PDA

View Full Version : A few questions I have

elltrain22
04-30-2011, 08:58 PM
First off, I love the direction of this team, and I'm very excited to see this team play ball. Lemmie get to it.

1. Any chance we have an inside track on signing Pat Devlin as UDFA??

2. WTF is going on w/ Ed Wang?? (we drafted him last year, and when we drafted Hairston, got me thinking about WAng, wtf???)

3. Is this team in good position to run the 34 defense??

4. How is Danny Batten progressing, or is he on the outside looking in??

5. With all the db's drafted, what about George Wilson and Bryan Scott??

6. We didn't address TE, does this mean David Nelson is going to move to TE? Is Shawn Nelson still in the mix??

========================

don't know how many questions can be answered here, but any that can thanks!!

Go Bills

mayotm
04-30-2011, 09:02 PM
First off, I love the direction of this team, and I'm very excited to see this team play ball. Lemmie get to it.

2. WTF is going on w/ Ed Wang?? (we drafted him last year, and when we drafted Hairston, got me thinking about WAng, wtf???)

6. We didn't address TE, does this mean David Nelson is going to move to TE? Is Shawn Nelson still in the mix??

========================

Go BillsI'll answer #6. There is no way in hell that David Nelson in moving to TE.

elltrain22
04-30-2011, 09:08 PM
just thought of another question, anyone give me an up to date (prediction) of what our starting defense will look like???

Johnny Bugmenot
04-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Not until the lockout is lifted.
I honestly think the sole reason Ed was picked was to give the illusion that the Bills were doing something about fixing the OT position. BTW, he's being moved ot guard, last I checked.
A lot better than it was. ILB is now quite a bit deeper, which was an issue last year.
Can't answer that one.
It will be a competition when (if) training camp comes around. I think Wilson has a better chance of staying around than Scott.
Chan Gailey, as widely stated here, doesn't like TEs. Which would explain why he's never lasted more than two years in any NFL position.

psubills62
04-30-2011, 09:25 PM

========================

Go Bills
1. I'd like to think so, but since I want him (as do several others), I doubt we sign him.

2. Moved to guard, not sure how he's progressing.

3. I think it's in a better position. May have to inject more top-end talent in some positions down the road, but I think we're in good position now.

4. Hard to say. I'd like to think he's in line to be depth at the very least, but it seems he might get bumped out with other bodies. I don't think they've seen him in camp, so they may just be looking to get competition going.

5. Wilson should be staying. I think Searcy is a possible replacement for Bryan Scott - they seem like similar players, in my opinion.

6. Nope. Hard to say what they're doing at TE. It sounds like Chandler is a guy they love, and Nelson may get in 5-wide sets, I really don't know.

Danny Duberstein
04-30-2011, 10:03 PM
just thought of another question, anyone give me an up to date (prediction) of what our starting defense will look like???

NT - Kyle
DE - Dareus & Dwan
ILB - Sheppard and (hopefully) Poz
OLB - Merriman & ??? (Moats, I guess)
CB - McGee and McKelvin (Williams will probably take over for McGee when he gets hurt)
FS - Byrd
SS - ??

Ground Chuck
05-01-2011, 11:33 AM

don't care

If Wang couldn't find the field last year when we were starting guys off the street.....that should tell you something

much better

ballast

The guys in trouble are Whitner, Youboti, and Corner

David Nelson is not a TE. Chan doesn't use a TE much, just goes 3,4 or even 5 wide. Just need one to block.

DraftBoy
05-01-2011, 11:42 AM

========================

Go Bills

1. The only UDFA we may have inside edge on is DaVonte Shannon.
2. He was a poor pick last year.
3. It is in better than it was, but still lacks proven pass rush which is a massive component.
4. No idea, nobody knows anything on this.
5. Scott is gone, Wilson I bet sticks.
6. Doubt Nelson moves he's too valuable out of the slot as #4 WR.

ct bills fan
05-01-2011, 03:23 PM
TE - as with QB, i think CG and BN think there are better FA's available than what they could have drafted. Thigpen has a history with CG and is decent. I also think there are more good TEs in FA than usual??