PDA

View Full Version : How Is CB/S Not A Need for This Team

cpearl
04-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Did any of you watch this team last year? Our CBs were constantly beat, our SS couldn't cover anyone, McGee is always hurt and getting old, Florence is older and a FA, and McKelvin is inconsistent. Not only is CB a need, it is a huge need since we don't really have a good starter.

Williams is a stud. Great tackler. Now we wont have to bring in an extra SS to play run support.

DrGraves
04-29-2011, 05:29 PM
it is. Mcgee is retiring, Florence is gone, Whitner is also gone.

FlyingDutchman
04-29-2011, 05:38 PM
I understand a lot of people thought we'd go a different direction but this kid is really good. Hes capable of becoming a #1 lockdown corner. He has 4.4 speed and is physical. We might suck more at other positions but there is a lot of uncertainty with our secondary right now. This kid will start for us day 1.

Bangarang
04-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Patriots are geniuses at drafting but picked a CB. The Bills picked a CB right after the Pats did and we're morons. Did I miss anything?

ZacGriffi~82
04-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Patriots are geniuses at drafting but picked a CB. The Bills picked a CB right after the Pats did and we're morons. Did I miss anything?

Yes, yes you did.

OpIv37
04-29-2011, 05:55 PM

different teams, different needs.

I'm not saying the Bills pick is good or bad, but it can't be judged by the Patriots pick. That's just ridiculous.

X-Era
04-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Patriots are geniuses at drafting but picked a CB. The Bills picked a CB right after the Pats did and we're morons. Did I miss anything?The Pats are geniuses at drafting? Not in this world. Brady was in 2000, it's 11 years later, what have you done?

Ebenezer
04-29-2011, 05:59 PM
The Pats are geniuses at drafting? Not in this world. Brady was in 2000, it's 11 years later, what have you done?
They listed all the high round busts the Pats have chosen in the past few years...they suck as bad as Jauron. I've said it before...if Bledsoe never gets hurt NE flounders in mediocrity for a decade. Brady may have been one of the most fortunate (I won't say lucky) picks ever.

doug45
04-29-2011, 06:09 PM
All positions are needs for the team BUT...we still have done nothing on the side of the ball that scores points ?? Without that nothing makes a difference. I bet pick #35 & #36 are happy they had Buffalo before them.

Ebenezer
04-29-2011, 06:11 PM
All positions are needs for the team BUT...we still have done nothing on the side of the ball that scores points ?? Without that nothing makes a difference. I bet pick #35 & #36 are happy they had Buffalo before them.
The defense was way worse than the offense was bad.

Bangarang
04-29-2011, 06:11 PM
The Pats are geniuses at drafting? Not in this world. Brady was in 2000, it's 11 years later, what have you done?

Everyone acts like the Pats are brilliant when it comes to the draft. I think people are making this a bigger issue than what it really is.

doug45
04-29-2011, 06:31 PM
The defense was way worse than the offense was bad.

They were bad but you can do way better with a poor defense, then with a poor offense.

Ebenezer
04-29-2011, 06:36 PM
They were bad but you can do way better with a poor defense, then with a poor offense.
Really? How many times did the Bills give up 24 or more points a game last year? They gave up 425 points last year. Only four teams scored more than 425. To get a better offense than that defense the Bills would have improve by 10 points a game. Find me a guy they could have drafted at #34 that would have caused that improvement.

HHURRICANE
04-29-2011, 06:37 PM
When you can't get to the QB the secondary suffers.

The logic on this board is backwards...like the Bills.

Bangarang
04-29-2011, 06:40 PM
When you can't get to the QB the secondary suffers.

The logic on this board is backwards...like the Bills.

We don't know where Merriman is health wise. Obviously Nix and Chan do. Maybe they feel confident in his ability to produce for us next season.

MikeInRoch
04-29-2011, 06:41 PM

I disagree COMPLETELY. It is much better (if one of them has to be poor) to have a poor offense than a poor defense.

X-Era
04-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Everyone acts like the Pats are brilliant when it comes to the draft. I think people are making this a bigger issue than what it really is.They give them props because they are flashy with all the trades.

But it appears they like picks more than great players to me.

Ebenezer
04-29-2011, 06:52 PM
They give them props because they are flashy with all the trades.

But it appears they like picks more than great players to me.
with all the picks they are able to take a flier and go with guys that when they pan out makes the Pats look super smart...analyze the drafts and they aren't all that great.

X-Era
04-29-2011, 06:53 PM
with all the picks they are able to take a flier and go with guys that when they pan out makes the Pats look super smart...analyze the drafts and they aren't all that great.:clap:

And facts are facts... this was a team that was in multiple SB's over a few years and now has been in and immediately out of the playoffs in the past 3 years.

That's getting worse, not better, IMO.