PDA

View Full Version : Transcript of Nix & Gailey on Dareus

mysticsoto
04-29-2011, 07:39 AM
On how happy he is with the selection of Alabama DL Marcell Dareus:
Buddy Nix: Well, you know it’s like Christmas and opening the presents. We really liked this guy and everybody did. We had him really high from Day One. We really didn’t think he’d be there. Everybody says that, I know, every year. But we’re excited about having him.
On his scouting report of Marcell Dareus:
BN: I’ll let Chan tell you how we’re going to use him. But what we like about him is his size, speed and athletic ability. And on top of all of that is how hard he plays. He’s got a great motor, plays hard, tries to make a play every snap and we need that.
Chan Gailey: The great thing about Marcell is we saw him playing on the tight end, on the tackle, on the guard and on the center. He gives you a lot of versatility and we’ll play him at defensive end initially in our scheme. But I can see him lining up in a lot of different spots for us as time goes on. I think he is a forceful player. You can’t say that about every defensive player that comes along. There are a lot of people who make plays, but he is a force. He creates havoc on the offensive side and that was one of the things that we obviously liked about him.
On if Dareus fits into the 3-4/4-3 hybrid defensive scheme:
CG: He fits in every scheme. That’s the great thing about him. It didn’t matter who picked him or what defense you had, he fits in all of them. That’s the type of player he is.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Transcript-Nix--Gailey-on-Dareus/92533dcf-7241-4908-8efa-1b48fa666ab9

ublinkwescore
04-29-2011, 09:10 AM
"We have several needs, maybe not as many as people think, but we have several, and the player we'll take will be the one who we feel will best fill one of those needs".

I like that. take the BPA at a position of NEED. not just BPA.