X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cyberelex
    • Mar 2009

Carson Palmer

Hey I just read that the Bengals were trying to trade for the Packers 32nd overall pick to pick up the QB Dalton. What do you guys think about trying to trade one of our picks for Carson Palmer. Does anybody think he has anything left in the tank? Is it worth trading say 2nd for Palmer or would you rather go after one of these unproven QB's
  • CleveSteve
    • Apr 2011

Re: Carson Palmer

Can't trade players.

Comment

• Bangarang
      • Sep 2010

I'd rather us pass on our pick than give it to the Bengals for Palmer.

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

Hmmmm... how about we trade back, give them the 2nd we get out of that deal and plug holes with our two 3rds. Then we'd be in business....

Comment

• Prov401
          President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by cyberelex
          Hey I just read that the Bengals were trying to trade for the Packers 32nd overall pick to pick up the QB Dalton. What do you guys think about trying to trade one of our picks for Carson Palmer. Does anybody think he has anything left in the tank? Is it worth trading say 2nd for Palmer or would you rather go after one of these unproven QB's
          Fitz outplayed Palmer head to head last year.

Palmer is overrated.

Comment

• Zero
            Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by cyberelex

Even if we werent restricted from trading, I think giving up a 2nd for Palmer would be overpaying. He's been vocal about wanting out of Cincy so they have little leverage. A 3rd or 4th is far more reasonable IMHO

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

we're sticking with Fitz. Nix won't even try to trade for Palmer. Fitz is the starter, and we will bring in a QB to groom while also bringing in a FA QB as a backup.

Comment

• Mad Max
                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Don't Panic
                Hmmmm... how about we trade back, give them the 2nd we get out of that deal and plug holes with our two 3rds. Then we'd be in business....
                I'd be great if we could trick them into trading up with us 1 spot for an extra third lol.

Nix is wily enough to try and perpetrate that scam..get the Bills phones ringing as if other teams are looking to trade into our spot...

Comment

• PTI
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Prov401
                  Fitz outplayed Palmer head to head last year.

Palmer is overrated.
                  Not really. Did you watch that game? Bengals imploded. They gave up. They were up 31-7 at the half with Fitz throwing 2 INTs. In the 2nd half, Bengals had the guy that had those 2 INTs not play. They had 1 starting CB, both starting safeties, and the nickel injured. Only then did the Bills do anything. I have never seen guys more wide open, there were LBs covering WRs. Bengals almost put backup WRs to play defense that game. BTW, no one outplays anyone when there are two crap teams playing, but Fitz did not outplay Palmer.

This is not an endorsement for Palmer either.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Palmer threatened the Bengals saying he had 80 million in the bank. What happens as soon as the Bills go south? Does he take his bankroll and go home? Pass.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

the bengals have to be morons. dalton is not going before kaepernick and mallet. they are fine where they are.

Comment

• Mad Max
                        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        Palmer threatened the Bengals saying he had 80 million in the bank. What happens as soon as the Bills go south? Does he take his bankroll and go home? Pass.
                        This is all academic even if you look past the fact that player trades are not currently allowed, there's a reason Palmer wants out of Cincy. Cause they suck.

And now he's going to come to a team that has sucked as bad as the Bungles have for the last decade?

Makes no sense.

Even if all signs were green I wouldn't want him..I want a ,shiny, new, young, unbroken, untarnished QB that will lead us for 10 years. Not a guy that's 2 years from retirement.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by PTI
                          Not really. Did you watch that game? Bengals imploded. They gave up. They were up 31-7 at the half with Fitz throwing 2 INTs. In the 2nd half, Bengals had the guy that had those 2 INTs not play. They had 1 starting CB, both starting safeties, and the nickel injured. Only then did the Bills do anything. I have never seen guys more wide open, there were LBs covering WRs. Bengals almost put backup WRs to play defense that game. BTW, no one outplays anyone when there are two crap teams playing, but Fitz did not outplay Palmer.

This is not an endorsement for Palmer either.
                          Lets say you are correct about the Bengals defense in that game. Palmer still did not play well enough to beat a very bad Bills defense therefore Fitz outplayed Palmer.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

palmer also had a horrible season last year. stat-wise. and he had some studs to throw to. fitz had stevie johnson a guy who wasn't much of anything before for 3 years. and evans, a guy who isn't nearly as awesome as his reputation.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Palmer's out. He's accumulated $80M by his own words, sold his house in Cincinnati after "fans" tossed garbage on his property.

I've watched his entire career, struggling under one of the most predictable offensive schemes I've ever witnessed. He had that cheap-shot knee injury, then his elbow problem (he refused surgery) then a hand problem.

He's shot - an opinion I've held for the past several years. He chronically throws high - Laverneus Coles, who breezed in and out took a swipe and said "Carson likes tall receivers." He was right.

If you explore the stats, the B'gals hover in the basement regarding plays over 20 yards.

He's an extremely nice fellow who was fated to ply his career with a franchise owned by a greedy family of idiots. No doubt Paul Brown has been spinning in his grave for years and years.

I wish him the best in his retirement.
                              Last edited by stuckincincy; 04-29-2011, 04:15 PM.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X