PDA

View Full Version : Luck really screwed up

don137
04-29-2011, 07:02 AM
If they are indeed going with the same rules as last year Luck cost himself tens of millions of dollars by staying in school. They will have a rookie salary cap next year.

One good thing about him staying in school is Newton would of been available for the Bills pick and they could of been tempted to take Newton. Much happier with Darius.

ddaryl
04-29-2011, 07:17 AM
maybe that's what makes Luck so special. It's not about the money with him

SquishDaFish
04-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Very true. He must not of wanted to play for Carolina LOL

Historian
04-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Very true. He must not of wanted to play for Carolina LOL

What's to become of poor Jimmy Clausen now???????

:cry:

stuckincincy
04-29-2011, 08:12 AM

He'll be performing in the Catskills borscht belt doing impressions of his look-alike - Jimmy Cagney.

:cp:

Miami_Vice
04-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Luck is legit. He didnt screw up at all. He'll absolutely be the number one pick next year. One of the best QB prospects to come along in a LONG time.

(I wouldnt mind if the Fins threw the season and went 0-16 just to get him haha)

SquishDaFish
04-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Luck is legit. He didnt screw up at all. He'll absolutely be the number one pick next year. One of the best QB prospects to come along in a LONG time.

(I wouldnt mind if the Fins threw the season and went 0-16 just to get him haha)

He screwed up money wise so yes in a way he SCREWED up. This is going to be the last year with a #1 overall getting 50+Million. There will be a cap next season

Miami_Vice
04-29-2011, 08:46 AM
ah gotcha. Yeah if you look at it that way I guess you could say he did screw up inregards to getting money.

trapezeus
04-29-2011, 08:49 AM
maybe the guys knows that he'll sign a smaller contract for less years on it and get a bigger pay day for a longer term because he has the skills to back it up.

in the short term, it was a terribel decision. in the long term, it may be a better move.

psubills62
04-29-2011, 08:56 AM
He obviously doesn't care. If he's truly a franchise QB, I'm sure he can handle making only about 6 million per year for 3-4 years before he gets paid 25+ million a year.

You guys sound like he's going to be destitute. At least Luck has things in perspective. He knows the success rate of RS Sophomore QB's who declare for the draft versus juniors and seniors. Smart kid and I respect him for his decision.

SquishDaFish
04-29-2011, 09:01 AM
He obviously doesn't care. If he's truly a franchise QB, I'm sure he can handle making only about 6 million per year for 3-4 years before he gets paid 25+ million a year.

You guys sound like he's going to be destitute. At least Luck has things in perspective. He knows the success rate of RS Sophomore QB's who declare for the draft versus juniors and seniors. Smart kid and I respect him for his decision.

With the way QBs dont make it in the NFL coming out of college he possibly could be throwing away a TON of money if he flops out.

psubills62
04-29-2011, 09:05 AM
With the way QBs dont make it in the NFL coming out of college he possibly could be throwing away a TON of money if he flops out.
Could be. He also could be smart enough to know how to save enough to retire on even if he makes just 2 million per year in his first contract.

I don't think the top salaries will decrease enough in the next CBA as much as fans think they will.

trapezeus
04-29-2011, 09:09 AM

and he's a rare student athlete who has a major in something that is actually useful. he's an architect major or something like that with a pretty high GPA coming out of a top rated school for academics. The guy is going to be ok. and if he makes a couple million before he settles into his career, he'll definitely be a leg up on everyone.

It's probably a quality of life decision.

Raptor
04-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Nah he's good...he'll be the highest played player in the league one day

don137
04-29-2011, 09:22 AM

I can respect the decision however if he gets injured next year or under the first contract than he will never come close to the pay day he could of had.

PTI
04-29-2011, 09:58 AM
If they are indeed going with the same rules as last year Luck cost himself tens of millions of dollars by staying in school. They will have a rookie salary cap next year.

One good thing about him staying in school is Newton would of been available for the Bills pick and they could of been tempted to take Newton. Much happier with Darius.
Some team would have traded into slot 2 or 3 to take Newton without a doubt, unless Bills wanted him at 3, someone would have jumped them at 2. I bet Jaguars would have.

PromoTheRobot
04-29-2011, 10:02 AM

Damn, the Bills should have drafted him at #9 last year! :lol:

PTR

psubills62
04-29-2011, 10:08 AM
I can respect the decision however if he gets injured next year or under the first contract than he will never come close to the pay day he could of had.
Bradford got injured and was still the #1 pick. And the odds of Luck having a severe injury that threatens his career are pretty dang small.

There's always a chance, but that's football. People are really overestimating the chances Luck gets a major injury that significantly hurts his draft stock or prospects in the NFL.

SquishDaFish
04-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Bradford got injured and was still the #1 pick. And the odds of Luck having a severe injury that threatens his career are pretty dang small.

There's always a chance, but that's football. People are really overestimating the chances Luck gets a major injury that significantly hurts his draft stock or prospects in the NFL.

What about if he gets that #1 deal next year which is far less than this year and then gets career ending injury? It can happen

psubills62
04-29-2011, 10:15 AM
What about if he gets that #1 deal next year which is far less than this year and then gets career ending injury? It can happen
It would still be more than enough money to retire on. And like I said...what exactly are the chances of a career ending injury? When was the last time a QB had one?

Buffalo Thriller
04-29-2011, 10:18 AM

One good thing about him staying in school is Newton would of been available for the Bills pick and they could of been tempted to take Newton. Much happier with Dareus.

Fixed it for you....