X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Let me get this straight

Both the Jets and Patriots took Quarterbacks in the draft to groom and they already have solid starters. The Bills have Ryan Fitzpatrick and Levi Brown on the roster. That's it. And Brown was cut last year once. Why the hell wouldn't the Bills have taken a single QB in the draft? Even a project. McElroy would have been a good project and the Jets took him.

Now before you all rip me for being negative. I love our draft for the most part and am happy they filled big holes on the defense. But I don't understand why Nix/Gailey wouldn't take a single QB. Fitzpatrick's contract is up after the season. And again, all we have is Levi freaking Brown! WTF!

The only thing I can think of is that the team is targeting a couple guys in free agency. But I don't know.
    Last edited by Michael82; 04-30-2011, 04:28 PM.
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: Let me get this straight...

I think they liked Newton and Ponder this year, and when getting either one of them was pretty much impossible they said screw it, we'll wait until next season.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Re: Let me get this straight

Welcome to Buffalo stop gap Qb Donavan McNabb or injury prone Kevin Kolb.

Comment

• Bangarang
        • Sep 2010

What are you talking about, we took plenty of CBs. Oh wait, you said QB

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

I think it is quite obvious that the Bills would have taken a quarterback if there was one that they liked. The had three quarterbacks in for a visit, all three were taken before they could draft them. I am not sure why some of you get so upset because they don't do what you want them to do. They are not going to take a quarterback that they don't want, move on. McElroy won't be groomed to be the Jets franchise, they took a shot at hoping he will be a serviceable backup, nothing more.
          Last edited by TheGhostofJimKelly; 04-30-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Slim
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            Welcome to Buffalo stop gap Qb Donavan McNabb or injury prone Kevin Kolb.
            Nix actually said last year that he's not a McNabb fan. Fitz is the guy next season.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Re: Let me get this straight...

Originally posted by Slim
              I think they liked Newton and Ponder this year, and when getting either one of them was pretty much impossible they said screw it, we'll wait until next season.
              I could see that. I honestly think they were shocked that Ponder was grabbed that high and they targeted him for a trade back into the 1st round or right at their 2nd round pick.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                I think it is quite obvious that the Bills would have taken a quarterback if there was one that they liked. The had three quarterbacks in for a visit, all three were taken before they could draft them. I am not sure why some of you get so upset because they don't do what you want them to do. They are not going to take a quarterback that they don't want, move on. McElroy won't be groomed to be the Jets franchise, they took a shot at hoping he will be a serviceable backup, nothing more.
                I'm not really upset, but I'm just confused. I don't understand why they wouldn't even take a flier on a late round QB project.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Slim
                  Nix actually said last year that he's not a McNabb fan. Fitz is the guy next season.
                  Then it will be some other vet. The Bills are not going into camp with just Fitz, Brown, and whoever.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Michael82
                    I'm not really upset, but I'm just confused. I don't understand why they wouldn't even take a flier on a late round QB project.
                    Why waste a draft pick on a guy that won't be here next year? They can go with what they have now and worry about QB next year. They like what they have.

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

I will not be shocked to see Vince Young get a look

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                        !?!?!?!?!?
                        • Mar 2006

If they took a QB then we'd go through the process of figuring out if they were worth holding on to and once a team invests in a QB the time starts ticking for the coaching staff and the GM. They are doing as the Jets did. Building the team up in the trenches and touching up on other positions and then once we have done enough to shore up certain spots we will look for a QB of the future. Fitz is a fantastic stop gap who could potentially take a team to the playoffs if given the tools. You cannot criticize the team for not picking another 3rd string QB when we can pick one up in FA that is probably better.

Comment

• acehole
                          • Jan 2006

Rumor has it we are going hard for Palmer.....

Relax...

Originally posted by Michael82
                          Both the Jets and Patriots took Quarterbacks in the draft to groom and they already have solid starters. The Bills have Ryan Fitzpatrick and Levi Brown on the roster. That's it. And Brown was cut last year once. Why the hell wouldn't the Bills have taken a single QB in the draft? Even a project. McElroy would have been a good project and the Jets took him.

Now before you all rip me for being negative. I love our draft for the most part and am happy they filled big holes on the defense. But I don't understand why Nix/Gailey wouldn't take a single QB. Fitzpatrick's contract is up after the season. And again, all we have is Levi freaking Brown! WTF!

The only thing I can think of is that the team is targeting a couple guys in free agency. But I don't know.
                          Hated by the stupid..
                          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                            I will not be shocked to see Vince Young get a look
                            I'm starting to think that too.

Comment

• Slim
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                              Why waste a draft pick on a guy that won't be here next year? They can go with what they have now and worry about QB next year. They like what they have.
                              Exactly my thinking. If you don't think he's going to be a franchise QB, than why take him? The Bills have more pressing needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X