04-29-2011, 08:29 PM
First Mallett....

2 2012 1st's, 2 2012 2nd's.....****ers.

CleveSteve
04-29-2011, 08:30 PM
who doesn't?

Don't Panic
04-29-2011, 08:33 PM
So they went Bledsoe, Brady, poor man's Bledsoe.

DesertFox24
04-29-2011, 08:38 PM
I love the Dowling pick, but I did not like Solder or the other guys. Mallett is a bust in my opinion.

The raiders are stupid for giving a second 12 for a 3rd and a 4th.

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2011, 08:41 PM
They can have mallet

Novacane
04-30-2011, 06:05 AM
They got a backup QB. Big deal. Brady's going to be around for another 5 years or so. Barring an injury we'll never find out if Mallets any good or not.

YardRat
04-30-2011, 06:26 AM
If you really dissect what NE has accomplished over the last few seasons, with all of their draft day wrangling, it really comes down to upper end mediocrity. Their system gets them through the regular season every year and into the playoffs, but then they meet with an early exit. They no longer have the overall talent to really have a chance to win it all.

When Brady goes down, and Mallett busts, the cycle will be complete and they'll be back to drafting top 10 until they can find a way to rebuild.

They deserve credit for being able to be this successful for the first decade of this millennium, but the end of their run is approaching and I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

don137
04-30-2011, 06:36 AM
I really worry that the Patriots will package those picks and move up next year for Luck.

Jan Reimers
04-30-2011, 06:45 AM
It's now pretty much a given that Mallett will be the next Brady, and torment me until I am a very old man.

Night Train
04-30-2011, 06:50 AM
First Mallett....

2 2012 1st's, 2 2012 2nd's.....****ers.

You know, I actually read an article from Clayton this morning I agreed with.

They're making all these moves but not really drafting any big talents that can help right now. They're entertaining everyone but are they making moves to get back to the SB ? Not so sure and they keep bowing out of the playoffs rather quickly these days.

Novacane
04-30-2011, 06:55 AM
I really worry that the Patriots will package those picks and move up next year for Luck.

Why in the world would they do that?

mikemac2001
04-30-2011, 07:35 AM
Why in the world would they do that?
Bc he is a sure as a college qb can be

X-Era
04-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Their fans should hate their drafting... it's pathetic.

ddaryl
04-30-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm jealous of them.. Wish we were shrewd and had a heluva nice run while stock piling picks

X-Era
04-30-2011, 08:02 AM
I'm jealous of them.. Wish we were shrewd and had a heluva nice run while stock piling picksNah. I'd feel like crap if my team went from winning SB's almost every year to being one and done in the playoffs every year.

And that my team keeps trading away their chances to get great players and when they do make picks, they reach.

Blacksheep71
04-30-2011, 08:03 AM

Though both picks will be in the 20s - a bigger risk might be Cleveland with two 1st rounders (theirs and Atlanta)

TacklingDummy
04-30-2011, 08:38 AM
A few years ago I bet New England wishes they kept their first round pick and drafted Clay Matthews or Oher. Getting extra picks all the time doesn't mean dick unless you get players to go along with those picks.

Danny Duberstein
04-30-2011, 09:12 AM
So they went Bledsoe, Brady, poor man's Bledsoe.

I thought the same thing.

Mallet reminds me of the way Drew was perceived at the end of his career (I won't get started, but Drew got a bad rap. We had a joke of an OLine, and it's not like we didn't know he needed protection when we traded for him).

But he is big, has a cannon, but is very slow, immobile, and seems to curl up and die under a heavy pass-rush.

I actually wanted Mallet last season, so I started watching his games. After really watching him, I was totally turned-off. He sucks.

BidsJr
04-30-2011, 09:30 AM
I thought the same thing.

Mallet reminds me of the way Drew was perceived at the end of his career (I won't get started, but Drew got a bad rap. We had a joke of an OLine, and it's not like we didn't know he needed protection when we traded for him).

But he is big, has a cannon, but is very slow, immobile, and seems to curl up and die under a heavy pass-rush.

I actually wanted Mallet last season, so I started watching his games. After really watching him, I was totally turned-off. He sucks.

Drew did not get a bad rap. He would take 5 Pro Bowl O-linemen and ensure that none of them made it the next year. He was that bad in the pocket.

Dozerdog
04-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Nah. I'd feel like crap if my team went from winning SB's almost every year to being one and done in the playoffs every year.

And that my team keeps trading away their chances to get great players and when they do make picks, they reach.

I'd rather under achieve in the playoffs every year as opposed to sucking for over a decade

X-Era
04-30-2011, 10:04 AM
I'd rather under achieve in the playoffs every year as opposed to sucking for over a decadeRecord wise, yes.

But I'd rather do it the right way than cheat, water down my talent through draft day trades, Reach picks, endlessly stock pile picks in next years draft, and shamelessly get "serviced" the whole time by the media for having a downward trend overall.

Plenty of other models for underachieving in the playoffs, the Pats are my least favorite.

I'd rather overachieve with lesser talent but true grit and heart than underachieve due to stupid draft day moves and talent purging.

Buddo
04-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Belichek basically seems to pick players to suit his system. That's fine, and while Brady is still his QB, he will always have a competitive team, particularly where he's still stockpiling picks. The 'problem' with this atm, is that he doesn't seem to be prepared to take a chance on a guy, who might be a genuine 'difference maker'.
With the ammunition he's acquired over the last few years, where is the 'exceptional' player, as opposed to the simply 'good'.

kingJofNYC
04-30-2011, 10:57 AM
I see a lot of fans, not just Bills fans but Jets/Giants killing them on the Solder pick, calling it a reach.

When was the last time the Pats flubbed an OL pick?

They found a stud in Vollmer, Mankins is a beast. Remember Kiper's face, heck everyones face, when they took Makins in the 1st? "I had a 3rd round grade on him." Yeah well he's an All-Pro.

If there's one position(s) the Pats nail consistently, it's OL.

X-Era
04-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Bills board? Draft day?

I gave the Puketriots a legit few minutes of my time... It's now time to get my mind right and forget these clowns.

Time to get into the important discussion, Bills and the draft.

don137
04-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Patriots have a great drafting model. Stockpile picks. If their is value at their pick then they draft him unless a trade is there that is better than the players value. If do not like anyone trade the pick but try to have a pick in the front and back of each round. Teams know who to contact when they want trade up.

SABURZFAN
04-30-2011, 11:12 AM
They got a backup QB. Big deal. Brady's going to be around for another 5 years or so. Barring an injury we'll never find out if Mallets any good or not.

a desparate team may want Mallett a couple years down the road. the Pats will get a better draft pick in return if it happens.

Throne Logic
04-30-2011, 11:46 AM
You know, I actually read an article from Clayton this morning I agreed with.

They're making all these moves but not really drafting any big talents that can help right now. They're entertaining everyone but are they making moves to get back to the SB ? Not so sure and they keep bowing out of the playoffs rather quickly these days.

It's an insurance policy having two first rounders in every upcoming draft. If Brady has a career ending injury, think of the options they have to fix that situation with two first round picks.

In the meantime, they do select one first rounder annually, roll that extra first rounder to the future, and then maintain their team with rounds 2-4.

DynaPaul
04-30-2011, 01:00 PM
They haven't drafted well since Pioli left.

Dozerdog
04-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Record wise, yes.

But I'd rather do it the right way than cheat, water down my talent through draft day trades, Reach picks, endlessly stock pile picks in next years draft, and shamelessly get "serviced" the whole time by the media for having a downward trend overall.

Plenty of other models for underachieving in the playoffs, the Pats are my least favorite.

I'd rather overachieve with lesser talent but true grit and heart than underachieve due to stupid draft day moves and talent purging.

I would rather have had the entire past dozen years reversed. I'd rather be the team with 3 rings, a QB who knocks up actresses and models, accused of cheating, and an ******* coach everyone hates.

psubills62
04-30-2011, 01:31 PM
They haven't drafted well since Pioli left.
I think Dimitroff was more the guy than Pioli. Just look at how good Atlanta has become so quickly. KC was good, but that was a product of a weak schedule (62% of games were against AFC West or NFC West). I'd take Dimitroff before Pioli.

better days
04-30-2011, 01:32 PM
I would rather have had the entire past dozen years reversed. I'd rather be the team with 3 rings, a QB who knocks up actresses and models, accused of cheating, and an ******* coach everyone hates.

Accused of cheating? PROVEN CHEATERS is more like it.