PDA

View Full Version : The Bills Did Make One Big Mistake

Dujek
04-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Not having the new jerseys released in time for Dareus to pose with one. We've all seen them on the Madden video, they might as well have put their asses in gear and released them on Wednesday in time for Dareus to hold up a jersey he might actually wear, rather than one he'll never wear.

Mahdi
04-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Not having the new jerseys released in time for Dareus to pose with one. We've all seen them on the Madden video, they might as well have put their asses in gear and released them on Wednesday in time for Dareus to hold up a jersey he might actually wear, rather than one he'll never wear.
Really, that was a bonehead move. They are trying to be so secretive with the jerseys and now they have already been leaked and as you said our top pick is posing with jerseys he will never actually wear.

Not very smart by the marketing department who could have sold a ton of brand new 2011 Dareus jerseys with all the hype over the last couple days....

Silly.

better days
04-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Yeah, a stupid mistake by Brandon. He is usually very good in the marketing dept, he blew this one big time.

Bangarang
04-30-2011, 11:49 AM
I understand that they didn't release the jerseys because of what the Sabres were doing. I'm sure when they do, Dareus will be there.

Michael82
04-30-2011, 11:55 AM
They didn't release the jerseys because they wouldn't have anyone to show them off. The players wouldn't have been able to do that, due to the lock out.

THRILLHO
04-30-2011, 11:55 AM
I thought the same thing when Dareus was up there also.

better days
04-30-2011, 11:57 AM
They didn't release the jerseys because they wouldn't have anyone to show them off. The players wouldn't have been able to do that, due to the lock out.

What better place to show them off than on National TV at the Draft with the #3 pick in the draft holding it up?

mrbojanglezs
04-30-2011, 12:01 PM
I don't understand the secrecy in the uniforms and prolonging it so long.... does brandon think this will get more people to buy season tickets or something lol

Michael82
04-30-2011, 12:06 PM
What better place to show them off than on National TV at the Draft with the #3 pick in the draft holding it up?
The Bills and other teams have always liked to host a big event where they can sell concessions, merchandise and tons of jerseys and show them off with a bunch of current players wearing them. They aren't going to do it now before the lockout ends.

EricStratton
04-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Releasing jersey changes would constitute official team business and during the lock-out teams are not allowed to conduct official tram business.

You also won't see any more post draft player visits or other announcements until it's done.

better days
04-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Releasing jersey changes would constitute official team business and during the lock-out teams are not allowed to conduct official tram business.

You also won't see any more post draft player visits or other announcements until it's done.

Well, the change was made before the lockout. The Players have seen the new uniforms before the lockout, and now the fans have seen them as well thanks to Madden.

I seriously doubt it could be considered new business to have had the #3 pick in the draft hold up the uniform he will be wearing.

I understand what Michael is saying about the event but the uniforms were already seen on Madden so I think it would have been fine to have the new jersey held up. Just my opinion.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-30-2011, 08:57 PM
It's not like these are brand-new jerseys, either. These are the same throwback jerseys the Bills have been wearing for the past 5 years. It's not like they'd be totally out of place.