PDA

View Full Version : Predict the impact of the picks

YardRat
05-01-2011, 11:00 AM
1. Marcel Dareus, DE - Immediate starter. I don't care if he isn't eloquent and well-spoken, the only thing I need him to say clearly is "How'd that feel mother****er? Get used to it because I'm gonna be here all day!"

2. Aaron Williams, DB - Should start at one CB position, but in all honesty might be better suited for safety which would downgrade his impact if he makes the switch.

3. Kelvin Sheppard, ILB- Regular rotation, but not full-time starter until a few games into the season, unless he beats the POS outright or the POS gets really adept at making the calls and Sheppard takes over the Davis/Ayodele spot.

4. Da'Norris Searcy, S - Will back up Wilson or Byrd, maybe both dependent on what the team does with Williams. Whitner is gone, and Bryan Scott may be also.

4. Chris Hairston, OT-He'll have to beat out Wang or Wrotto for a roster spot. Could be an early IR or practice squad guy.

5. Johnny White, RB-Will make the roster based on special teams and production out of the backfield will depend on the health of Freddie and CJ. Could spell the end of Ganther and Caulcricks's career in Buffalo. I think this kid could eventually be the Kenneth Davis of the current squad.

6. Chris White, LB - Cut, or early IR. I'd be surprised if he made the roster barring a bunch of injuries.

7. Justin Rogers, CB - Will only make the team as the fifth CB if nobody is brought in via FA or rookie UDFA...He might be a beneficiary of a numbers game, but otherwise he'll probably be cut.

7. Michael Jasper, NT-I'm rooting for Mount Jasper, but he's destined for the practice squad unless/until Williams or Troup get hurt.

mrbojanglezs
05-01-2011, 11:09 AM
I think sheppard will start next to Poz

JCBills
05-01-2011, 04:47 PM
I think Sheppard will have a good crack at the LILB spot next to Poz, who I think they will re-sign when this legal mess blows over. They took him to pair him with Poz, not replace him. Davis is a 2 down linebacker with his best years behind him, though he's still solid. If they can get Poz a deal and look OLB at the top of next year's draft, they will have taken proper steps toward building a solid front 7.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-01-2011, 05:10 PM
i think yoiu put jasper at the NT and let'em rip some heads off

Night Train
05-01-2011, 05:24 PM
6. Chris White, LB - Cut, or early IR. I'd be surprised if he made the roster barring a bunch of injuries.

He reportedly was a popular pick because he's started many games outside & inside and they like his ability to stuff the run.. He probably sticks.

TacklingDummy
05-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Dareus: Sad to say I think he will be injury prone and the next Bills bust.

Williams/Shepard/Searcy: Will be starters someday.

Rogers/Joesph: Won't make the team.

psubills62
05-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Dareus - Starter or at the lest major contributor during the season.

Williams - Probably start out in the dime or nickel, may get more playing time at season's end.

Sheppard - Sorry, JC, I disagree, I think he was drafted to replace Poz (probably not this season, but eventually). He's doesn't shed blockers very well, so we need a thumper next to him to keep him clean and make tackles (Batten or Chris White, most likely). May get playing time at season's end or if Poz gets injured (yeah, yeah, can the jokes - he has not missed many games due to injury).

Searcy - Seems similar to Bryan Scott, he may play a little safety, probably some ST's, but possibly some ILB in nickel/dime situations. Not sure he ever really contributes significantly on the field outside of ST's.

Hairston - Hopefully wins the job this year, but doubtful. He'll be a backup, maybe inserted once in a while if they keep up the RT carousel.

Johnny White - consistent 3rd RB. Contributor this year only due to injury and on ST's. Maybe becomes a solid RB with time, but doubtful right now.

Chris White - Might make the squad, might not. Could be a victim of the numbers game at ILB (not talent, numbers). If cut, probably goes to PS.

Rogers - Probably makes the team as the last CB, but very possibly goes to PS.

Jasper - Cut or PS. Hard to see him making the team, but who knows...seems to have good work ethic, and could be a contributor way, way down the road, but seems very unlikely.