PDA

View Full Version : Franchise QB for The Bills

ghz in pittsburgh
05-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Short of Fitz getting injured early in the season, I don't see the Bills finishing less than 5 wins in the near future.

Last year, with the kind of defense we have and 0-8 start, the team still wound up winning 4 games. Now nix and Co. have targeted defense for the last 2 drafts. If, as they say that they are right, I think based on the defense alone, they may win 4+ games, let alone their head coach is a proven offensive guru who is used to make do with less.

And teams with 6+ win are badly positioned to pick franchise QBs. You can go back and check all the past draft.

That means we have to find a non-prototype QB like Drew Brees who finds his way after several years of struggle, or hit a jackpot like Tom Brady - for those of you making Belichick the genius, I will argue that he has tried this with the Browns and with the Pats year after year and hit upon only one guy; if he were truely a ginus, I'd expect he had a higher success rate.

I think Gailey got a pretty good handle on offense: he got good surprises from Fitz (who, as a seasoned vet, is less likely to regress) and the wide receivers; the O-line got a lot of make-over in-season with some talent upgrade; the running backs were not as good as they had expected. I think they can and should get at least the same amount of output as the last season. Now if the defense improves with the infusion of both talent and brain (Wannstedt), I'm pegging them finishing with 6 wins.