• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Once again, this board has lost it's mind

Vince Young, Donovan McNabb, late-round project QB's.....

Look, I'll be the first to admit that Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't the long term answer at QB, but how are any of these options any ****ing better?

I've said it before and I've said it again: Buffalo's need for a franchise QB doesn't necessarily make one available. At some point, we will need our franchise QB. In the meantime, we are better off concentrating on the positions we can fix now and letting Fitz do his thing rather than trying to force a round peg into a square hole.

Desperation moves rarely bring the intended result.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Once again, this board has lost it's mind

Could not have said it better myself!

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

My sentiments exactly!!!!!!
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Fitz is clearly a better option than Mallet or Kaepernick or Dalton.

Not even going to discuss Gabbert, Ponder or Locker. If we would have taken one of them over Dareus this place would have exploded!!!

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

" ...But,but,but...we passed on Gabbert ! "
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

And here I expected to open up this thread and read a full-blown *****-fest countering the optimism displayed by most over the choices made by the team over the last three days.

Nice post, Op.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MikeInRoch
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
              And here I expected to open up this thread and read a full-blown *****-fest countering the optimism displayed by most over the choices made by the team over the last three days.

Nice post, Op.
              I have to admit - I thought the same thing. I was pleasantly surprised.
              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I heart Op.

Comment

• circlethewagons
                  • Dec 2005

Great post, 100% agree

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                    • Mar 2004

Honestly?

I'd actually love to see them tank the whole damn season. You want to get the Bills back to being a contender? Tank this season and draft Andrew Luck.

They did some good things in an effort to improve the D in this draft. Keep working on it. Keep getting young OL experience. Let Fitz take a beating if you must. But I say let the losses rack up.

Instead of Carson Palmer or McNabb and an 8-8. Go 2-14 or so and within a year you are a 10-12 win per year every year team.

Seriously. What is the realiistic record the Bills can achieve with Fitz, this team and a few midd to low FA's? 6 wins? 7? Despite the fact that all the homers here will chasitize me, but this team is still not a playoff team and FAR from a contender. But one more badyear and you could be looking atr 10 years of playoffs like a Manning and Brady do almost every year.

But whatever. I'm sure they will win 6 games and get the #13 pick and everyone will be thrilled at the improvement. until they win 6 more the next year. and the next one.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                      Honestly?

I'd actually love to see them tank the whole damn season. You want to get the Bills back to being a contender? Tank this season and draft Andrew Luck.

They did some good things in an effort to improve the D in this draft. Keep working on it. Keep getting young OL experience. Let Fitz take a beating if you must. But I say let the losses rack up.

Instead of Carson Palmer or McNabb and an 8-8. Go 2-14 or so and within a year you are a 10-12 win per year every year team.

Seriously. What is the realiistic record the Bills can achieve with Fitz, this team and a few midd to low FA's? 6 wins? 7? Despite the fact that all the homers here will chasitize me, but this team is still not a playoff team and FAR from a contender. But one more badyear and you could be looking atr 10 years of playoffs like a Manning and Brady do almost every year.

But whatever. I'm sure they will win 6 games and get the #13 pick and everyone will be thrilled at the improvement. until they win 6 more the next year. and the next one.
                      I hear ya. With the lack of the FA period (and Buffalo's inactivity even in years when there is a real FA period), this team has limited opportunities to improve and it's hard to see us getting more than 6 wins next year. Tanking a whole season is a tough pill to swallow, but it's better than another 5 years of mediocrity.

But, either way, taking any of those other QB options is at best a lateral move. If we're a 6 win team with Fitz, we're a 6 win team with McNabb, Young, Palmer or some late-round flyer.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                        Honestly?

What happens when Luck tanks his senior season with a new coaching staff and by Feb of next year his 'sure-thing' status has gone the same route as Locker?

Will you bump him down the ladder next year in favor of the '12 version of Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert also?

**** that. Get as good as you can, win as much as you can, and deal with your spot in the draft and who is available when you get there next year.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• EricStratton
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          I hear ya. With the lack of the FA period (and Buffalo's inactivity even in years when there is a real FA period), this team has limited opportunities to improve and it's hard to see us getting more than 6 wins next year. Tanking a whole season is a tough pill to swallow, but it's better than another 5 years of mediocrity.

But, either way, taking any of those other QB options is at best a lateral move. If we're a 6 win team with Fitz, we're a 6 win team with McNabb, Young, Palmer or some late-round flyer.

When you guys talk about tanking a season how exactly is that accomplished?

Should coaches coach to lose games, should players play to lose games or should they actually throw games to get the record you all want.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                            • Jun 2005

I was expecting a way different OP response. Man Im glad I was wrong on that. I agree with you OP

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by EricStratton
                              When you guys talk about tanking a season how exactly is that accomplished?

Should coaches coach to lose games, should players play to lose games or should they actually throw games to get the record you all want.
                              Obviously, the players would never really tank the season. If we end up 2-14, it's cuz we really are that bad.

I think we're just frustrated that this team is so mediocre- we're not good enough to win anything, but not bad enough to ever be in a position to get that elite QB.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X