PDA

View Full Version : NFL says teams can resume operations Friday morning

Michael82
04-28-2011, 05:26 PM
The NFL on Thursday notified its teams that they can resume operations, including most offseason activities, beginning Friday at 8 a.m. ET.
According to a statement issued by the league, team officials may immediately contact players to advise them about the hours the facilities will be open for use, schedule medical and rehabilitation sessions and set up meetings with coaches.

In the statement, the league said it notified all teams that it likely will address when the 2011 league year will start on Friday. That would encompass player transactions such as free-agent signings.

Several general managers and player agents told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that they are preparing for Monday (http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d81f8862b) to be the day transactions can begin.

The guidelines were released a few hours before the NFL draft, where teams were still allowed only to swap picks, not players.

The NFL said it was taking the steps as an appropriate response to the preliminary lockout injunction granted by U.S. District Judge Susan Richard Nelson. The NFL's request for a stay was denied Wednesday. The league is awaiting further guidance from the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in St. Louis, with which it has filed an appeal of the injunction and sought a stay.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f88dfe/article/nfl-says-teams-can-resume-operations-friday-morning?module=HP_headlines

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2011, 05:27 PM
get me rashad butler to back up d bell and probably some lb and dt help,

marcus spears and brandon siler! maybe a corner if florence isnt coming back

Michael82
04-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Sounds like tomorrow is going to be a big day at One Bills Drive. While Nix, Gailey, Ralph and Modrak are preparing for the 2nd and 3rd round...the players will be coming back to talk to Gailey and the assistants and also begin working out and conditioning. I kinda wish they waited until Monday for this. All the teams are going to be VERY busy with the draft and won't have the time to deal with this.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Sounds like tomorrow is going to be a big day at One Bills Drive. While Nix, Gailey, Ralph and Modrak are preparing for the 2nd and 3rd round...the players will be coming back to talk to Gailey and the assistants and also begin working out and conditioning. I kinda wish they waited until Monday for this. All the teams are going to be VERY busy with the draft and won't have the time to deal with this.

dude its not that hard, they already know who they want to target in fa and for the draft the board is set, all nix has to do is take the bpa... :rockout:

SquishDaFish
04-28-2011, 05:31 PM
FA prob wont start till Monday. Friday is just for the current players on the team

Michael82
04-28-2011, 05:31 PM
And there was also this article on NFL.com.....

The league issued a statement on post-injunction operations Thursday, saying it will distribute a notice to teams -- likely Friday -- about the timing for the commencement of the league year, free-agent signings and other customary player transactions (such as signings, trades of player contracts, terminations, tryouts, etc.).

Several top agents are advising their clients to prepare to truly hit the free-agent market Monday, which is when they expect the league year to open. If that happened, there likely would be undrafted rookie free agents hitting the market at the same time as veteran free agents. Many expect the league to implement rules from the 2010 season, though nothing is concrete at this time.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f8862b/article/agents-gms-preparing-as-if-league-year-could-start-monday?module=HP_headlines

Michael82
04-28-2011, 05:32 PM
FA prob wont start till Monday. Friday is just for the current players on the team
Yup, I saw that. Basically tomorrow will just unlock all the weight rooms and meeting rooms with the coaches and the players. I wonder what current players will show up tomorrow. You know Leodis will probably be back again....

ddaryl
04-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Is this good news ????

Can this get resolved for good in the short term ???

Michael82
04-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Is this good news ????

Can this get resolved for good in the short term ???
If the NFL loses their appeal, then yeah it sounds like the season will begin with last years rules. Now the question is, does the CBA get negotiated right away or does it just stay in the courts?

stuckincincy
04-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Drug tests !!!!

:D:

Michael82
04-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Drug tests !!!!

:D:
Lol! I bet a bunch of players get drug tested next week.