purposely to throw other teams off and possibly create trade scenarios.

I refuse to believe what I hear myself sometimes.. I simply cannot fathom the Bills passing on Dareus for Peterson, just can't see it. Dareus is everything the Bills want up front.

mayotm
04-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Everybody settle down. There will be plenty of time to overreact to whatever the Bills do in about 7 hours.

patmoran2006
04-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Jay Glazer says Dareus to Bills at three.. I can breath now :)

ddaryl
04-28-2011, 12:43 PM
if you need a new grill your downstairs neighbor might be able to hook you up with a slightly dented model

Mahdi
04-28-2011, 12:51 PM
The only day-of-the-draft info that I've heard become reality was Tyson Jackson to Kansas City at #3 overall. Combining this with the Gabbert rumors, I have to think the Bills are just throwing out smokescreens. Please, please let it be a smokescreen.
I remember Donte Whitner was a draft day rumor, so was McKelvin.

Mahdi
04-28-2011, 12:53 PM
B'cse last year we couldn't stop the run and a new CB - even a good one, still doesn't help stop the run!
This point I disagree with. I think a true shutdown CB like Revis or Charles Woodson allows you to stack the box with more players since you don't need that extra safety over the top you can bring him down in the box and leave yer elite CB 1 on 1.

It is not a direct effect on stopping the run but it changes your scheme and the way you play defense.

psubills62
04-28-2011, 12:53 PM
I remember Donte Whitner was a draft day rumor, so was McKelvin.
I wasn't paying attention to the draft in 2006. I do recall McKelvin rumors, but those just said the Bills would choose him if he got by the Pats, and they were happening well before draft day, IIRC.

Mahdi
04-28-2011, 12:56 PM
I hope you are right for once. I hope the Bills pass on Dareus and take Green instead of Peterson though.
Green is definitely intriguing and although he would come into a crowded position, we know that Lee is ageing and never really became a dominant WR, Parrish is always injured, Johnson is looking good but you need two top WRs, Nelson is looking like a great slot guy. Easley is unknown. Jones is decent.

Green looks to me like he is going to be a beast from day one and having a gun slinger like Fitz throwing to him and Johnson would be exciting.

better days
04-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Isn't Peterson considered to be the top prospect in the draft possibly? It wouldn't be like we are reaching, more taking a position that isn't as high a need as another.

Even if there were a need at CB, DL trumps DB 10 times out of 10.

Mahdi
04-28-2011, 12:57 PM
I wasn't paying attention to the draft in 2006. I do recall McKelvin rumors, but those just said the Bills would choose him if he got by the Pats, and they were happening well before draft day, IIRC.
I remember being surprised by McKelvin.

Mahdi
04-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Even if there were a need at CB, DL trumps DB 10 times out of 10.
No, pass rusher trumps CB. Not DT.

That being said I would be satisfied with Dareus.

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 12:58 PM
This point I disagree with. I think a true shutdown CB like Revis or Charles Woodson allows you to stack the box with more players since you don't need that extra safety over the top you can bring him down in the box and leave yer elite CB 1 on 1.

It is not a direct effect on stopping the run but it changes your scheme and the way you play defense.

But our CBs weren't doing bad as it was last year. Why draft toward a position we have decent strength on? Draft to cover/fix a problem that we have. The front 7 didn't do a damn thing last year to rush a QB. Kyle and (surprisingly) Kelsay played their asses off last year, but 2 out of the D7 isn't enough. They need help!

psubills62
04-28-2011, 12:59 PM
I remember being surprised by McKelvin.
I seem to recall the rumors leading up to the draft being that we'd take McKelvin if he was there. Otherwise, we'd trade down with KC.

Mahdi
04-28-2011, 01:03 PM
But our CBs weren't doing bad as it was last year. Why draft toward a position we have decent strength on? Draft to cover/fix a problem that we have. The front 7 didn't do a damn thing last year to rush a QB. Kyle and (surprisingly) Kelsay played their asses off last year, but 2 out of the D7 isn't enough. They need help!
Look at our CB position... McGee (old and often injured, never was dominant), McKelvin (talented but inconsistent), Corner? Youboty? Florence is most likely not coming back.

Safety = no Whitner, Byrd slid a bit last year, only Wilson for depth. Scott is too slow.

DL we have Troup (was coming on towards the end), Carrington (same), Williams (PB), Edwards (was our best DL before getting injured).

trapezeus
04-28-2011, 01:03 PM
well, this is the first year that we really have no idea what the bills want to do. every possible option is out there. which is pretty much what you want as a team. you want people worrying that you'll take their guy.

Bill Cody
04-28-2011, 01:05 PM
But our CBs weren't doing bad as it was last year. Why draft toward a position we have decent strength on?

That is just crazy talk.

Signed,

CJ Spiller

Bill Cody
04-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Jay Glazer says Dareus to Bills at three.. I can breath now :)

Like Gay Gazer knows.

The Red Rocket
04-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Peterson this year, Luck next year (if there's a draft)...

trapezeus
04-28-2011, 01:13 PM
what offensive coordinator on 31 other teams would look at the bills defense adn think, "PASS FIRST!"

none. that's the correct answer. as we've seen in the 2010 year, people run on us. and they run well. and they run into the 3rd quarter. and they pick up 3rd down conversions by running.

until you stop the run (the most basic play to execute), no one has to worry about passing on us.

passing involves a lot more execution. even if we are absolutely terrible in coverage, if we can get pressure, that helps our weak secondary. but a strong secondary won't help a bad front 7.

I would just turn my tv off if peterson is the pick. and i'd definitely not put my 1-125 odds bet that the bills win the superbowl when i'm in vegas.

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Look at our CB position... McGee (old and often injured, never was dominant), McKelvin (talented but inconsistent), Corner? Youboty? Florence is most likely not coming back.

Safety = no Whitner, Byrd slid a bit last year, only Wilson for depth. Scott is too slow.

DL we have Troup (was coming on towards the end), Carrington (same), Williams (PB), Edwards (was our best DL before getting injured).

I'm sorry Mahdi, but I don't know any coach that says, "God damn...we have a serious run control problem...I'm going to draft me a top CB and just drop everyone closer to the line and hope that takes care of it."

If you haven't been able to stop the run, you draft someone up front to stop it. There's really nothing complicated about that.

It's easier to find decent corners in lower rds than it is to find a top DE that can make a difference.

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Dareus or Miller are the only 2 picks I will find acceptable.

Newton and Gabbert are the equivalent of the average looking girl who hangs out with a bunch of ugly girls and they become "hot" by extension. How low do Gabbert and Newton go if Andrew Luck had entered the draft?

Peterson is a fine prospect to be sure... But I honestly don't think the Bilsl are in nearly as bad a shape at CB as you might think. I think the biggest issue is by FAR the front 7 and their lack of ability to stop the run and/or rush the QB.

Evans and Johnson are fine at WR if they get a better veteran QB. (Palmer for a mid round pick?)

Dareus/Miller.

I also don't care who deep this draft is on the DL. If you have a chyance for either of the the clear cut top DL/LB's in this draft, you take it.

trapezeus
04-28-2011, 01:17 PM

problem in sending up the safety is that a smaller guy is a big run support guy. That's how you get injuries. If you have a stout front seven, the secondary isn't making as many primary tackles.

i don't think high priced CBs are worth it. i think if you have a dominant front 7, any average CB can provide enough coverage for 2-4 seconds that makes a QB who is rattled and throwing off his back foot, not make the throws.

vice versa is not true. when you ahve qb sitting there all day, i don't see CB's excelling at coverage of an NFL wideout for 4-6 seconds.

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Knowing the Bills they wll pull a Nick Fairley or Prince Amukamara over all the mentioned players.

stuckincincy
04-28-2011, 01:23 PM

I'd like Dareus, but I don't think he gets past DEN. I think of him like I do all that can play the interior...delay so that my lbs can take action. From what I've seen, he can do that.

We hear it year in and year out - this or that CB slapped with a (high-priced) franchise tag, then they move on, and everybody moans.

I agree with you about the defensive line depth.

McGee's in the twilight of his career. There's nothing written in stone that says Peterson can't do FS duty if the Bflo. cbs are deemed adequate. And 5-back defense sets are very common these days.

I'd grab him in a minute if Dareus is gone.

better days
04-28-2011, 01:24 PM
No, pass rusher trumps CB. Not DT.

That being said I would be satisfied with Dareus.

No DL trumps DB. The run has to be stopped before you even worry about the pass. Also, a DB can only cover half the field no matter how good he is.

A DL can be involved on every play the defense is on the field while a DB will be involved in only 10-12 plays per game.

patmoran2006
04-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Rick Gosselin mocks Dareus to Buffalo today. . That makes me smile.

mikemac2001
04-28-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm sorry Mahdi, but I don't know any coach that says, "God damn...we have a serious run control problem...I'm going to draft me a top CB and just drop everyone closer to the line and hope that takes care of it."

If you haven't been able to stop the run, you draft someone up front to stop it. There's really nothing complicated about that.

It's easier to find decent corners in lower rds than it is to find a top DE that can make a difference.

When you have an Elite CB you can say this man doesn't need over the top support so instead of having 2 safeties covering deep you can bring one in the box

which in effect gives you more of an advantage to stop the run.......dareus or peterson i would be happy with either.

just like a good Run D improves the Secondary since they can drop more pack (as well as pass rush)

evol4276
04-28-2011, 01:43 PM
lol i dont see dareus gettng past denver. as most of us dont. i dont see him getting past the 1st pick, in all reality, so in that scenario Pat, we wouldn't have the chance to pass on him. I do agree with not picking CB there (i personally do not want Gabbert or Newton here, either).

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 01:53 PM
When you have an Elite CB you can say this man doesn't need over the top support so instead of having 2 safeties covering deep you can bring one in the box

which in effect gives you more of an advantage to stop the run.......dareus or peterson i would be happy with either.

just like a good Run D improves the Secondary since they can drop more pack (as well as pass rush)
Have you seen Whitner covering the run? A good safety doesn't get pancaked by a RB...

And Whitner in the box just means the RB might only get 5 yds as he gets into the secondary. A good DL puts the stop on the run @the line of scrimmage or before!!!

DraftBoy
04-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Pat Im about to kick you.

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 02:13 PM
And all this talk about Peterson...Peterson has been quoted as saying his dream would be to play for the Cowboys. I don't want him in Buffalo just waiting for his contract to expire so he can go play for them...

mikemac2001
04-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Have you seen Whitner covering the run? A good safety doesn't get pancaked by a RB...

And Whitner in the box just means the RB might only get 5 yds as he gets into the secondary. A good DL puts the stop on the run @the line of scrimmage or before!!!

We also drafted two Dline last year and signed a FA DE

what have we done to our secondary?

and thats whitner's fault

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 02:15 PM
We also drafted two Dline last year and signed a FA DE

what have we done to our secondary?

and thats whitner's fault
Yeah, that's what happens when you switch Defenses...you need to change and bring in the appropriate personnel...don't forget we lost Stroud also.

mikemac2001
04-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Yeah, that's what happens when you switch Defenses...you need to change and bring in the appropriate personnel...don't forget we lost Stroud also.

Stroud what did he do this year....we lost him the year before when we switched to 3-4

we also drafted LB's but we really havent touched the secondary

peterson is not a mcgee he is not a mckelvin

he is a CB you can put out VS any WR at any height or speed and say hes got him

do you remember sidney rice leaping over 3 of our midgets at CB?

HopefulBillsFan
04-28-2011, 02:24 PM
And all this talk about Peterson...Peterson has been quoted as saying his dream would be to play for the Cowboys. I don't want him in Buffalo just waiting for his contract to expire so he can go play for them...

Dareus, Green, and Miller are all Bills fans?

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Stroud what did he do this year....we lost him the year before when we switched to 3-4

we also drafted LB's but we really havent touched the secondary

peterson is not a mcgee he is not a mckelvin

he is a CB you can put out VS any WR at any height or speed and say hes got him

do you remember sidney rice leaping over 3 of our midgets at CB?
All I know is Buffalo ranked 32nd in run yards allowed at 4.8 yds per run & #3 in Pass Defense. I do acknowledge, however, that the pass def is probably higher only b'cse the run def was so bad that teams didn't have to throw much.

Nevertheless, it is clear where our problems lie!

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Dareus, Green, and Miller are all Bills fans?

Don't know. But I haven't seen them publicly stating they'd like to be somewhere specific...

Lone Stranger
04-28-2011, 02:28 PM

I believe you've got something here.

mikemac2001
04-28-2011, 02:34 PM
All I know is Buffalo ranked 32nd in run yards allowed at 4.8 yds per run & #3 in Pass Defense. I do acknowledge, however, that the pass def is probably higher only b'cse the run def was so bad that teams didn't have to throw much.

Nevertheless, it is clear where our problems lie!

Yes Defense and we need playmakers on D

did you watch the super bowl and did you see what happened when woodson was injured, steelers finally were able to move the ball

i am not saying he is woodson but he has the ability

tampabay25690
04-28-2011, 02:36 PM
I heard this yesterday live report from Buffalo.
Bills are in luv with Peterson...

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Yes Defense and we need playmakers on D

did you watch the super bowl and did you see what happened when woodson was injured, steelers finally were able to move the ball

i am not saying he is woodson but he has the ability

What makes you think Dareus is not a playmaker on D?

mikemac2001
04-28-2011, 02:45 PM
What makes you think Dareus is not a playmaker on D?

i actually said i wanted dareus but if we draft peterson its not a big deal.

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 02:48 PM
i actually said i wanted dareus but if we draft peterson its not a big deal.

So why do you want Dareus over Peterson then?

mikemac2001
04-28-2011, 02:51 PM
So why do you want Dareus over Peterson then?

I want Dareus because i like to start in and move out

but drafting peterson is not a mistake. we can still get a big man in the 2nd

i think peterson is the best player but i feel dareus would help the team quicker (maybe not as much in the long run)

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 02:59 PM
I want Dareus because i like to start in and move out

but drafting peterson is not a mistake. we can still get a big man in the 2nd

i think peterson is the best player but i feel dareus would help the team quicker (maybe not as much in the long run)

Fair enough. I can live with that type of thinking...

My worst fear is that we draft Peterson and then a QB in the 2nd that will need to be groomed. In which case 2011 can be thrown away...

mikemac2001
04-28-2011, 03:05 PM

My worst fear is that we draft Peterson and then a QB in the 2nd that will need to be groomed. In which case 2011 can be thrown away...

Don't draft a QB Pretty simple

get this D setup extend fitz and draft a QB next year

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Don't draft a QB Pretty simple

get this D setup extend fitz and draft a QB next year

That's exactly how I feel too. Go QB in the 1st rd next year and probably get the 2nd best (Luck will likely be out of our reach) rather than reaching for a 4th, 5th or 6th best this year.

Demon
04-28-2011, 03:13 PM

You weren't expecting us to be good, did you ?

Mahdi
04-28-2011, 03:20 PM
No DL trumps DB. The run has to be stopped before you even worry about the pass. Also, a DB can only cover half the field no matter how good he is.

A DL can be involved on every play the defense is on the field while a DB will be involved in only 10-12 plays per game.
How many DTs are making over 10 mil a season? how many CBs?

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 03:23 PM
You weren't expecting us to be good, did you ?

If we can stop the run, I think we can be a decent team. WRs have begun to step up, we have outstanding RBs, Fitz is an order of magnitude better than Trent and showed he can score and we need our OL to stay healthy and offense needs more chances than the D gave them last year. If we pick up Dareus and he performs well alongside Kyle, Kelsay plays like he did last year and Merriman returns even close to his original form, if we could pick up another weapon such as Kyle Rudolph and depending what we do in FA...yeah, we could come close to being a playoff level team.

Mahdi
04-28-2011, 03:29 PM
There are many combinations of our first two picks that would make me very happy with this draft....

Dareus and Brooks Reed

Dareus and Dowling

Peterson and Brooks Reed

Peterson and Heyward or Wilkerson or Phil Taylor

AJ Green and any of the above

Newton and any of the above

Von Miller (my least favorite) and Heyward or Reed or Taylor or Dowling or Wilkerson

Honestly, there are a lot of ways we can go that would be very good for this team... Buffalo will have to do a lot wrong to mess up this draft.

Mahdi
04-28-2011, 03:30 PM
If we can stop the run, I think we can be a decent team. WRs have begun to step up, we have outstanding RBs, Fitz is an order of magnitude better than Trent and showed he can score and we need our OL to stay healthy and offense needs more chances than the D gave them last year. If we pick up Dareus and he performs well alongside Kyle, Kelsay plays like he did last year and Merriman returns even close to his original form, if we could pick up another weapon such as Kyle Rudolph and depending what we do in FA...yeah, we could come close to being a playoff level team.
Pass rush will be key if we are going to compete.

SABURZFAN
04-28-2011, 03:31 PM

as long as it isn't a QB, i'm ok with it.

Bill Cody
04-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Rick Gosselin mocks Dareus to Buffalo today.

No surprise there. Buffalo gets mocked all the time.

madness
04-28-2011, 04:11 PM
If Nix sticks to the plan and unless they go #1 and #2, Peterson or Green will be the pick.