PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like Sturdivant at 100?

BillsWin
04-29-2011, 10:45 PM
I really like the kid as a ILB prospect.

X-Era
04-29-2011, 10:47 PM
I really like the kid as a ILB prospect.Love the kid, we just don't seem to need him. Sheppard and Poz (restricted) means were set at ILB... Batten and Davis can be backups.

psubills62
04-29-2011, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't mind him. I think we'll be taking at least 2 OL, another LB, and a couple skill players.

X-Era
04-29-2011, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't mind him. I think we'll be taking at least 2 OL, another LB, and a couple skill players.Gailey said no OL or WR at the Sheppard presser... I hope thats not true.

psubills62
04-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Gailey said no OL at the Sheppard presser... I hope thats not true.
I didn't see the presser. Do remember his exact words?

kingJofNYC
04-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Gailey said no OL or WR at the Sheppard presser... I hope thats not true.

Yeah, he said no interior OL, left room for a tackle. No WRs specifically mentioned. Said we are fine at those positions.

Nix did mention that we could take another DB tomorrow, don't sleep on that Tenn-Chat CB.

I expect LB/DB/TE/OT

X-Era
04-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Yeah, he said no interior OL, left room for a tackle. No WRs specifically mentioned. Said we are fine at those positions.

Nix did mention that we could take another DB tomorrow, don't sleep on that Tenn-Chat CB.

I expect LB/DB/TE/OTI just heard it again... he says interior but then says guard, center, and tackle and says that were set there.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2011, 11:00 PM
4 LUKE STOCKER TE
4 STURDIVANT ILB
5 BAIR DE
6 SKRINE CB
7 SIMS S
7 WEBER QB

psubills62
04-29-2011, 11:01 PM
I just heard it again... he says interior but then says guard, center, and tackle and says that were set there.
He did say all of those and that they wouldn't be focusing there. To be honest, I'm not taking that to heart for a couple reasons. First, their actions say they aren't happy with the RT position. Second, when I looked at Buddy Nix's draft history with the Chargers, I don't think they went a draft without taking a late-round OT. They consistently grabbed OL late in the draft. I think that's just something he'll do in the draft.

X-Era
04-29-2011, 11:03 PM
He did say all of those and that they wouldn't be focusing there. To be honest, I'm not taking that to heart for a couple reasons. First, their actions say they aren't happy with the RT position. Second, when I looked at Buddy Nix's draft history with the Chargers, I don't think they went a draft without taking a late-round OT. They consistently grabbed OL late in the draft. I think that's just something he'll do in the draft.I hope your right. Im OK with Bell but not at RT at all.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2011, 11:06 PM
cord howard and wrotto are solid backups at tackle plus wang can play ot....

psubills62
04-29-2011, 11:07 PM
I hope your right. Im OK with Bell but not at RT at all.
Completely agree. It can be frustrating when they can see obvious holes at some positions, but not others.

BTW, I'm going to keep bumping that Buddy Nix draft history thread I made. Just through the first three rounds, it was like he was following a script from his time in San Diego. DE's and DB's early, LB's in middle rounds, now OL late.

I don't know what thread it was, but before the draft started tonight, mainly based on Nix's history, I predicted that he'd draft an LB and CB, maybe in that order, but maybe not.

psubills62
04-29-2011, 11:07 PM
No...we need a huge upgrade there. I don't know how well Boling fits on the right side, but Marcus Cannon is still there, and I'd love a huge mauler like him.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2011, 11:22 PM
i wonder if they think cannon can start at rt for them? and move pears to backup LT...

Bangarang
04-29-2011, 11:38 PM
No...we need a huge upgrade there. I don't know how well Boling fits on the right side, but Marcus Cannon is still there, and I'd love a huge mauler like him.

Cannon was re-diagnosed with cancer at the combine.

psubills62
04-29-2011, 11:46 PM
Cannon was re-diagnosed with cancer at the combine.
I'm pretty sure it was benign and was already being removed.

Scumbag College
04-30-2011, 12:27 AM
How about Ziemba from Auburn? He has a ton of experience at a big time program. I think he could fit in as a RT for the Bills.

Bangarang
04-30-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm pretty sure it was benign and was already being removed.

Was it? Either way I hope he can come back strong.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-30-2011, 12:59 AM
How about Ziemba from Auburn? He has a ton of experience at a big time program. I think he could fit in as a RT for the Bills.

wouldnt mind him...

JCBills
04-30-2011, 09:31 AM

Solid backups, which is why it would be smart to take an RT between the 4th and 5th and try to sign one when this whole legal ****storm is over.

Jan Reimers
04-30-2011, 09:39 AM
I like Sturdivant. Sheppard is viewed as an inside backer, but if you have seen the quotes from Nix about his sideline to sideline ability, Sheppard could end up on the outside and Sturdivant would be good need and value pick in the 4th.

mysticsoto
04-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Sturdivant would be good ILB depth and likely a STs stud. I wouldn't mind him, but I'd prefer a RT or QB if they like one...

Saratoga Slim
04-30-2011, 10:20 AM

I'd love that pick.

As far as Sturdivant - I like him but I'd rather have Herzlich.

I think we may have a good core group there now though, with Sheppard.