PDA

View Full Version : NFL Scouts on Marcell Dareus:

baalworship
04-28-2011, 04:01 PM
If this doesn't get you excited you need to wake up!

MARCELL DAREUS labama 6-3 319 4.94 1
Third-year junior from Huffman, Ala. "He's a combination of play-making ability, athleticism and explosiveness," Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff said. "He's a top-five pick that will impact a team greatly from Day 1." His father, a Haitian immigrant, passed away when Dareus was 6. "He's a big wrecking ball inside," said Dominik. "One of those big bodies that knows how to get to the quarterback. He should be another one of those big, dominating D-tackles. Kind of like John Henderson, Marcus Stroud, Albert Haynesworth." Played up and down the line for coach Nick Saban. "He's the best 5-technique, the best 3-technique and the best nose tackle," one scout said. "Now you don't want him doing your taxes, but he's a hell of a football player." Started just 15 of 33 games, waiting his turn as is generally the case at Alabama. Finished with 70 tackles (20 for loss), 11 sacks and one "big" play. "He's a power player," said Polian. "Think Richard Seymour." When matched against Florida C Mike Pouncey, Dareus "kicked his (expletive) all day long," observed one scout. Added an AFC scout: "He's the safest and best player in the draft."

The last buffalo fan
04-28-2011, 04:04 PM
:pray:

Philagape
04-28-2011, 04:04 PM
What sealed the deal for me was that he's got a relentless motor and a hunger to learn the game. There's just no downside. He's the total package that can anchor a defense for a long time.

Mad Max
04-28-2011, 04:12 PM
If this doesn't get you excited you need to wake up!

MARCELL DAREUS labama 6-3 319 4.94 1
Third-year junior from Huffman, Ala. "He's a combination of play-making ability, athleticism and explosiveness," Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff said. "He's a top-five pick that will impact a team greatly from Day 1." His father, a Haitian immigrant, passed away when Dareus was 6. "He's a big wrecking ball inside," said Dominik. "One of those big bodies that knows how to get to the quarterback. He should be another one of those big, dominating D-tackles. Kind of like John Henderson, Marcus Stroud, Albert Haynesworth." Played up and down the line for coach Nick Saban. "He's the best 5-technique, the best 3-technique and the best nose tackle," one scout said. "Now you don't want him doing your taxes, but he's a hell of a football player." Started just 15 of 33 games, waiting his turn as is generally the case at Alabama. Finished with 70 tackles (20 for loss), 11 sacks and one "big" play. "He's a power player," said Polian. "Think Richard Seymour." When matched against Florida C Mike Pouncey, Dareus "kicked his (expletive) all day long," observed one scout. Added an AFC scout: "He's the safest and best player in the draft."

hahaha

Buffalo Thriller
04-28-2011, 04:46 PM
I would love for my fav alabama player to go to my fav nfl team.

ct bills fan
04-28-2011, 04:59 PM
i think if Cam and Miller go 1,2 it's an obvious pick. Reading an article on him, his positional coach at Alabama called him a "once every 20 year type of athlete." Now, I know coaches always boast but that's still impressive.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2011, 05:25 PM
next bruce smith, remeber bruce came into the nfl a little to big also, this guy at 290lbs would be unreal. jmo!

Mad Max
04-28-2011, 05:42 PM
next bruce smith, remeber bruce came into the nfl a little to big also, this guy at 290lbs would be unreal. jmo!

Yep the Next Bruce Smith...except for the fact that they are/was two entirely different types of players with different responsibilities.

Bruce had over 40 sacks at VTech.

elltrain22
04-28-2011, 05:45 PM
I just have this feeling that he's gonna be there for us, but we're gonna take someone else. Alls I gotta say is, they better prove me wrong. If we pull another Ngata, I'm gonna flip the **** out!!!! I want this dude on our team so ****ing bad!!!

hammerbillsfan
04-28-2011, 05:49 PM
bring him to Buffalo! :dance2:

evol4276
04-28-2011, 06:03 PM
doesn't get me excited, because we won't get him :(

baalworship
04-28-2011, 07:26 PM
doesn't get me excited, because we won't get him :(

You can celebrate now!

evol4276
04-28-2011, 08:04 PM
i will happily eat crow for my earlier comment. never in 1000 years did i think dareus would fall to us

Bert102176
04-28-2011, 08:22 PM
i think if Cam and Miller go 1,2 it's an obvious pick. Reading an article on him, his positional coach at Alabama called him a "once every 20 year type of athlete." Now, I know coaches always boast but that's still impressive.

good yes Bruce Smith good, NOT

MikeInRoch
04-28-2011, 08:45 PM
When matched against Florida C Mike Pouncey, Dareus "kicked his (expletive) all day long," observed one scout.

Considering who just drafted Pouncey, I'm a big fan of this.... :D

ublinkwescore
04-28-2011, 10:43 PM
good yes Bruce Smith good, NOT

because he's gonna be Marcel Dareus good - and that may be as good, but in a different way.

better days
04-28-2011, 11:52 PM
I just have this feeling that he's gonna be there for us, but we're gonna take someone else. Alls I gotta say is, they better prove me wrong. If we pull another Ngata, I'm gonna flip the **** out!!!! I want this dude on our team so ****ing bad!!!

I said in a different thread that people that have doubts about Nix should no longer have them. After the fact people are calling this an easy pick & it may be so, but there have been many posts by people that would take other players over Dareus & in the past the Bills may have been stupid enough to do so.

Thank God I did not have to throw up the wings & beer I had earlier when the Bills pick was announced.