• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

The Bills have completely changed their defense

In one draft and just three picks mind you, Buddy Nix has completely re-shaped and re-tooled a lackluster defense. Not to say we now have a top tier defense, but Buffalo has at the very least, improved their stop-unit in more ways than one.

Dareus, Williams and Sheppard all have the potential to start from day one. Now a lot of that has to do with our defense being awful. But that is the way you begin to build a young, tough defense.

Not only that, but they can all fit in the 3-4 scheme and possibly thrive there.

I absolutely love this draft and if Troup, Carrington, Moats, Merriman and McKelvin come to play and these rookies come to play we are building something special in Buffalo.
    I am The Batman.
  • Extremebillsfan247
    • Sep 2008

Re: The Bills have completely changed their defense

Originally posted by BillsWin
    In one draft and just three picks mind you, Buddy Nix has completely re-shaped and re-tooled a lackluster defense. Not to say we now have a top tier defense, but Buffalo has at the very least, improved their stop-unit in more ways than one.

Dareus, Williams and Sheppard all have the potential to start from day one. Now a lot of that has to do with our defense being awful. But that is the way you begin to build a young, tough defense.

Not only that, but they can all fit in the 3-4 scheme and possibly thrive there.

I absolutely love this draft and if Troup, Carrington, Moats, Merriman and McKelvin come to play and these rookies come to play we are building something special in Buffalo.
    Another thing I like, the schools they are getting our defensive picks from. I only have one word for it, winning... I love this draft so far. Go Bills..

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Chan was left with crap last year and they still need another draft next year...but this draft shows you can't win without players on D and they found 3 staters so far.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• tampabay25690
        • Feb 2004

Im very happy with this draft.....
        Williams was a surprise pick just becuase I thought he would be gone in the 20's of the 1st round. It's hard to pass on a guy that good.........
        GO Gators!!!!!!
        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
          Another thing I like, the schools they are getting our defensive picks from. I only have one word for it, winning... I love this draft so far. Go Bills..
          I am a homer...but I think that I am fairly accurate in stating the following: This draft will make like last years draft better as well. I do mean after the season, but I think that Carrington, Moats, Troup will be better appreciated after this upcoming year. We are not only getting young, we are getting deep. This is a good thing to be.

Comment

• DesertFox24
            • Jul 2005

Ok the schools and conferences mean crap to me. There are plenty of guys that have produced from small schools.

The thing you should be happy about is these guys have produced for more than one year, are high character guys, and are not one year wonders. Also they are big and strong.

Pretty much the opposite of what Dick Jauron drafted.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

I am happy with the pick. Had the Bills gone DB and than TE or QB I would have thrown a chair through a window.

The Bills have to pick a side of the ball and work it.

I like the idea of getting bigger.

Comment

• billsfootball8183
                • Dec 2009

Can anyone find a draft Grade from the first 3 rounds ?? by one of the "pros"

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by billsfootball8183
                  Can anyone find a draft Grade from the first 3 rounds ?? by one of the "pros"
                  Give journalists and analysts some time - a few will pop up tomorrow.

Comment

• billsfootball8183
                    • Dec 2009

I think we are sitting at a 88 which is a B according to ESPN.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

Someone help me fix my avatar??
                      Its huge
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Aug 2004

The Bills have gotten better on defense. It will show next year, but really show the year after that when these rookies have a full off-season in a pro training program. With this draft, the Bills may be one big-time play-maker and a couple of solid players away from having a good enough defense to really compete in 2012.
                        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• doug45
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          I am happy with the pick. Had the Bills gone DB and than TE or QB I would have thrown a chair through a window.

The Bills have to pick a side of the ball and work it.

I think they picked the wrong side of the ball. Without an O you can have the best D in the worold and it will not mean a thing..

Comment

• Mad Max
                            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                            • Mar 2003

Winning...with TIGER BLOOD...*****es!

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Great post. Even though I wanted a QB, I do like what they have done with the defense. We had one of the worst run defenses in the league and didn't have many 3-4 players. Now we got some bigger guys for our d and lkeep putting together a true 3-4 defense. I love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X