• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Dear Buddy: Get Us A QB

Dear Buddy Nix,

I know that you have a lot of people telling you who to select in the NFL Draft this weekend. There are a lot of draft experts out there and everyone seems to have an opinion on who is the best player for the Buffalo Bills to take. I'll admit right away that I'm not a draft guru. I don't know a lot about the college players, except for what I read about in draft blogs and draft guides. But I do want to share my opinion on one position that I feel the Bills need to fill this weekend. Sure, the run defense is terrible and you need defensive linemen and linebackers. But the most important position is the quarterback position.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is not the answer. I know that he had 3,000 yards passing last season, along with throwing 23 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. But he had five games with a 52 percent completion rate or lower. He also had four games with a QB rating under 70. And don't forget about his last game against the Patriots where he completed only 18 out of 37 passes for 251 yards, threw three interceptions and lost two fumbles. That's not the way you want your quarterback to end the season. That game proved to me that Fitzpatrick can't win the big game against a division opponent and still is nothing more than a good backup. If Fitzpatrick is not the quarterback to get the Bills back to the promised land, then maybe you need to keep looking.

So basically it comes down to who you like. I'm not sure which quarterback I prefer...... CLICK FOR MORE:

• alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Dear Buddy: Get Us A QB

Ricky Stanzi at #3! Woo Hoo
    Buffalo shocking the world!

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
      Ricky Stanzi at #3! Woo Hoo
      Buffalo shocking the world!
      Hell, if none of the QBs are there at #2, I would consider Stanzi in the later rounds.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I would love Dareus and Ponder.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          I would love Dareus and Ponder.
          That would be awesome. I just hope that he slides out of the first round, so the Bills don't have to trade up for him.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Michael, why did you post this on your facebook page less than 45 minutes ago?

is getting excited about the possibility of Marcel Dareus coming to Buffalo. He's the one that I want the most!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ebenezer

is getting excited about the possibility of Marcel Dareus coming to Buffalo. He's the one that I want the most!
              YES
              "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Because it still applies. Did you read the article? I said that I want a QB in the draft, but would be happy with one in the 2nd round. I also wrote this article before it looked like Dareus would be available.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

I do like Blaine Gabbert and if you feel he's a franchise quarterback, then it would be worth taking him at No. 3. If you don't, then maybe the best thing to do is wait until the second round and draft someone like Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, Colin Kaepernick, Andy Dalton or even Ryan Mallett
                  Read it Eb!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Michael82
                    Read it Eb!
                    It appears you want a QB...qualified or not! LOL.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

It appears you want a QB...qualified or not! LOL.
                      Yeah I want a QB. But not necessarily in the 1st round. I wouldn't mind Gabbert, but I would love Dareus in the 1st and then draft Locker, Ponder, Kaepernick or even Dalton in the 2nd round.

Comment

• Commissioner
                        • Dec 2004

If Buffalo doesn't take a QB at #3... they aren't getting one this draft.
                        Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Commissioner
                          If Buffalo doesn't take a QB at #3... they aren't getting one this draft.
                          I disagree. I feel that they will either trade up for one or will pick one on day 2.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

If you want Gabbert, you may be able to move to 6 and still get him. SF will likely take him at 7 IMO. Bengals as saying no interest in a QB and rumors are flying that Cards move out of 5 for a team that wants Julio Jones or Patrick Peterson... That puts Gabbert at 6. The Browns may do it for Julio Jones or AJ Green who may not make it to 6.

Comment

• Commissioner
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Michael82
                              I disagree. I feel that they will either trade up for one or will pick one on day 2.
                              Any QB's left in the 2nd are not going to be an upgrade over Fitz.

Are any of the QB's left at the end of 2nd worth trading multiple picks for?
                              Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

Working...
                              X