X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

David Nelson is having a Q and A on his facebook account

You can ask him all kinds of questions and he's trying to reply to any of them. He's going to be doing this until the draft begins. I got several answered from him. I love Nelson. He's such a nice guy and a pretty good player too.

David Nelson, Florham Park, New Jersey. 7,205 likes. Official Fan Page of David Nelson. Follow David on Twitter: www.twitter.com/david
    Last edited by Michael82; 04-28-2011, 02:31 PM.
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: David Nelson is having a Q and A on his facebook account

Can you post some of the better q & a...for those at work that might not have access?

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Can you post some of the better q & a...for those at work that might not have access?
      Sure, I can do that...

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Q: Anthony Burris: Why did you decide to attend Florida, and what other schools were you thinking of attending
        A: David Nelson: I loved what coach Meyer was bringing to the team and it just felt right when I visited the campus. Others schools were ucla, notre dame, texas.

Q: Jonathan Hoepfinger: Mr Nelson, you played with Cam Newton Right? What is he like?
        A: David Nelson: Easy going, goofy, hard working, and a fierce competitor. He's a freak athlete who is always trying to win in any situation

Q: Anna Czarples: Which player do you think will have the best NFL career out of this draft?
        A: David Nelson: I like my boy Mike Pouncey. Nick fairly is a beast, mark ingram is a solid RB, and Julio jones is, in my opinion, the best wr in the draft

Q: Eric Holmberg: What do you think about possibly having a Seminole passing to you in a couple years?
        A: David Nelson: Ha, it wouldn't be ideal, but he's a great player so I think his playing ability trumps his Seminole ties

Q: Michael J. Thomas: Who do you think that the Bills will draft with the #3 overall pick tonight?
        A: David Nelson: I think Von miller will go #2, so that leaves us with fairleu or Darius, or gabbert

Q: Eric Clark: What do you think of the draft being spread out over Thurs/Fri/Sat as opposed to just on the weekend?
        A: David Nelson: Too long! As a player, it's an extremely stressful 3 days. We'd much rather combine it for 2 days
        Last edited by Michael82; 04-28-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Q: Anna Czarples: Are you personally planning to show up to OBD since Judge Nelson has ordered the NFL to stop the lock out?
          A: David Nelson: Yeah, it looks like we're allowed to workout there now so I actually might head that way this weekend.

Q: Brandon Schreihofer: You played with Janoris back in 2008, and we all know he's a great player. What do you think would be his best course of action for a long successful NFL career? JuCo like Cam or supplemental draft?
          A: David Nelson: I think he should follow through with his decision now. I would've supported him either way earlier on, but now that he decided to stay, I think he should go to a D2 school and enter the draft next year

Q: Raymond Smith: How did the Camp Fitz Idea come about?
          A: David Nelson: We all wanted to get together and throw so fitz decided to have us all come to his house and workout for a week

Q: Kip Doyle: How do you think this year's receiving corps will compare to last years? Where do you see Easley fitting in?
          A: David Nelson: We are working to be the BEST group in the league. Last year we were trying to find ourselves.. this year we know what we can do and we are going out there to dominate

Q: Anna Czarples: Are you excited to play Dallas this season, and who will your girlfriend be rooting for? lol
          A: David Nelson: I cant wait. I'm really excited for that game. Thats a good question though, I'd like to say me.. But i dont really know!
          Last edited by Michael82; 04-28-2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Q: Michael J. Thomas: What do you think of Marcus Easley? I loved what I saw of him in training camp and noticed that he worked out with you guys at Camp Fitz.
            A: David Nelson: He's 100% and ready to go

Q: Kip Doyle: Which Bills DB is most challenging to work against in practice?
            A: David Nelson: D Flo is always going full speed.

Q: Joseph Notartomas: Do you think Buffalo should take a shot at your former teammate Ahmad Black in the 3rd or 4th if he's still there?
            A: David Nelson: I think so. The guy got knocked because of his 40 time. My theory is, turn on the tape and see if the guy can play. Ahmad is a football player- no question about it. He WILL be a player in the NFL

Q: Jeff Meyer: with the bills first 2picks who do you want and who do you think the bills will take?
            A: David Nelson: I'd like to see us stack up so depth on defense. Von Miller would be a solid pick, but I also like Fairley

Q: Don Trautman: Growing up in dallas.....what made you decide to be a florida gator??
            A: David Nelson: Coach Meyer. I believed in him and what he was bringing to Florida
            Last edited by Michael82; 04-28-2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Q: Brandon Schreihofer: One last question! I've always heard that you're a big "possession" guy, but on tape you're really underrated with your downfield speed and shiftiness after the catch. What are some things you've done this off season to really round yourself out as one of those do-it-all receivers?
              A: David Nelson: Great question- I'm really working on my size and strength. Trying to become an "every down" WR instead of the "possession" guy. Getting bigger and stronger means I can take more hits throughout the season.

Q: Doc Riles: Peyton Manning or Ryan Fitzpatrick?
              A: David Nelson: Ryan. No question. All our WRs feel the same way

Q: Jeff Meyer: how do you feel when the talking heads say the bills bigest need is qb? i personally think fitzpatrick is very good
              A: David Nelson: I am a big Fitz fan. I don't want to draft another QB.

Q: Frank Clark: WHo are you hoping the Bills are able to get? and if they go QB, would you prefer Newton, Gabbert, Ponder, Dalton, or Mallett?
              A: David Nelson: Worked out with Dalton the other day, the kid is legit. He was a winner in college and has a good head on his shoulders. I like Dalton

Q: Frank Clark: Does Fitz get upset at the prospect of the Bills possibly drafting a QB, or is he okay with the idea of mentoring the new guy (should they draft a QB)...?
              A: David Nelson: I think he's ok with it. He is confident in himself and knows what he brings to this team. He knows we all have faith in him and we all want him out there

Q: Eric Holmberg: What was the biggest adjustment moving to Buffalo?
              A: David Nelson: By far the weather.. easily the weather

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Q: Eric Clark: Have you seen the new uniforms yet?
                A: David Nelson: I haven't.. I've seen the picture of the madden post, but I havent seen the actual uniforms yet

Q: Brent Thorman: How long do you think you will play with the Bills ? Cause I really really loved watching you and the other W.R.s play this year
                A: David Nelson: Thank you. I love the city of Buffalo and all the fans. I would love to be there long enough to bring a Super Bowl championship to the city

Q: Brian Alf: Who is the coolest/funniest Bills alumnus?
                A: David Nelson: I enjoy hanging with Thurman Thomas. He's always around and is always helping out

Q: Heather Bullock: what do you think of the Bills games in Toronto?
                A: David Nelson: We had fun with is last year. Toronto is a great city

Q: Kevin McDonnell: What is your favorite moment in your football career? Your favorite moment as a Bill?
                A: David Nelson: So far, Winning that first game against Detroit. The locker room afterward was so much fun

Q: Eric Holmberg: Who takes the next step to Pro-Bowl level this year like Kyle Williams and Stevie Johnson did last year?
                A: David Nelson: I hope everyone is- I know I sure am! That has to be your mindset every year. Work to be the best

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Q: Raymond Smith: Who is your Fav. Player in the NFL to watch?
                  A: David Nelson: I love watching Vick, A. Peterson, and Larry Fitzgerald

Q: Kevin King: Stevie Johnson....craziest story (family friendly of course) you can share about him from last year?
                  A: David Nelson: way to many to put on here

Q: Eric Clark: Is there a special reason you chose to wear #86?
                  A: David Nelson: It was given to me. I was born that year so I kept it haha

Q: Tyler Stewart: Mr. Nelson, last year it was freezing cold, and I was body painted with #86 on my chest. This year, do you think you could get me lower tickets so you can actually see me cheering for my favorite receiver!?
                  A: David Nelson: You got it.. Name the game and I'll get you front row seats

Q: Michael J. Thomas: Which defensive back do you love to practice against the most?
                  A: David Nelson: All our DBs great athletes. I love competing against D Flo and Leodis

Q: Bianco Costa: Who is the defensive player that when you see him coming you think "oh boy, this is gonna hurt tomorrow"?
                  A: David Nelson: Ed Reed

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Q: Kevin McDonnell: Unfortunately you didn't get the draft day experience you wanted last year, but did it motivate you at all that 32 teams passed on you 7+ times until the Bills signed you as a UDFA?
                    A: David Nelson: You have no idea! It motivated me like no other..

Q: Kyle Georger: Whats your favorite part about Buffalo, NY?
                    A: David Nelson: The fans. they are passionate about their team and it's a lot of fun playing in front of them

Q: Eric Holmberg: What do you think about Naaman (SJCI classs of '06) as an NFL WR?
                    A: David Nelson: Naaman is a smooth deceptively fast WR. He stepped up big for us at the end of the season

Q: Michael J. Thomas: What made you choose Buffalo after the draft? What other teams were trying to sign you?
                    A: David Nelson: Coach Gailey called me personally and formally offered me a FA contract. That meant a lot to have the head coach call me, so I decided to choose Buffalo

Q: Anna Czarples: Besides yourself, who is the hardest worker on offense? hardest worker on defense?
                    A: David Nelson: Great Question.. We have lots of hardworking Skills guys on offense.. and guys like POZ, G Wilson, Kelsay, K WIlliams and Arthur Moats work hard on defense

Q: Jim Scapelliti: Do you like lining up in the slot or would you prefer to be outside? I thought you were a great target across the middle last year
                    A: David Nelson: I dont mind playing either. I've played both and I know both really well. They are two different positions, but I feel comfortable playing both

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Good questions you posed Mikey. I bet everyone has forgotten Marcus Easley...I'm looking forward to seeing him develop!

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Good questions you posed Mikey. I bet everyone has forgotten Marcus Easley...I'm looking forward to seeing him develop!
                        Thanks! Yeah I really like Easley and think he'll surprise people this year. He was looking good in camp and is built like TO. I can't wait to see him on the field.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Michael82
                          Thanks! Yeah I really like Easley and think he'll surprise people this year. He was looking good in camp and is built like TO. I can't wait to see him on the field.
                          I'm sure that our wrs corps is one of the best in the league.
                          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Q: Terry Long: Hey David, I'm at the draft right now and there are plenty of rumors on where the Bills go with their pick. Any insight?
                            A: David Nelson: I'm hearing either gabbert, fairley, dareus, or miller

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Q: Brian Sandstrom: What is your favorite place to eat or go for a drink in Buffalo?
                              A: David Nelson: I love a small Italian place called Chefs

Q: Bill Zehnpfennig: Do you see your Role expanding this year, or do you see it possibly diminishing if the club drafts another rookie at your position?
                              A: David Nelson: In my opinion, that all depends on me. If I handle my business, and make plays- they will find ways to get me more involved. If I do not, they'll get rid of me!

Q: Michael J. Thomas: Have you ever been to a Sabres game? I heard that Fred Jackson was going to the playoff games. There's nothing like it, except maybe a Bills home playoff game.
                              A: David Nelson: I went to a few during the season. I wasn't able to make it to the playoffs unfortunately. But the games I attended were a lot of fun

Q: Michael J. Thomas: What was the difference between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Trent Edwards? Why did the team gel better with Fitz?
                              A: David Nelson: I think Fitz just fit better in this system

Q: Kalie Noelle: Do you think the Bills are going to try to draft Pouncey or Ahmad Black? We need more Gators on the team:)
                              A: David Nelson: I would love that!

Comment

Working...
                              X