PDA

View Full Version : Poll shows that 90% of Panther Fans Did Not Want Cam Newton!

Mike
04-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Heard in on the Radio before the draft one of the spot stations polled panther fans via their website and 90% of Panther did not want Newton as their 1st pick....
....Now 54% of them are "Cool with it"
....I am glad that they took him, so we could not, and in turn got MD

Anyways, what do you think? Did the Panthers do the right thing? Will he be a good NFL starter?

Historian
04-29-2011, 11:55 AM
:::: picturing Clausen speed dialing the radio station ::::

FlyingDutchman
04-29-2011, 11:57 AM
I live in Charlotte and was at a bar next to the stadium last night as they let fans in. A lot of people came by the bar at some point. Id say the people who are happy are really for the most part just the Auburn fans which Charlotte has a lot of. A lot of my good friends who are Panther fans were pissed off and refusing to believe it was going to happen before it did....once they did, they kinda accepted it and were kinda at the point were they thought he was hell of a QB in college and could do some special stuff here...kinda a "we'll see" attitude. This city doesnt really know what to think about it..which I guess reflects in the polls

FlyingDutchman
04-29-2011, 11:58 AM
And Claussen was the first to show up at the stadium this morning so maybe it lit a fire

PromoTheRobot
04-29-2011, 11:59 AM
What are you supposed to think when you draft 2 QBs last year and draft another #1 overall?

PTR

Mike
04-29-2011, 12:04 PM
What are you supposed to think when you draft 2 QBs last year and draft another #1 overall?

Thats a good point
When the consensus is so large, that 90% are agaist a pick, I think that they see something in that person/pick that makes them want to go in a different direction. Now, 90% have been wrong before, hell at one point 90% thought the world was flat, however when you have consensus on that along with experts like Mayoc (sp?) who say that they have a "bad feeling" and that he does not pass the "gut" check, I would pass on him in the first round. I see he is talented, but you need far more than just talent to make it in the nfl.