PDA

View Full Version : The Bills pick at 34 should be one of these two guys.....

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2011, 10:38 PM
LB Martez Wilson, Illinois or TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame.

Honorable Mention:

LB Justin Houston, Georgia

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2011, 10:39 PM
wilson is to stiff and not strong enough... jmo

i think they take bowers or brooks reed

mikemac2001
04-28-2011, 10:39 PM
**** TE

david nelson can fill that role.

Slim
04-28-2011, 10:40 PM
I'd add Ayers, Reed, Bruce Carter to that list.

SquishDaFish
My ranking in order... Bowers, Rudolph, Kaepernick then Mallet

hammerbillsfan
Bowers please!

YardRat
04-28-2011, 10:41 PM
I would throw Akeem Ayers into the mix.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-28-2011, 10:43 PM
its obvious that teams feel bowers is damaged goods so why should we take him?
he'll go to someone who only needs him for a couple years to get over the hump
wed need 5-7 years out of him til we compete for a title and by thien his knee would be pulp

JCBills
04-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Houston looks to be the best LOLB available. Gimme gimme.

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Bowers has a degenerative knee problem

Crisis
04-28-2011, 10:46 PM
rudolph please!

Michael82
04-28-2011, 10:47 PM
I'd be happy with Colin Kaepernick, Kyle Rudolph, Akeem Ayers, Martez Wilson, Brooks Reed or even Ryan Mallett.

DraftBoy
04-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Reed, Rudolph, or Houston please.

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2011, 10:48 PM
I hate saying Rudolph.

Michael82
04-28-2011, 10:50 PM
**** TE

david nelson can fill that role.
Nope. I'd rather see Marcus Easley fill that role. He's a ****ing beast!

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2011, 10:51 PM
brooks reed is the safe smart pick.

Mahdi
04-28-2011, 10:52 PM
LB Martez Wilson, Illinois or TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame.

Honorable Mention:

LB Justin Houston, Georgia
Don't want any of them.

I would say Reed, Bowers, Dowling, Marvin Austin (more DL depth), Greg Little, Aaron Williams.

I don't want a QB because I think at this point Fitzpatrick is better than anyone we can draft.

JCBills
04-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Not too sure how I feel about Ayers there, especially if the Pats don't take Houston. 11 Sacks in the PAC-10 vs. Houston's 19 in the SEC, and Houston's combine results are better in nearly every category. People were unsure Houston would make it out of the 1st, hopefully he's on their short list.

If he's gone, Reed. Keep building the D. ILB in 3rd or 4th.

Saratoga Slim
04-28-2011, 10:55 PM
If Rudolph could get through a full college season I'd be very on board.

Bowers seems bpa, but seems like a square peg for our preferred system

psubills62
04-28-2011, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't mind trading back. There's some guys I'd like, but no one I'd love, especially now that Sherrod is gone.

wmoz11
04-28-2011, 10:57 PM
There are so many players that I wouldn't mind getting that I think I'm in agreement with PSU. Maybe look to move back 3-5 picks. Unless, of course, there's someone that they've been waiting for in particular.

Oaf
04-28-2011, 10:59 PM
You serious? The kid hasn't played a down. Let's get Drew Haddad back here while we're at it.

I do agree, Nelson does alleviate the need (a bit)- he's able to work the middle.

JCBills
04-28-2011, 11:01 PM
I wouldn't mind trading back. There's some guys I'd like, but no one I'd love, especially now that Sherrod is gone.

After Houston and Reed the OLB talent drops off quite a bit. Both have the strength and nastiness to play on the strong side while providing some pass rushing ability. They're sitting in a great spot right now, first round talent is sitting there for the picking.

Michael82
04-28-2011, 11:03 PM
You serious? The kid hasn't played a down. Let's get Drew Haddad back here while we're at it.

I do agree, Nelson does alleviate the need (a bit)- he's able to work the middle.
Did you see the pic that Nelson posted of the players working out at Camp Fitz? Easley was there and was huge. He would probably make a good TE!

Michael82
04-28-2011, 11:04 PM
I'd definitely consider trading down a bit if they can get some more picks.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-28-2011, 11:09 PM
My ranking in order... Bowers, Rudolph, Kaepernick then Mallet

2nd that i would be fine with any of these guys

Mahdi
04-28-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm glad Sherrod is gone because for me he is a LT only and very similar to Bell as he is more of a finesse guy. Not really a RT candidate, it would be redundant.

I didn't like this OT class much anyways and I think a healthy Merriman will eat Solder for lunch.

Mike13
04-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Take Dalton.:whistle:

psubills62
04-28-2011, 11:15 PM
After Houston and Reed the OLB talent drops off quite a bit. Both have the strength and nastiness to play on the strong side while providing some pass rushing ability. They're sitting in a great spot right now, first round talent is sitting there for the picking. I wouldn't say they're first round talents. Reed is good, but not great and I could see Buffalo being one of the teams bumping Houston after his positive drug test at the combine.

camelcowboy
04-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Take Dalton.:whistle:just say no to gingers

wmoz11
04-28-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm slightly worried about the Bills taking a safety at 34. Any defensive position is a need, basically, but I don't want one there.

Also worried about NE auctioning off their pick in front of us to someone that they think will take a player we want.

jpdex12
04-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Not too sure how I feel about Ayers there, especially if the Pats don't take Houston. 11 Sacks in the PAC-10 vs. Houston's 19 in the SEC, and Houston's combine results are better in nearly every category. People were unsure Houston would make it out of the 1st, hopefully he's on their short list.

Love Houston but he got nailed on a drug test for pot at the combine.

mysticsoto
04-28-2011, 11:23 PM

Stop reading my mind!

BillsWin
04-28-2011, 11:23 PM
We have so many solid options there that I think there are quite a few ways we could go with the pick and still net a winner.

Danny Duberstein
04-28-2011, 11:36 PM
I don't think Chan values TE's all that much. I'd like Bowers, Ayers, Martez Wilson... even Aaron Williams.

We have some sick defensive options at #34.

I wouldn't mind Marcus Cannon either.

Demon
04-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Take Dalton.:whistle:

We already have a Ryan Fitzpatrick type QB...

Bangarang
04-28-2011, 11:39 PM
If Bowers is there at 34, I'd be very hesitant to take him. If he's being passed on by this many teams after being considered a potential 1st overall pick, I can't even imagine how bad teams feel about his knee.

Tatonka
04-28-2011, 11:54 PM
no way houston is the pick with the character issues.. if he is stupid enough to smoke weed right before the combine, we dont want him..

Michael82
04-29-2011, 02:11 AM
Wasn't Reed on Chan Gailey's team in the Senior Bowl? It makes sense for the Bills to take him. I remember Gailey talking him up during Senior Bowl week.

Michael82
04-29-2011, 02:13 AM
Hmmm, Andy Dalton was also on Gailey's team. :scratch:

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-29-2011, 04:26 AM
Bowers has a degenerative knee problem

Well, you are a Dr.

Historian
04-29-2011, 04:44 AM
I think they take Mallett and let him sit and learn.

jamze132
04-29-2011, 05:01 AM
I wouldn't be uber-pissed if we took Mallet or Dalton, but I think we could probably focus on QB next year. If we have the opportunity to get a starting LB, we can't pass it up.

clumping platelets
04-29-2011, 05:07 AM
Rudolph!!

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2011, 05:07 AM
Easley is a beast?

Based on what?

He has done nothing in his NFL career

elltrain22
04-29-2011, 05:16 AM
My top 3 are as follows....

1. Brooks Reed- reminds me alot of Clay Matthews (maybe its the hair). Fast, powerful, and hard worker

2. Kyle Rudolph- 6-6 te w/ great hands, great jumping, and every forgot how good he is b/c ND didn't really have anyone to throw him the ball last year

3. Justin Houston- kid is a solid playmaker, he just needs to be smarter about when and when not to smoke the reefer

4. Martez Wilson/Akeem Ayers- both would be fine w/ me, and I think OLB is where we'll go

no qb's for me. I think Dalton is just a younger Fitzy, Kaepernick is too risky w/ how raw a qb he is, and Mallett is an idiot who chokes time after time in big situaitons/games.

we're at a great spot to get another very good player!!

clumping platelets
04-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Rudolph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Historian
04-29-2011, 05:20 AM
Easley is a beast?

Based on what?

He has done nothing in his NFL career

I believe the Bills were very high on him.

I just worry about the injury bug.

mysticsoto
04-29-2011, 05:21 AM
My top 3 are as follows....

1. Brooks Reed- reminds me alot of Clay Matthews (maybe its the hair). Fast, powerful, and hard worker

2. Kyle Rudolph- 6-6 te w/ great hands, great jumping, and every forgot how good he is b/c ND didn't really have anyone to throw him the ball last year

3. Justin Houston- kid is a solid playmaker, he just needs to be smarter about when and when not to smoke the reefer

4. Martez Wilson/Akeem Ayers- both would be fine w/ me, and I think OLB is where we'll go

no qb's for me. I think Dalton is just a younger Fitzy, Kaepernick is too risky w/ how raw a qb he is, and Mallett is an idiot who chokes time after time in big situaitons/games.

we're at a great spot to get another very good player!!

I like your list, but sadly, with some of the comments Gailey has made about getting 2 qbs (one in the draft and one in FA), I think QB is high on his priority list and I think he will make a move here on them.

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2011, 05:25 AM
I believe the Bills were very high on him.

I just worry about the injury bug.
That concerns me.

Canadian'eh!
04-29-2011, 05:29 AM
Bowers has elite talent. The Bills checked out the knee. Unless it was completely trashed, I think they should gamble on him. They need game changers and gambling a 2nd on one isn't the end of the world.

mysticsoto
04-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Bowers has elite talent. The Bills checked out the knee. Unless it was completely trashed, I think they should gamble on him. They need game changers and gambling a 2nd on one isn't the end of the world.

This was on rotoworld yesterday:

NFL Network's Albert Breer has spoken with one team in the top half of the draft that has taken Da'Quan Bowers off its board completely.

The team's doctors failed Bowers, and Jay Glazer is reporting on NFL Network that Bowers does indeed have a "bone-on-bone" condition in his knee. Speculation around the league is that Bowers will be a "one-contract" player due to long-term concerns about the meniscus. The Bucs at 20 are a popular mock choice, though GM Mark Dominik has hinted that the Patriots are a team to watch. That may be optimistic at this point.

JCBills
04-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Love Houston but he got nailed on a drug test for pot at the combine.

Ok, so? Michael Phelps smokes weed, how's he doin?

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-29-2011, 05:40 AM
Bowers in the 1st is a gamble, now he is a steal. Didn't the Bills clear his health?

chernobylwraiths
04-29-2011, 05:50 AM
I like your list, but sadly, with some of the comments Gailey has made about getting 2 qbs (one in the draft and one in FA), I think QB is high on his priority list and I think he will make a move here on them.

In his press conference right after the Darieus pick, he said that he feels that the 2nd rounder is like a first rounder and we could get a starter. That doesn't sound like a QB.

TacklingDummy
04-29-2011, 05:52 AM
Keep building the defense. Bowers would be worth the gamble if it stays healthy.

Mallet or Kaepernick will be there in the 3rd.

alohabillsfan
04-29-2011, 06:04 AM
Stanzi in the 4th!

Keep Building the Defense

Take Bowers in the 2nd!

YardRat
04-29-2011, 06:07 AM
LBer, LBer, LBer...Maybe Rudolph. Anything else is unacceptable.

Just say no to QB.

Historian
04-29-2011, 06:11 AM
I would have no problem using the entire draft on defense.

None whatsoever.

mysticsoto
04-29-2011, 06:16 AM
Kyle is my 1st pick here. I mean, c'mon, what's better than seeing Rudolph light it up come snow time?

Note to Houston: Don't get excited - it's just a figure of speech.

Luisito23
04-29-2011, 06:22 AM
Bowers would be an excellent choice...We get 2 top 10 players on the side that needs the most help.

Novacane
04-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Agree with everyone that says take Bowers. I think teams passed on him because you can't afford to screw up your 1rst rounders. No one remembers if your second round picks bust. He is worth the gamble at this point.

Pinkerton Security
04-29-2011, 07:06 AM
I COULDNT believe that Bowers was still in the board...he led the nation in sacks, was ranked as a top 10 player by many draft pundits....i guess maybe he doesnt quite fit in with our 3-4 scheme but hes a very good player. I hope we pick him or Ayers.

ParanoidAndroid
04-29-2011, 07:07 AM
1. Martez Wilson
2. Justin Houston
3. Marvin Austin
4. Akeem Ayers
5. Kyle Rudolph

Bowers makes me nervous. Going from top 5 to out of the first round?

alohabillsfan
04-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Houston or Reed for me!

Philagape
04-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Agree with everyone that says take Bowers. I think teams passed on him because you can't afford to screw up your 1rst rounders. No one remembers if your second round picks bust. He is worth the gamble at this point.

I do, James Hardy

Philagape
04-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Linebacker please.

No to Bowers.

The Jokeman
04-29-2011, 07:52 AM

Houston failed a drug test at the combine, he's probably going to be around until Round 4 or 5 as a result. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-draft-prospects-justin-houston-christian-ballard-failed-Combine-drug-test-042611

stuckincincy
04-29-2011, 07:55 AM
I think they take Mallett and let him sit and learn.

Ryan Leaf, part two?

:sorry:

BUFF Bills
04-29-2011, 08:02 AM
BOWERS!!!

ghz in pittsburgh
04-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Ryan Leaf, part two?

:sorry:

Buddy Nix said, during the draft luncheon, about drafting QBs what I believe. He said to the extend of "let him sit to learn the game, and maybe become a little more hungry".

There are guys like Peyton Manning who had a good environment growing up and wants to be the best on his own. A lot other people needs to be pushed, particularly when money is aplenty for all needs. Ryan Leaf is such an example of a guy with entitlement to the extreme.

I don't know about Mallet so i have no idea what the Bills should do about him. But I like the idea of getting a talented AND competitive guy and sit him for a year or two.

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Did you see the pic that Nelson posted of the players working out at Camp Fitz? Easley was there and was huge. He would probably make a good TE!
Mike he is a WR... WTF are you talking about? Shawn Nelson is also worthless.

I want Bowers, Rudolf or Ayers

Don't want any of these bum QBs left. I don't see the point in it.

stuckincincy
04-29-2011, 08:25 AM
Buddy Nix said, during the draft luncheon, about drafting QBs what I believe. He said to the extend of "let him sit to learn the game, and maybe become a little more hungry".

There are guys like Peyton Manning who had a good environment growing up and wants to be the best on his own. A lot other people needs to be pushed, particularly when money is aplenty for all needs. Ryan Leaf is such an example of a guy with entitlement to the extreme.

I don't know about Mallet so i have no idea what the Bills should do about him. But I like the idea of getting a talented AND competitive guy and sit him for a year or two.

Here's some comment on him:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632241

Same source, commenting on Dalton:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1125961

k-oneputt
04-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Bowers.
You can keep his snaps down for now by rotaing him with Edwards/Carrington. Running downs and passing downs.
He has to much talent and upside not to take the chance. The knee may work out and you have another top-5 player who can rush the passer.
And as we know the only way you can slow down Brady is a pass rush.

Jeff1220
04-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Ok, so? Michael Phelps smokes weed, how's he doin?

The point isn't about how it might or might not affect his ability. It's that if he isn't bright enough to stop for the combine, he's pretty likely to get busted by random testing by the league. He's worthless if he isn't on the field because of suspensions.

mikemac2001
04-29-2011, 08:43 AM

No Marcus doesn't have the frame of a TE

David Nelson does and was already discussed being moved to TE

Hes big and has great chemistry with fitz why draft TE if we don't really use it in the offense plus we have Nelson > TE right now

Pinkerton Security
04-29-2011, 08:49 AM
No Marcus doesn't have the frame of a TE

David Nelson does and was already discussed being moved to TE

Hes big and has great chemistry with fitz why draft TE if we don't really use it in the offense plus we have Nelson > TE right now

I dont think Nelson is anywhere near big enough to play TE...hes tall but thin as a rail and could never block well enough. However, we seemed to play a lot of spread offenses last season and a TE isnt really needed in that scheme, and I think Nelson or any run-blocking TE can fill that role, so I dont see Rudolph as a priority...though I wouldnt be upset if we got him, hes very good.

I think we keep going with D, you can really find good TE's later in the rounds much easier than standout defensive players IMO.

mayotm
04-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Bowers.
You can keep his snaps down for now by rotaing him with Edwards/Carrington. Running downs and passing downs.
He has to much talent and upside not to take the chance. The knee may work out and you have another top-5 player who can rush the passer.
And as we know the only way you can slow down Brady is a pass ru******'s tempting, but ultimately, I don't think they will take the risk. I'm guessing his knee is much worse than what's been reported. That can be the only explanation of him dropping so far.

psubills62
04-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Bowers doesn't fit our D, and his condition is extremely worrisome. We have a chance to draft starters now, not just rotational guys. Also, it was reported that the Bills cleared him. Now whether that's true or just something that was leaked is a whole 'nother story.

I don't believe they'll draft Dalton or Mallett. Kaepernick might be a possibility, but I think they go LB here. They've looked at enough LB's that it's obvious it's a priority for them. I think Reed and Houston are the top guys right now.

SquishDaFish
04-29-2011, 09:03 AM
I have a strong feeling its Kaepernick but Bowers dropped so he might change their minds. I can see a LB though.

Captain gameboy
04-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Linebacker please.

No to Bowers.

Whatever it takes to get Kelsay off the field.

trapezeus
04-29-2011, 09:04 AM
my worry on bowers is that this was a DT/DE heavy draft, and he was passed on for people selecting that position. it wasn't just a matter of him missing in the first couple picks and then other teams didn't select that position.

a lotof teams had to have looked at him and willingly passed.

This is like hitting on 16. It's a big gamble, but maybe it gets you to 21, maybe you bust.

BillsFanCupp38
04-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Anyone for Casey Matthews? We need an ILB very badly and if he is anything like his brother we might have a legit Defense.

psubills62
04-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Anyone for Casey Matthews? We need an ILB very badly and if he is anything like his brother we might have a legit Defense.
Not in round 2. Maybe round 5 at the highest. Overvalued thanks to his brother.

wmoz11
04-29-2011, 09:24 AM
I have a horrible feeling it's going to be Ras-I Dowling (actually like him more than A. Williams) or someone random like that. Not that it would be the worst thing in the world, but I want:

Ayers, Rudolph, or Wilson, hopefully.

Bowers can play in the 3-4, but to me he's a 4-3 DE. I'd rather get a LB if we're going defense. Wouldn't complain getting a top-10 talent at 34, though.

Canadian'eh!
04-29-2011, 10:44 AM
For me it's LB all the way here.

#1 Bowers
#2 Ayers
#3 Reed
#4 Houston

Lets get the Pass rush fixed already.

Then QB in the 3rd with whoever is left from Kaepernik (sp?), Dalton, or even Mallett.

psubills62
04-29-2011, 10:50 AM
For me it's LB all the way here.

#1 Bowers
#2 Ayers
#3 Reed
#4 Houston

Lets get the Pass rush fixed already.

Then QB in the 3rd with whoever is left from Kaepernik (sp?), Dalton, or even Mallett.
We've got a number of options at LB, none that are really fantastic, but we really need one.

I don't consider Bowers a LB...I'd add Wilson to that list, though.

psubills62
04-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Anyone else think we might do what we always seem to do with the extra fourth rounder and combine it with our 3rd rounder to trade back up into the late 2nd?

mysticsoto
04-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Anyone else think we might do what we always seem to do with the extra fourth rounder and combine it with our 3rd rounder to trade back up into the late 2nd?

Depends on who's there that falls...

Bill Cody
04-29-2011, 11:28 AM
The QB that intrigues me that's left is Colin Kaepernick. He's a project but a great athlete and seems to be a winner. I don't think he'll still be on the board in the 3rd so if we're going to draft a QB it's him or nothing IMO. I don't want Mallett or Dalton. If we're going QB we could probably move back 5-6 spots and still nab Kaepernick but Washington is a possibility to take him at 41.

If we're going defense I would lean towards Akeem Ayers.