X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Luck really screwed up

If they are indeed going with the same rules as last year Luck cost himself tens of millions of dollars by staying in school. They will have a rookie salary cap next year.

One good thing about him staying in school is Newton would of been available for the Bills pick and they could of been tempted to take Newton. Much happier with Darius.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Luck really screwed up

maybe that's what makes Luck so special. It's not about the money with him

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

Very true. He must not of wanted to play for Carolina LOL

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by SquishDaFish
        Very true. He must not of wanted to play for Carolina LOL
        What's to become of poor Jimmy Clausen now???????

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Historian
          What's to become of poor Jimmy Clausen now???????

He'll be performing in the Catskills borscht belt doing impressions of his look-alike - Jimmy Cagney.

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Miami_Vice
            • Aug 2003

Luck is legit. He didnt screw up at all. He'll absolutely be the number one pick next year. One of the best QB prospects to come along in a LONG time.

(I wouldnt mind if the Fins threw the season and went 0-16 just to get him haha)

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Miami_Vice
              Luck is legit. He didnt screw up at all. He'll absolutely be the number one pick next year. One of the best QB prospects to come along in a LONG time.

(I wouldnt mind if the Fins threw the season and went 0-16 just to get him haha)
              He screwed up money wise so yes in a way he SCREWED up. This is going to be the last year with a #1 overall getting 50+Million. There will be a cap next season

Comment

• Miami_Vice
                • Aug 2003

ah gotcha. Yeah if you look at it that way I guess you could say he did screw up inregards to getting money.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

maybe the guys knows that he'll sign a smaller contract for less years on it and get a bigger pay day for a longer term because he has the skills to back it up.

in the short term, it was a terribel decision. in the long term, it may be a better move.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

He obviously doesn't care. If he's truly a franchise QB, I'm sure he can handle making only about 6 million per year for 3-4 years before he gets paid 25+ million a year.

You guys sound like he's going to be destitute. At least Luck has things in perspective. He knows the success rate of RS Sophomore QB's who declare for the draft versus juniors and seniors. Smart kid and I respect him for his decision.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
                      He obviously doesn't care. If he's truly a franchise QB, I'm sure he can handle making only about 6 million per year for 3-4 years before he gets paid 25+ million a year.

You guys sound like he's going to be destitute. At least Luck has things in perspective. He knows the success rate of RS Sophomore QB's who declare for the draft versus juniors and seniors. Smart kid and I respect him for his decision.
                      With the way QBs dont make it in the NFL coming out of college he possibly could be throwing away a TON of money if he flops out.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

With the way QBs dont make it in the NFL coming out of college he possibly could be throwing away a TON of money if he flops out.
                        Could be. He also could be smart enough to know how to save enough to retire on even if he makes just 2 million per year in his first contract.

I don't think the top salaries will decrease enough in the next CBA as much as fans think they will.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

and he's a rare student athlete who has a major in something that is actually useful. he's an architect major or something like that with a pretty high GPA coming out of a top rated school for academics. The guy is going to be ok. and if he makes a couple million before he settles into his career, he'll definitely be a leg up on everyone.

It's probably a quality of life decision.

Comment

• Raptor
                            • Jan 2009

Nah he's good...he'll be the highest played player in the league one day

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62

I can respect the decision however if he gets injured next year or under the first contract than he will never come close to the pay day he could of had.

Comment

Working...
                              X