04-29-2011, 08:21 AM
All not the top of their draft classes.

Please, no more.

The King
04-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Nix aint taking a QB at 34

The King
04-29-2011, 08:31 AM
There's not one QB left that can take the job away from Fitz. And a guy who cant start is a wasted pick in rounds 123

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2011, 08:32 AM
AMEN MATTHEW :bf1:

The King
04-29-2011, 08:36 AM
That being said we dont have anyone who can play outside of Fitzy

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Sign a veteran backup.

trapezeus
04-29-2011, 08:42 AM
well, losman was 1, edwards was 3 and brown was 7. Maybe drafting a qb in an odd round is hurting us.

i'm kind of intrigued by kaepernick. his knock is that he played in the pistol. And chan likes it. so his negative is actually something we can use to help get him up to game speed. people say he has cam's athleticism and a high drive to succeed. i kind of find that very hard to pass on.

Pride
04-29-2011, 08:51 AM
While I understand your point... your logic is silly.

Brady was taken in the 6th.... not the top of anybody's board.

The King
04-29-2011, 08:53 AM
While I understand your point... your logic is silly.

Brady was taken in the 6th.... not the top of anybody's board.

Right and how many times has that happened?

Historian
04-29-2011, 08:53 AM
The Bills Wall of Shame.

Well done, Bf1

PTI
04-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Give me a brake, Mallett is better than Fitz right now and has greater potential to a superior QB than Fitz ever has.

psubills62
04-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Give me a brake, Mallett is better than Fitz right now and has greater potential to a superior QB than Fitz ever has.
Right now? Uh, no.

acehole
04-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Dont lump brown in there...he still has potential for the bills.

All not the top of their draft classes.

Please, no more.

stuckincincy
04-29-2011, 10:46 AM

My Liege...what particular mountain has Your Highness ensconced himself atop today...with this latest spate of imperial proclamations?

:brace:

superbills
04-29-2011, 10:58 AM

This is a joke right? Ryan Mallett who has the agility of an aircraft carrier, has never played a down in the NFL, has numerous concerns about his character and intellect, is better than Fitz? Take off the blinders, man.

:1:

PTI
04-29-2011, 11:10 AM
This is a joke right? Ryan Mallett who has the agility of an aircraft carrier, has never played a down in the NFL, has numerous concerns about his character and intellect, is better than Fitz? Take off the blinders, man.

:1:

Minimal difference in career stats of Fitz, Losman, and Edwards. Fitz passes the eyeball and toughness test, but his results have not even met the likes of Losman or Edwards who have more 4th quarter comeback and last drives for wins that the un-clutch Fitz. Fitz is the ugly girl who puts on a ton of makeup and looks good and you take her out and your friends tell you she is hot and then you take her home to bang her and she turns you down without even a handy and just wants to go to bed, then takes her makup off and you are lying next to and ugly chick. I will puke if I have to watch him play more than 10 games next year.

The King
04-29-2011, 11:25 AM

No way. Mallett needs a giant slice of humble pie. He wont be ready to play until he bends over grabs his ankles and asks for a team to teach him.

The King
04-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Minimal difference in career stats of Fitz, Losman, and Edwards. Fitz passes the eyeball and toughness test, but his results have not even met the likes of Losman or Edwards who have more 4th quarter comeback and last drives for wins that the un-clutch Fitz. Fitz is the ugly girl who puts on a ton of makeup and looks good and you take her out and your friends tell you she is hot and then you take her home to bang her and she turns you down without even a handy and just wants to go to bed, then takes her makup off and you are lying next to and ugly chick. I will puke if I have to watch him play more than 10 games next year.

Me thinks this posts is stupitz.

Historian
This team is Fitzy's no matter how you slice it.

trapezeus
Give me a brake, Mallett has smoked more weed than Fitz right now and has greater potential to be a gigantic bust.

fixed

The King
04-29-2011, 11:28 AM
For 2011 it is... and its the right decision... too many hole elsewhere. To create a new one for a minimal upgrade is a waste.

PTI
04-29-2011, 11:41 AM
This team is Fitzy's no matter how you slice it.

This team was never and will never be Fitz's team, he just is not good enough to be that type of a player. Everyone here constantly says we would be better if the defense was better. True. Fitz will never be able to lead this team to big time wins. Keep in mind, 3 of the wins last year the Bills scored 17, 14, and 13 points, and won because of the defense when Fitz was average to below average and game managed in Jauron type wins. That is the truth. This will have to Wannstandt's team until we get a real QB.

trapezeus
04-29-2011, 11:48 AM
This team was never and will never be Fitz's team, he just is not good enough to be that type of a player. Everyone here constantly says we would be better if the defense was better. True. Fitz will never be able to lead this team to big time wins. Keep in mind, 3 of the wins last year the Bills scored 17, 14, and 13 points, and won because of the defense when Fitz was average to below average and game managed in Jauron type wins. That is the truth. This will have to Wannstandt's team until we get a real QB.

and there were a slew of games where the bills scored more than 24 and lost. and there more more of those games in mid season when the team was beginning to believe in itself.

fitz is the 2011 qb. i won't argue that he's a long term solution, but the defense getting shored up will make it easier to give a rookie qb the reigns and say, "run this easy offense while our defense does the dirty work" vs having both sides of the ball in tatters and asking the rookie to do something useful.

DrGraves
04-29-2011, 11:56 AM
all these ahole's on espn are saying kapernick or mallet to bills

PUKE

PTI
04-29-2011, 12:02 PM
and there were a slew of games where the bills scored more than 24 and lost. and there more more of those games in mid season when the team was beginning to believe in itself.

fitz is the 2011 qb. i won't argue that he's a long term solution, but the defense getting shored up will make it easier to give a rookie qb the reigns and say, "run this easy offense while our defense does the dirty work" vs having both sides of the ball in tatters and asking the rookie to do something useful.
Sorry, not a slew, that is a stretch, and close to a lie. Bills scored over 19 only 4 times total and were 1-3 in those games. They played from behind the whole game against the Pats and lost 38-30, never had a chance to win after the beginning of the 3rd quarter and Fitz threw 2 big picks. Bills were not winning that game. Against the Jags, the Bills defense gave the Bills an early lead we settled for two very short FGs, we could have put the game away early. Bills offense had early overthrows, and it was special teams and defense that put the offense in position early and the offense could not capitalize, it is undeniable, and the Bills were 3/11 on 3rd down. Fitz was average to below average this game even with 20/30 and 2 TD passes. TOP was 35-25 for Jacksonville, our offense could not keep the ball and let the defense get worn down. Sorry, not buying it. As for the Ravens game, that is only one we can talk about, but technically Fitz was outplayed because Flacco did not turn the ball over. Fitz had 4 TDs and 2 INTs, Flacco had 3 TDs no INTs, Bills defense stopped them on 2/11 on 3rd down, how did we not win? Turnovers bud.

Fitz is worse than you think in every conceivable way.

Know what you are saying before you say it and back it up like I just did.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Mallet should be the pick if we had a competent OL. He is the best QB in this draft.

ServoBillieves
04-29-2011, 12:56 PM

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/disc-brake3.jpg

justasportsfan
04-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Leaf , Russell, Young, LIenert were top of their class and Marino wasn't. In other words, it's not an exact science.

Philagape
04-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Just say no to Ryan Leaf, er, Mallett.

mayotm
04-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Just say no to Ryan Leaf, er, Mallett.I don't want Mallet or any QB at 34. That stated, after listening to Phil Simms talk about Mallet yesterday, I don't think he's another Leaf. Simms claimed that Mallet's character concerns are way overblown. He also stated that Mallet was a great leader and was the only other QB (besideds Newton) in the draft that he would take in the first round. In fact, he felt Mallet was one of the top 10 players in the draft. Obviously, just Simms' opinion, but I value his opinion more than a lot of the people who are bashing Mallet.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Mallet should be the pick!

doug45
04-29-2011, 01:38 PM
There's not one QB left that can take the job away from Fitz. And a guy who cant start is a wasted pick in rounds 123

You are right, we screwed up and missed the good QB's so to take another bench sitter would be a waste.

trapezeus
04-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Sorry, not a slew, that is a stretch, and close to a lie. Bills scored over 19 only 4 times total and were 1-3 in those games. They played from behind the whole game against the Pats and lost 38-30, never had a chance to win after the beginning of the 3rd quarter and Fitz threw 2 big picks. Bills were not winning that game. Against the Jags, the Bills defense gave the Bills an early lead we settled for two very short FGs, we could have put the game away early. Bills offense had early overthrows, and it was special teams and defense that put the offense in position early and the offense could not capitalize, it is undeniable, and the Bills were 3/11 on 3rd down. Fitz was average to below average this game even with 20/30 and 2 TD passes. TOP was 35-25 for Jacksonville, our offense could not keep the ball and let the defense get worn down. Sorry, not buying it. As for the Ravens game, that is only one we can talk about, but technically Fitz was outplayed because Flacco did not turn the ball over. Fitz had 4 TDs and 2 INTs, Flacco had 3 TDs no INTs, Bills defense stopped them on 2/11 on 3rd down, how did we not win? Turnovers bud.

Fitz is worse than you think in every conceivable way.

Know what you are saying before you say it and back it up like I just did.

Wow, can i get a vote for douche-iest response of the year?

You are trying to say that i think that he can win a superbowl. i'm not. i'm saying that with a defense that gets the team off the field, they can win the pitts game, the kc game, the chicago, the first miami game and the baltimore game.

there is zero balance on the team last year.

and then to request for a complete loser like mallet in the manner in which you talk about, it's like he's a sure thing. he (amongst the rest of them) are no sure thing at QB. Much like your favorite Fitz. So in my longer view plan of the team, i really don't care if the bills are 2-14 or 6-10. they are still a far way away from winning. this year needs to be about developing a real core. and if the QB pick isn't a core pick but a need pick. you are picking wrong.

So thanks for playing. Mallet will be J Russell's trainer in about 5 years.

PTI
04-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Wow, can i get a vote for douche-iest response of the year?

You are trying to say that i think that he can win a superbowl. i'm not. i'm saying that with a defense that gets the team off the field, they can win the pitts game, the kc game, the chicago, the first miami game and the baltimore game.

there is zero balance on the team last year.

and then to request for a complete loser like mallet in the manner in which you talk about, it's like he's a sure thing. he (amongst the rest of them) are no sure thing at QB. Much like your favorite Fitz. So in my longer view plan of the team, i really don't care if the bills are 2-14 or 6-10. they are still a far way away from winning. this year needs to be about developing a real core. and if the QB pick isn't a core pick but a need pick. you are picking wrong.

So thanks for playing. Mallet will be J Russell's trainer in about 5 years.

Your response has nothing to do with your claims that I responded to. You said there was a slew of games the Bills scored over 24, there was 4 of the 13 and the 3 we lost Fitz was outplayed by the opposing QB. No response to that, I see, just name calling, typical of people who really don't see big picture.

Or, perhaps we are saying the same thing? Bills stink. Thing is, even if the defense gets better, Fitz will not. Status quo there. You must get better at QB too.

trapezeus
04-29-2011, 04:00 PM
i'm not against getting a new QB, i don't think mallet is the guy.

i didn't remember the exacts on the scores of games and didn't bother to look it up. but i remember from the ravens game through the pitts game, we were in games. offensively i thought we did enough. the defense wasn't there. So i'll give it to you that your stats actually kind of shocked me. but i was also stunned that you felt it important to lecture me in the process.

I also just don't see the bills being a playoff team in 2011. i think that is setting us up for failure. as a result, i want the defense to get better, and then draft a QB.

if the team is hell bent on taking a QB, i think Kaepernick has less negatives than mallet and more upside.

PTI
04-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Bills season average of points scored was like 17.7 and like almost 20 with with as starter. That means you scored over your average 4 times out of 13 when he started with 2 big numbers skewing the average in the 49 scored and the 34 to the Ravens. It is not good to go below your average in scoring in 9 of 13 times. What is funny is they won 3 of those games where Bills scored below their season average in points. No consistency at all, and only a couple decent games on offense. Most good teams score above their average points scored more than not or it is pretty even with scoring above and below the average.