PDA

View Full Version : I Don't care about Mallett to the Pats

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Guy is a headcase and a drug bag. Just because the Patriots drafted him doesn't mean he will magically be the next coming.

PromoTheRobot
04-29-2011, 10:25 PM
You know, people are so mesmerized by the Pats making draft trades that no one pays attention to who they actually draft.

PTR

patmoran2006
04-29-2011, 10:26 PM
The Patriots drafted QB Kevin O'Connell in the third round in 2008.. Not all their picks are gems.

I for one, am glad we took Sheppard.

Prov401
04-29-2011, 10:31 PM
You should care.

New England just netted themselves another first round pick when they trade Mallett away in 2-3 years.

X-Era
04-29-2011, 10:33 PM
You shouldn't. He won't see the field for at least the next 4 years (barring injury).

better days
04-29-2011, 10:50 PM
You should care.

New England just netted themselves another first round pick when they trade Mallett away in 2-3 years.

Which they will trade away for more draft picks & draft mediocre players.

PromoTheRobot
04-29-2011, 11:13 PM
You should care.

What will they get for the 2 RBs they drafted? Seriously, if the Bills drafted the 4th best OT in RD1 and 2 RBs would you feel like calling Nix a genius?

PTR

X-Era
04-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Which they will trade away for more draft picks & draft mediocre players.:clap: it's flashy but it's a flashy mess

Buffalo Thriller
04-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Which they will trade away for more draft picks & draft mediocre players.

Their mediocre players seem to kick our ass every year...

jcdavey
04-29-2011, 11:41 PM
the pats have lost their last 3 playoff games, but.......they win alot of games and you guys don't

they're doing something better than you, and alot of other teams

trapezeus
04-29-2011, 11:41 PM
mallet is the beginning of the end for the pats.

disregard that i've called the nonexistant collapse of the Patriots for 8 years.

psubills62
04-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Their one great player and mediocre players seem to kick our ass every year...
Fixed it for you.

zone
04-29-2011, 11:50 PM
I wanted Mallett bad, not to start anytime soon but to be a franchise qb for this team in the future It sucks I have to hate his guts now, but it is what it is.

X-Era
04-29-2011, 11:55 PM
Their mediocre players seem to kick our ass every year...They do? I thought it was their HOF QB and HOF head coach... and mediocre everything else.

And at 4-12, are we surprised that a team that's even mediocre can kick our ass?

X-Era
04-29-2011, 11:58 PM
mallet is the beginning of the end for the pats.

disregard that i've called the nonexistant collapse of the Patriots for 8 years.Seriously. Plot out their success as where they were able to finish vs. the past decade and you will see a downward trend... and IMO it's caused by watering down your talent by trading down for more picks.

They have consistently added very good FA's but their drafts are sub-par and the team is headed downward because of it, IMO.

Pride
04-30-2011, 06:24 AM
You guys are delusional. The pats draft incredibly well. And while the do draft unknowns, they draft role players, pieces to a Puzzle that only they know how to put together. Are they perfect, no, but they make the playoffs every year, and it's been a decade since we did.

THATHURMANATOR
04-30-2011, 09:07 AM
You guys are delusional. The pats draft incredibly well. And while the do draft unknowns, they draft role players, pieces to a Puzzle that only they know how to put together. Are they perfect, no, but they make the playoffs every year, and it's been a decade since we did.
This thread is specific to Mallett. I didnt want him and don't have any worry about him on the Pats. He will not make an impact.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-30-2011, 09:26 AM
I respectfully disagree. Very few of the knocks against Ryan were related to his ability to play football. It was pure politics at its finest.

But, alas, he's now Tom Brady's backup, so it is what it is.

THATHURMANATOR
04-30-2011, 09:48 AM
I respectfully disagree. Very few of the knocks against Ryan were related to his ability to play football. It was pure politics at its finest.

But, alas, he's now Tom Brady's backup, so it is what it is.
I respectfully accept our disagreement.

I am hoping we get to actually see him in action sooner rather than later.

better days
04-30-2011, 11:54 AM

They hit on the Gator picks last year because Belichick is close to Urban Meyer. As a Gator fan, I can tell you Bellichick spent a lot of time in Gainsville in the offseason while Meyer was HC.

Aside from those picks, I don't think the Pats* have drafted all that well since Pioli left.

sqad5
04-30-2011, 12:00 PM
I bet the pats are gonna trade that qb, when a team needs one

Ickybaluky
04-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Aside from those picks, I don't think the Pats* have drafted all that well since Pioli left.

They have drafted better. Look it up.

Devin McCourty
Rob Gronkowski
Zoltan Mesko
Pat Chung
Rob Brace
Sebastian Vollmer
Myron Pryor
Julian Edelman
Brandon Deadrick

All those guys are starters or role players on the team. All drafted in the last 2 years. All not from UF. Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Spikes and Aaron Hernandez are the Florida guys in that time frame.

Of all those players drafted, only McCourty was a 1st round pick, and he was a late 1st.

On top of that, they have had several undrafted players who have been good for them, like BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Kyle Love, Dane Fletcher and Brian Hoyer.

It isn't an accident they keep winning games.

DynaPaul
04-30-2011, 01:04 PM
You should care.

LOL. Mark my words. If they trade him somewhere down the line they won't get a 1st rounder for sure.

better days
04-30-2011, 01:24 PM
They have drafted better. Look it up.

Devin McCourty
Rob Gronkowski
Zoltan Mesko
Pat Chung
Rob Brace
Sebastian Vollmer
Myron Pryor
Julian Edelman
Brandon Deadrick

All those guys are starters or role players on the team. All drafted in the last 2 years. All not from UF. Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Spikes and Aaron Hernandez are the Florida guys in that time frame.

Of all those players drafted, only McCourty was a 1st round pick, and he was a late 1st.

On top of that, they have had several undrafted players who have been good for them, like BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Kyle Love, Dane Fletcher and Brian Hoyer.

It isn't an accident they keep winning games.

When you draft as many players as the Pats* do because they always have many picks you are bound to hit on some.

Now list EVERY pick from the last 2 years alongside the picks you just listed. And do you really want to include Brace as a good pick?

Ickybaluky
04-30-2011, 01:40 PM
When you draft as many players as the Pats* do because they always have many picks you are bound to hit on some.

Now list EVERY pick from the last 2 years alongside the picks you just listed. And do you really want to include Brace as a good pick?

The fact is they keep drafting players who contribute to a winning team, despite not drafting high. It is harder for a rookie to play on a team that went 14-2 and already has good players. There are other teams that don't make the playoffs regularly, and it is much easier to make their team.

The Patriots have re-built their team in about 2 years, while still winning games. They went from one of the oldest to one of the youngest teams, while staying competitive in the long run. Compare that you your team, which has been rebuilding for a decade and still isn't winning. The reason is the Pats do a great job of finding players who fit what they do, and they happen to do that well.

better days
04-30-2011, 01:48 PM
The fact is they keep drafting players who contribute to a winning team, despite not drafting high. It is harder for a rookie to play on a team that went 14-2 and already has good players. There are other teams that don't make the playoffs regularly, and it is much easier to make their team.

The Patriots have re-built their team in about 2 years, while still winning games. They went from one of the oldest to one of the youngest teams, while staying competitive in the long run. Compare that you your team, which has been rebuilding for a decade and still isn't winning. The reason is the Pats do a great job of finding players who fit what they do, and they happen to do that well.

Can't argue with you about the past, the Bills have been horrible but things are about to change.

The Pats* have not won anything important since they were caught cheating & while Brady wants to play until he is 40, he is getting older every year, closer to that mark.

Ickybaluky
04-30-2011, 01:53 PM
The Pats* have not won anything important since they were caught cheating & while Brady wants to play until he is 40, he is getting older every year, closer to that mark.

You didn't hear?

Patriots are stockpiling picks (2 1sts, 2 2nds) next year because they plan on trading Brady and draft picks for the #1 overall pick to take Andrew Luck.

I don't really worry about the future because Belichick is in charge. No team wins a championship every year, but year-in-and-out the Pats are one of the teams competing for one. The players change, but the teams is pretty much always in the mix, because they always have a plan and stick to it.

I don't know what the future holds, but I know there is a pretty good chance the Pats will remain competitive for a long time because of who runs the program. Names change in both the front office and on the field, but the program rolls along.

better days
04-30-2011, 02:10 PM
You didn't hear?

Patriots are stockpiling picks (2 1sts, 2 2nds) next year because they plan on trading Brady and draft picks for the #1 overall pick to take Andrew Luck.

I don't really worry about the future because Belichick is in charge. No team wins a championship every year, but year-in-and-out the Pats are one of the teams competing for one. The players change, but the teams is pretty much always in the mix, because they always have a plan and stick to it.

I don't know what the future holds, but I know there is a pretty good chance the Pats will remain competitive for a long time because of who runs the program. Names change in both the front office and on the field, but the program rolls along.

That would be a great idea to draft Luck, but I will bet the Pats will do as they have in the past, trade down, get extra picks, let another team draft the great player while they draft a few good players & many mediocre players.

Ickybaluky
04-30-2011, 03:18 PM
That would be a great idea to draft Luck, but I will bet the Pats will do as they have in the past, trade down, get extra picks, let another team draft the great player while they draft a few good players & many mediocre players.

Right. Mediocre players.

That must be why they have won more games than any other team in the NFL in the last decade, all those mediocre players. I have no problem with those mediocre players and all those games they win. Keep them coming.

I think it is funny you forgot to use your asterisk in that last post.

better days
04-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Right. Mediocre players.

That must be why they have won more games than any other team in the NFL in the last decade, all those mediocre players. I have no problem with those mediocre players and all those games they win. Keep them coming.

I think it is funny you forgot to use your asterisk in that last post.

I guess I should edit that post. The Pats* have not won because of the mediocre players they drafted, they cut most of them loose.

Ickybaluky
04-30-2011, 03:33 PM
I guess I should edit that post. The Pats* have not won because of the mediocre players they drafted, they cut most of them loose.

If you were to look at their roster, you would see they come from all sorts of places -- draft, FA, waivers, trades. At the end of the day, I really don't care where they get their players from as long as they keep winning. They have done that more consistently than anyone.

Sorry, though, didn't mean to ruin the personal fantasy you created to convince yourself the Pats aren't that good.

Miami_Vice
04-30-2011, 03:53 PM
he wont play until he is in his 5th season

better days
04-30-2011, 03:57 PM
If you were to look at their roster, you would see they come from all sorts of places -- draft, FA, waivers, trades. At the end of the day, I really don't care where they get their players from as long as they keep winning. They have done that more consistently than anyone.

Sorry, though, didn't mean to ruin the personal fantasy you created to convince yourself the Pats aren't that good.

I did not say they were not good in the past. With the help from officials giving them B.S. calls (the tuck rule - please) plus cheating, they were able to win it all.

As I said however things are about to change & they have not won a thing since they were caught cheating which was a while ago now.

psubills62
04-30-2011, 08:06 PM
You didn't hear?

Hahaha...you are joking, aren't you?