PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young

Prov401
05-01-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm just throwing his name out there. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that the Bills have their eye on Young. I'm sure 3/4 of this board would be opposed to such an idea as VY donning our colors, but I wouldn't mind it. The guy wins, and IMO, needs somebody who is willing to back him 100% and show him the way. The guy has the tools, and has played in big games. Games we haven't been in over a decade.

I'm fully backing Fitz, and am behind him all the way. Hopefully he continues to improve like he has every year. But as many have stated, there is a bit of confusion as to why Buffalo didn't address the QB position in the draft. I think we were interested in one QB coming into this draft, and that was Christian Ponder. Obviously that didn't work out. So Buffalo has to assess their 'signal caller of the future' soon. Are they going to continue standing behind Fitz, and sit back throughout the free agency/trade period of the off-season (once it gets here) without making a move? Or will they make a play for one of the premiere QB's out there for trade?

Vince Young?

P.S. (Can't wait to see how many 'HELL NO' comments I get)

Bangarang
05-01-2011, 04:24 AM
I would be a little concerned with him disrupting the chemistry we have in the locker room. The guy is missing a few marbles.

Go Go Buffalo14574
05-01-2011, 04:25 AM
No thanks

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Vince Young = Less talented and much dumber Cam Newton

And I hate Cam Newton.

tampabay25690
05-01-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm just throwing his name out there. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that the Bills have their eye on Young. I'm sure 3/4 of this board would be opposed to such an idea as VY donning our colors, but I wouldn't mind it. The guy wins, and IMO, needs somebody who is willing to back him 100% and show him the way. The guy has the tools, and has played in big games. Games we haven't been in over a decade.

I'm fully backing Fitz, and am behind him all the way. Hopefully he continues to improve like he has every year. But as many have stated, there is a bit of confusion as to why Buffalo didn't address the QB position in the draft. I think we were interested in one QB coming into this draft, and that was Christian Ponder. Obviously that didn't work out. So Buffalo has to assess their 'signal caller of the future' soon. Are they going to continue standing behind Fitz, and sit back throughout the free agency/trade period of the off-season (once it gets here) without making a move? Or will they make a play for one of the premiere QB's out there for trade?

Vince Young?

Im all for it....
VY would probably do great in Buffalo under Chan's system.
I like the idea of bringing him or Tavaris Jackson in as well.....
Brings competition to camp and thats the whole idea......

I think a change for VY would be good for his career....

tampabay25690
05-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Vince Young = Less talented and much dumber Cam Newton

And I hate Cam Newton.

Why do u hate Cam Newton???
Did he bang your girl or something???

ChristopherWalken
05-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Vince Young has some serious mental issues to overcome. I don't think he's a good fit for Buffalo.

Historian
05-01-2011, 08:01 AM
This is Fitzy's team.

Nix is not going to disrupt the salary structure to pay Young waht he wants to sit the bench.

Jan Reimers
05-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Let's bring in JaMarcus Russell, too, and see which one is more useless.

Philagape
05-01-2011, 08:11 AM

Vince Young?

And yet, he's unemployed. There are reasons for that.

Danny Duberstein
05-01-2011, 08:26 AM
idk....I wouldn't hate it....but I'm not sure it would be a good idea.

I think Fitz has earned a chance to be the unquestioned starter for a season. I think that QB competitions have their place, but it can also be counter-productive to have a guy looking over his shoulder all year. We know that Fitz can be serviceable. Now, we need to find out if he can elevate his game to the next level, after having an off-season/training camp/pre-season as the starter (unfortunately, we may miss all of that stuff because of the lockout).

If we bring in VY, you KNOW he'd want the starting job, and he would probably be vocal about it. And the first time that Fitz throws an INT, the fans and media would begin asking when VY would get the start.

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Why do u hate Cam Newton???
Did he bang your girl or something???
I thought I have posted my reasons for hating him many many times. Go look them up.

Prov401
05-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Let's bring in JaMarcus Russell, too, and see which one is more useless.

Vince Young has won in this league, playoffs and all. Not a good comparison.

Prov401
05-01-2011, 10:47 AM

Couldn't be more wrong pal.

He's a Tennessee Titan. This CBA b.s has to be dealt with before any trades can happen. You will see a team snatch him up.

YardRat
05-01-2011, 11:03 AM
No thanks.

I'm with the people that want to bring in somebody like Gradkowski....a capable back-up, not somebody that expects to start or get paid like one.

ddaryl
05-01-2011, 11:15 AM
The Bills will bring in somebody that can work behind Fitz.... In all honesty. If Tebow is on the table I could see the Bills making a move in that direction long before going after Young.

YardRat
05-01-2011, 11:28 AM
So is VY now the poor man's Cam Newton?

Johnny Bugmenot
05-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Um, one word. Lockout.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-01-2011, 12:37 PM
I would have to think that the organization would have to have some serious talks to make sure he grows up. i wouldn't say I would hate the idea, I don't want to say I would like it, so I guess I could live with it.

!Papacrunk!
05-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Well Vick wasn't too well received himself before the Eagles picked him up. Who knows in this league anymore.

Philagape
05-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Couldn't be more wrong pal.

He's a Tennessee Titan. This CBA b.s has to be dealt with before any trades can happen. You will see a team snatch him up.

He's practically unemployed. For all intents and purposes. The owner said so. Better?

Of course some sucker will snatch him up. Trent Edwards got snatched up too.

ct bills fan
05-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Thigpen's a more likely FA candidate, with his background with Chan

paladin warrior
05-01-2011, 03:17 PM
I dont mind. Sure bring over here.

BuffaloBlitz83
05-01-2011, 04:47 PM
One thing about Vince Young people overlook is fact that the guy wins games. Not Superbowls. But he wins games as a starter. I remember when Titans were 0-8. Vince became starter and they won 8 straight games. Was it a coincidence? Over his career he was a bigger winner than people realize. Better than stats for sure.

Philagape
05-01-2011, 05:15 PM
One thing about Vince Young people overlook is fact that the guy wins games. Not Superbowls. But he wins games as a starter. I remember when Titans were 0-8. Vince became starter and they won 8 straight games. Was it a coincidence? Over his career he was a bigger winner than people realize. Better than stats for sure.

So they why does his team, the one that knows his best, not want him? Are they insane?

BuffaloBlitz83
05-01-2011, 05:21 PM
So they why does his team, the one that knows his best, not want him? Are they insane?

He needs a change of scenario. He burned his bridges obviously. Talent is there and he'd be cheap. And if it doesn't work you can cut him.