• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Bills go heavy on defense

The Buffalo Bills went into this draft focusing in on the biggest need going into the 2011 season. That need is obtaining as many defensive players that they can early in the draft.

Let’s take a quick look at each pick in rounds one, two, and three.
    Entire story
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Bills go heavy on defense

Good article but you have to let go of your 2 year obsession (Clausen,Tebow,Newton,Gabbert) with QB. Stanzi isn't any better than Fitz and you don't toss away picks with so many needs.

When a good QB is available next April, the Bills will select him but not reach for prospects who don't resemble an NFL starting QB. Since Sam Bradford went #1 last year, the remaining QB pool has been terrible.

I follow the Big 10 and Stanzi has career backup written all over him.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

Great piece T. I hope you're right about Sheppard... would be great to have three day one starters already out of this draft. As for Stanzi, I'm in your corner on that one. He just needs a good coach and a little time.

Comment

• T-Long
        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
        Good article but you have to let go of your 2 year obsession (Clausen,Tebow,Newton,Gabbert) with QB. Stanzi isn't any better than Fitz and you don't toss away picks with so many needs.

When a good QB is available next April, the Bills will select him but not reach for prospects who don't resemble an NFL starting QB. Since Sam Bradford went #1 last year, the remaining QB pool has been terrible.

I follow the Big 10 and Stanzi has career backup written all over him.
        We have Fitz and Levi Brown on the roster currently. We need to grab a QB in this draft, so why not the best one available at round 4?

I follow the Big 10 as well, and I like Stanzi's game. Do I see him as a can't miss elite QB? No. But he would he a helluva 4th round selection IMO.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Don't Panic
          Great piece T. I hope you're right about Sheppard... would be great to have three day one starters already out of this draft. As for Stanzi, I'm in your corner on that one. He just needs a good coach and a little time.
          I read an article on bleacher report that called Sheppard the best inside LB in the entire draft. They rated his pick an A.

Comment

• Don't Panic
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by better days
            I read an article on bleacher report that called Sheppard the best inside LB in the entire draft. They rated his pick an A.
            Yeah but remember... I write for Bleacher Report, as do a lot of other yahoos out there. That is as legit as a thread on this site with a well composed opening. That said, I hope he's right!

Comment

Working...
            X