PDA

View Full Version : Mallett to Pats

mrbojanglezs
04-29-2011, 08:09 PM
This is very scary to me, brady grooming mallett up. Are we gonna have to deal with another brady for the next fifteen years...sigh

mrbojanglezs
04-29-2011, 08:11 PM
with the 74th pick in the 3rd round...... Mallett to the Pats

Night Train
04-29-2011, 08:12 PM
He played small in crunch time and looks like Bledsoe light.

Philagape
04-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Big, meaty kabob for Dareus

BuffaloBlitz83
04-29-2011, 08:44 PM
I feel for Mallet. He won't get to start or compete to start for years

Ebenezer
04-29-2011, 08:47 PM
he'll get paid.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Can somebody say "trade bait?"

"The Oakland Raiders today traded their 2013 1st round draft pick in exchange for New England QB Ryan Mallett..."

Historian
04-29-2011, 08:57 PM
I kind of thought he would go to Dallas.

Watch, Brady will get hurt, Mallett will step in and win the Super Bowl, and Brady will get cast off...its Beliceck's way.

If we had drafted him he would have ended up sweeping Main Street with Lossman.

YardRat
04-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Best situation for the kid. We'll see how it pans out.

doug45
04-29-2011, 10:03 PM

And yet they know how important the QB is. They have one of the top QB's in the NFL and they still got another. WE have done nothing to fix the O and it will cost us big time.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-29-2011, 10:18 PM
And yet they know how important the QB is. They have one of the top QB's in the NFL and they still got another. WE have done nothing to fix the O and it will cost us big time.

More likely, they have the luxury to waste a 3rd round pick who, in all likelyhood, not expected to see the field during his first contract. The Bills don't have that luxury right now.

Different team, different perspective. The 2011 Bills cannot proceed in the same way as 2011 Pats.

Throne Logic
04-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Can somebody say "trade bait?"

"The Oakland Raiders today traded their 2013 1st round draft pick in exchange for New England QB Ryan Mallett..."

You know, it would kinda explain that strange trade where the Pats and Raiders pulled the trigger a dozen picks before the traded pick went on the clock.

Definitely not unlike Billy B to bend the rules to his advantage.

Mike13
04-29-2011, 10:19 PM
That team is so deep he can contribute right away if Brady gets hurt.

doug45
04-29-2011, 10:26 PM
More likely, they have the luxury to waste a 3rd round pick who, in all likelyhood, not expected to see the field during his first contract. The Bills don't have that luxury right now.

Different team, different perspective. The 2011 Bills cannot proceed in the same way as 2011 Pats.

Yes they like to win. And it matters not which team it is, Poor QB = Poor record . I don't think the Pats waste any picks they have been pretty good at it the last many years. We have been awful!!!! Tell me this is not true.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Yes they like to win. And it matters not which team it is, Poor QB = Poor record . I don't think the Pats waste any picks they have been pretty good at it the last many years. We have been awful!!!! Tell me this is not true.

It is true that we are no where near Pats level, the most important difference being Tom Brady.

But Nix and Gailey is starting a new ship whereas Belichick has been sailing full speed all along. So Belichick can experiment a few things without affecting the bottom line too much. Of course he's not doing it just for fun; it's a mature ship's way to get better if any of new experiment works. Nix on the other hand cannot afford to experiment; he must build all basic items to keep the ship going, gaining speed. In football terms, Belichick can afford boom or bust players whereas Nix probably needs to get more safe - read low risk, solid - players first.

btw, how many superstar players have Belichick hit since the days of Seymour, Brady, and that corner who's playing for the Eagles? He has a bunch of solid players on O-line and D-line. I just don't think the Mallet pick is aimed for a every day solid player for his team.

psubills62
04-29-2011, 10:43 PM
If the Bills' D could ever learn how to blitz, we'd do fine against Mallett.

Philagape
04-29-2011, 10:52 PM
If he plays for them, Pats fans will wonder "Where have we seen this before ...?"