• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • methos4ever
    • Apr 2004

Marcell Dareus Tornado Relief Fund

From Shaw on another MB:

Marcell Dareus said this about coming to play football in Buffalo:

"I told people when I left Buffalo after my visit," Dareus said, "I called other people and told them, Buffalo may be my city. Because I like it slow. It's a big city but it's got a small-city feel to it. The fans love the team. It's just like Tuscaloosa (Ala.). The fans love Alabama. The fans love the Bills. When you got people behind you pushing you, it doesn't matter what else is going on as long as you're winning and you've got people who love to win and a bunch of people who want to win."
    So I wondered how we could show Marcell how much it means to us to have a player on the team who feels that way. Here's what I did: I went online and donated $50 to support the families devastated by the tornadoes this week. I made the donation in Marcell's name.

Why don't we all do it? Maybe we can 50 or 100 people to make donations in the fund in Marcell's name, and then he'll know that he's coming to a place that cares as much about him as the folks in Alabama do.

Here's how you do it: Go to https://american.redcross.org/site/D...donation=form1 Red Cross Disaster Relief.

Put in the amount, billing info. Under Tribute, select In Honor Of. Put in Marcell Dareus, and for the address use Buffalo Bills, One Bills Drive, Orchard Park, New York 14127. Put in any message you want.

Or you can text the Red Cross. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the Red Cross from your phone.

Those people down there really need help. This is a great way, and easy way, to let Marcell know we're happy to have him and to help some people he cares about who are in trouble.

Post in this thread if you've sent something. Let's see how many people will support Marcell.

Thanks.
    I figured I'd put it on here in case anyone was interested...
    Last edited by methos4ever; 04-30-2011, 05:52 AM.
Working...
X