X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

This is what the Draft Should be Like

This is what the draft should be like, a celebration, a welcoming, an excitement. I am glad that FINALLY after, many years, the Bills select a great college player who should be the obvious pick. He is the obvious it player, great at his position, great need, etc....

Welcome to Buffalo MD
    Please Make Sense
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: This is what the Draft Should be Like

Anyone that had doubts about Nix should no longer have any.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by better days
      Meh.

The pick he made was pretty easy.

Let's see the 2nd and 3rd and all the other picks first.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
        Meh.

The pick he made was pretty easy.

Let's see the 2nd and 3rd and all the other picks first.
        You would think it is an easy pick, but remember back just a few years ago when the Bills passed on Ngata to pick Whitner. Or a couple years ago when the Bills passed on Orakpo to take Maybin.

The vast majority of Bills fans would have taken both Ngata & Orakpo over Whitner & Maybin but the Bills & their GM did not.

I have read a number of posts on this board that would have had the Bills pass on the "easy pick" to take Peterson, Green, or Gabbert.

Maybe the fact the Bills finally have a GOOD GM again after years of Crap in the front office just makes the pick look easy.

Comment

• Mike
          • Jan 2009

You would think it is an easy pick, but remember back just a few years ago when the Bills passed on Ngata to pick Whitner. Or a couple years ago when the Bills passed on Orakpo to take Maybin.

The vast majority of Bills fans would have taken both Ngata & Orakpo over Whitner & Maybin but the Bills & their GM did not.

I have read a number of posts on this board that would have had the Bills pass on the "easy pick" to take Peterson, Green, or Gabbert.

Maybe the fact the Bills finally have a GOOD GM again after years of Crap in the front office just makes the pick look easy.
          It was an easy pick. Just because we have missed the easy picks in the past does not make us geniousess now. Besides Spiller and Trout are yet to produce...
          Please Make Sense

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mike
            It was an easy pick. Just because we have missed the easy picks in the past does not make us geniousess now. Besides Spiller and Trout are yet to produce...

It only looks like an easy pick because a qualified person made it. That is what qualified competent people do, they make their job look easy.

Wait until next year, I really believe you will see Spiller & a number of others produce.

I never said Nix was a genius, I said people that have had doubts about him should no longer have them. I was implying that for the first time in many years, the Bills finally have someone competent as GM in charge of the Bills.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
              • Mar 2004

i will hold the celebration till after the draft...that said i do love this pick.

Comment

• Bangarang
                • Sep 2010

Let's not go overboard here. Our 2nd and 3rd picks are still very important so I'm waiting to see what he does there.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bangarang
                  Let's not go overboard here. Our 2nd and 3rd picks are still very important so I'm waiting to see what he does there.
                  Well, I can't wait to see what he does with all of the remaining picks the Bills have. I have total confidence Nix will draft more players that will help this team on day 2 & 3.

The 2nd & 3rd picks are important, but not nearly as important as the 3rd pick in the draft & IMO the 1st day of this draft could not have been any better.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                    • Oct 2002

It only looks like an easy pick because a qualified person made it. That is what qualified competent people do, they make their job look easy.

Wait until next year, I really believe you will see Spiller & a number of others produce.

I never said Nix was a genius, I said people that have had doubts about him should no longer have them. I was implying that for the first time in many years, the Bills finally have someone competent as GM in charge of the Bills.
                    While Nix and crew made the right choice with Dareus, I still want to see what he does with the rest of the draft before saying I trust the guy. JMO

Comment

• Demon
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mike
                      This is what the draft should be like, a celebration, a welcoming, an excitement. I am glad that FINALLY after, many years, the Bills select a great college player who should be the obvious pick. He is the obvious it player, great at his position, great need, etc....

Welcome to Buffalo MD
                      Agreed. I wish the first day was 2 rounds long though. One round isn't enough. Round 3 only interests the hardcore fans, but round 2 is still pretty big. I could go for another round tonight.
                      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Demon
                        Agreed. I wish the first day was 2 rounds long though. One round isn't enough. Round 3 only interests the hardcore fans, but round 2 is still pretty big. I could go for another round tonight.
                        Id rather see the Draft start on a Friday night, that being round 1 and 2, then Saturday being 3 and 4. Sunday would finish it up. That way its a fun weekend without being Draft overkill.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BADTHINGSMAN
                          Id rather see the Draft start on a Friday night, that being round 1 and 2, then Saturday being 3 and 4. Sunday would finish it up. That way its a fun weekend without being Draft overkill.
                          I miss the Saturday afternoon start. It used to work out nicely for all the people that met at their local sports bars for draft parties and we would watch it the whole day.

Comment

• CleveSteve
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Michael82
                            I miss the Saturday afternoon start. It used to work out nicely for all the people that met at their local sports bars for draft parties and we would watch it the whole day.
                            I agree 100%.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                              Will not tolerate vandalism.
                              • Apr 2006

The great thing about all of this is that the Bills are sitting at 34 and pretty much all the players who aren't O-linemen are still sitting there, waiting.

You have the top TE (Rudolph), every LB but Miller, the surprising drop of DaQuan Bowers, and the not quite as surprising drop of Ryan Mallett still on the board. There are a lot of directions this team could go to get players that will help them.

Comment

Working...
                              X