PDA

View Full Version : Bills Draft Do-Over...Put up or STFU

YardRat
05-01-2011, 05:48 PM
1. Marcel Dareus, DE - Good here. Wouldn't swap for anybody else in the first round.

2. Aaron Williams, DB - Brooks Reed, LB - Can't ***** about the pick too much because of Sheppard in the third, but I'd prefer Reed here.

3. Kelvin Sheppard, LB - Justin Houston or Martez Wilson, LB - yeah, still no corner, but we needed lbers badly and I really liked both of these guys.

4. Da'Norris Searcy, S - Luke Stocker, TE - Biggest need on offense, good value pick.

4b. Chris Hairston, OT - Good here...we needed a tackle.

5. Johnny White, RB - The way this is falling...OK...he fills a couple of roles, and there really isn't a DB in the rest of the round that I'd trade him out for.

6. Chris White LB - Byron Maxwell, DB - We've got our LBers already, and here's the obligatory safety.

7. Justin Rogers, CB - Good...here's a corner.

7b. Michael Jasper, NT - Why not. Go big early, go bigger late and take the chance. If you're going to take a flier it might as well be on a mountain.

psubills62
05-01-2011, 05:56 PM
My problem with the Jasper pick is...we seem to be the main team paying him attention. I know he has to say good things about Buffalo now that we picked him, but was anyone else really going to sign him as a UDFA? Why not pick a guy we probably wouldn't be able to sign? David Mims, Pat Devlin, Mario Harvey all come to mind. Really a mystery to me.

SquishDaFish
05-01-2011, 05:58 PM
The only change I would of made would of been Bowers in the 3rd and hoped for Shepperd in the 4th. But either way I loved our draft

Mad Max
05-01-2011, 06:01 PM
This draft was competent, dare I say, professional, so I'm not compelled to start picking nits.

I/we have had to do so much of that in past seasons that I've grown weary of the practice and am grateful to the organization for not putting me through it yet again.

TacklingDummy
05-01-2011, 06:02 PM
1. AJ Green WR
2. Akeem Ayers LB
3. Demarcus Van Dyke CB
4. Jordan Cameron TE
4. Taiwan Jones, RB
5.6.7. Don't care about picks after 4th round.

nolimit
05-01-2011, 06:03 PM
The only change I would of made would of been Bowers in the 3rd and hoped for Shepperd in the 4th. But either way I loved our draft

I believe bowers went in the 2nd

SquishDaFish
05-01-2011, 06:12 PM
If so then Bowers in 2nd LOL

SquishDaFish
05-01-2011, 06:12 PM
1. AJ Green WR
2. Akeem Ayers LB
3. Demarcus Van Dyke CB
4. Jordan Cameron TE
4. Taiwan Jones, RB
5.6.7. Don't care about picks after 4th round.

You would of passed on Darius for an FN WR??? I know Green is good but that really would of been ignoring our needs and went with one of our strengths.

Don't Panic
05-01-2011, 06:22 PM
I can live with every pick except Chris Hairston... had he been Ricky Stanzi I'd be thrilled.

TacklingDummy
05-01-2011, 06:30 PM
You would of passed on Darius for an FN WR??? I know Green is good but that really would of been ignoring our needs and went with one of our strengths.
Yes.
WR is not a strength. Granted it wasn't the greatest need but Evans is overrated and Johnson could be a fluke. The WR position could use an upgrade. There's not 1 area on this team that couldn't use improvements.

cookie G
05-01-2011, 06:48 PM
This will take some doing, because I know I have to trade back up into the first to do it.

1. Dareus is the obvious choice, there's no question.

2. The trade up. I know the Bears want him so I have to get in front of them. I hate NE so I can't trade with them.

A feeler goes out to Ozzie, he's sympathic to my plight, but needs a CB too much and can't risk dropping to the 2nd for Jimmy Smith. I mention that Aaron Williams would be available. He chuckles, reminds me that he was knocked out cold by his own teammate and says, "I'll pass".

That leaves Pioli, the arrogant little *****. I give him my 2nd 4th and next year's third to move up.

With that pick I take Gabe Carimi, and move him immediately to RT. My first 2 picks are 2 strong as hell maulers. My first pick from last year, CJ Spiller, immediately gets better.

3rd - Keep Sheppard, whether or not it is a reach. He'll be behind Dareus and Williams, and I like what he brings.

4th - Sam Acho - OLB Texas. Showed in the pre draft workouts that he has the COD speed to transition. Super smart, impeccable character, strong in the lower body, he's going to work really well with Williams, Dareus and Sheppard, will make an excellent strong side OLB.

5th - I take a gamble with Marcus Cannon with plans on moving him to the inside. If it works, the right side of the line is...Wood at center, Cannon at guard, Carimi at tackle, with Levitre pulling from the left guard spot.

6th - yeah well, I guess its time to draft a DB. The kid from Boise St. Jerrel Johnson or whatever. That's good enough.

7th - Mario Harvey - my 257 lb. linebacker is as fast as the 180 lb CB we drafted. Hits harder too. Might be able to hide behind Dareus and company to be effective..at the least, my new special teams ace.

7th b - The Great Khali. If we're taking sideshow performers, I at least saw him play in the Longest Yard.

Stronger, faster, meaner. What this team has needed for a long time. Its what they got.

DraftBoy
05-01-2011, 06:50 PM
1. Marcel Dareus, DE - Good here. Wouldn't swap for anybody else in the first round.

2. Aaron Williams, DB - Brooks Reed, LB - Can't ***** about the pick too much because of Sheppard in the third, but I'd prefer Reed here.

3. Kelvin Sheppard, LB - Justin Houston or Martez Wilson, LB - yeah, still no corner, but we needed lbers badly and I really liked both of these guys.

4. Da'Norris Searcy, S - Luke Stocker, TE - Biggest need on offense, good value pick.

4b. Chris Hairston, OT - Good here...we needed a tackle.

5. Johnny White, RB - The way this is falling...OK...he fills a couple of roles, and there really isn't a DB in the rest of the round that I'd trade him out for.

6. Chris White LB - Byron Maxwell, DB - We've got our LBers already, and here's the obligatory safety.

7. Justin Rogers, CB - Good...here's a corner.

7b. Michael Jasper, NT - Why not. Go big early, go bigger late and take the chance. If you're going to take a flier it might as well be on a mountain.

1. DE Dareus
2. LB Reed
3. OT Reid
4. TE Stocker
4. CB House
5. WR Moore
6. LB Sturdivant
7. DE/LB Romeus
7. LB Harvey

Front 7 is fixed, any questions?

Ginger Vitis
05-01-2011, 07:06 PM
I like Draftboys and Cookies drafts better than the Bills.. For some reason overall i don't like that Bills draft as much as other bills fans..The Bills draft I would give a B-

Ebenezer
05-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Maybe Reed for Williams. I wouldn't have been upset if they took Mallett instead of Sheppard...but in the end I don't have much heartburn with the draft.

mysticsoto
05-01-2011, 08:17 PM
1. Marcel Dareus, DE - No question here. This was the right decision.

2. Brooks Reed, LB - Fast and provides insurance in case Merriman is just not the same. Even if Merriman succeeds, Reed is Kelsays' eventual replacement who can now be let go in '12.

3. Kelvin Sheppard, ILB - I'm fine with pick to help in the inside and battle it out with Batten. No matter who wins or loses, the other would be in the background for depth and would likely get to play.

4. Christian Ballard - DT - Listed as DT but has and would play DE for us. Insurance in case Carrington doesn't work out. Also good value. Ballard was projected as a 2nd rd by many. Like the Giants, we have now built ourselves a great DLine for many years. Spencer Johnson days are limited. He's been less than spectacular and we now have playmakers at every position!

4b. Chris Hairston, OT - I'm good with this choice.

5. Marcus Cannon - OT/OG - Powerful Guard who can fill in and not miss a beat for Levitre or Wood. Flexible in that he's played almost all positions and even though he is 358 lbs, he moves fast for his size. A fantastic mauler for the run game and fantastic value in the 5th rd for someone projected to go in the 2nd.

6. Tyler Sash - S - We get our safety that is a bit of a ballhawk also - which seems to be what they wanted.

7. Justin Rogers, CB - Youboty's replacement. I'd make the effort to sign Florence or get another CB in FA if I have to, but I think Florence might like it when he sees what has been done up front to make his life easier and stats surge this year!

7b. Michael Jasper, NT - I'd like to give this guy a chance and see what he can do. Supposedly he's lost 73 lbs since January. That's pretty impressive and shows that he's working really hard. If you can remain driven enough to lose that much, I think you are serious and I give him a chance!

mr_kotter
05-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Luke Stocker instead of Searcy is the only pick I'm a bit sad the Bills didn't pull off.

YardRat
05-01-2011, 08:30 PM
This draft was competent, dare I say, professional, so I'm not compelled to start picking nits.

I/we have had to do so much of that in past seasons that I've grown weary of the practice and am grateful to the organization for not putting me through it yet again.

I have to admit, I may like the Bills draft better than my re-do, except for maybe the White and Rogers pick (and I ended up keeping Rogers myself). Corners got really thin, really quick with Williams off of the board, but I was looking for LBers early in this draft and I wanted to put out an honest representation of what I was thinking at the moment.

we are
05-01-2011, 08:45 PM
2nd - TE Kyle Rudolph...i like Williams but I have a feeling Rudolph could've helped the offense more.

alohabillsfan
05-02-2011, 09:09 AM
I am sure that every teams draft would look different having the knowledge of where every player is taken.

THATHURMANATOR
05-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Yes.
WR is not a strength. Granted it wasn't the greatest need but Evans is overrated and Johnson could be a fluke. The WR position could use an upgrade. There's not 1 area on this team that couldn't use improvements.
Green over Dareus proves incompetance.

No one would say we have the greatest WR Core but it certainly is not need. Evans is established. Johnson is coming off a great year, Nelson looked very good. Easely is rehabbing nicely.

THATHURMANATOR
05-02-2011, 09:41 AM
2nd - TE Kyle Rudolph...i like Williams but I have a feeling Rudolph could've helped the offense more.
I was thinking the same thing and then I read that Gailey really doesn't utilize the TE all that much in his schemes.

TacklingDummy
05-02-2011, 10:06 AM
No one would say we have the greatest WR Core but it certainly is not need. Evans is established. Johnson is coming off a great year, Nelson looked very good. Easely is rehabbing nicely.
And Green will be better than all of them.

mysticsoto
05-02-2011, 10:10 AM
And Green will be better than all of them.

And Green won't be able to stop the run, which means team will run on us again all day long and Green won't get a chance to do much while they run the clock down on us and get better time of possession and more chance to score. And we'll have to play catchup and take more chances causing more turnovers. And we'll lose more games with that strategy...