PDA

View Full Version : When's the last time the Bills actually had a plan?

Forward_Lateral
04-30-2011, 06:30 AM
This year, at the draft, the plan is obvious. Build the defense with athletic, versatile players who can help the team now.

In years past, there hasn't seemed to be a plan in place. It just seems that this year the Bills actually have an idea of what they want to do, and are actually doing it.

Night Train
04-30-2011, 06:45 AM
I haven't tossed away last years D picks of Troup, Carrington, Moats & Batten. They all still figure heavily in the future, according to Nix.

Now with Wanny onboard as a coach, I can see the D improving quicker than many believe.

Historian
04-30-2011, 06:58 AM
Now with Wanny onboard as a coach, I can see the D improving quicker than many believe.

I've been saying this since the day he set foot in town.

Throw in the fact that we lost nailbiters to several playoff teams last year....I'm not so sold that this is a "bad" team.

I think anyone who underestimates them is going to get stung.

SquishDaFish
04-30-2011, 07:26 AM
Like I said last year we are finally on the right and good path. We will be relevant again soon

mikemac2001
04-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Bumbling buddy nix

Luisito23
04-30-2011, 07:47 AM
After this draft my confidence on Nix is slowly rising.

Forward_Lateral
04-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Last year they didn't have as aggressive of a plan defensively. The Spiller pick was a bit of a luxury pick, considering they had Lynch and Jackson on the roster already. This year, they are building the defense with some very good building blocks. The D-line has instantly improved with Dareus. Now you can have a dominating pass rush on 3rd downs with Williams and Dareus up the middle.

Beebe's Kid
04-30-2011, 02:48 PM
I think it is funny that Nix is slowly gaining respect...except from a few special needs posters. Everybody in the league said he wad good at why he did, and he's only been doing it for 300 years, but the Buffalo fan has been cut so deep, they refused to give him respect until he'd proven himself.

DynaPaul
04-30-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm totally happy with this draft. We filled some big needs and didn't waste high picks on luxury guys we could do without. A+. We'll see how they pan out in a few years.