PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Once again, this board- Bills top 3 on the draft board??

Ebenezer
05-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Forked from: Once again, this board has lost it's mind (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3457185)

No, mediocre's about right. You don't get to commit 20 turnovers in 13 games, complete less than 60 percent and still be called good.

According to Jerry Sullivan on WGR this morning, the Bills told Fitz that if a franchise QB was there at 3 they were going to draft him. Also according to Sullivan the Bills draft board was:

1. Newton
2. Dareus
3. Miller/Gabbert

Night Train
05-02-2011, 10:14 AM
So we should refer to Dareus as " Sloppy Seconds " ? :rolleyes:

Sully needs to be right after preaching QB for the last several weeks.

Luisito23
05-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Once again I want to thank the idiots in Carolina, and Denver for passing on Dareus!

Philagape
05-02-2011, 10:23 AM
I'll just pretend I never saw that board since it's all moot now. :phew:

elltrain22
05-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Thank you so very much Carolina!!

Ebenezer
05-02-2011, 10:35 AM
So we should refer to Dareus as " Sloppy Seconds " ? :rolleyes:

Sully needs to be right after preaching QB for the last several weeks.

I don't have a link but according to WGR after the Bills picked Dareus Nix was quoted as saying, "after Newton was picked it was an easy choice"?

jills
05-02-2011, 10:38 AM
It is nice to have a good GM in charge making the right decisions.

Thank you Carolina!

mysticsoto
05-02-2011, 10:42 AM
If we had lost Dareus at #2 and then chose Gabbert instead of Miller, my draft grade would have been substantially different!!! I'm so glad things turned out the way they did!!!

trapezeus
05-02-2011, 10:44 AM
we got the best player on the board, the us seals got osama, and ????

these things happen in 3's. i am hoping this means the sabres sign brad richards. true, hard to do before July 1, but pegula baby! PEGULA!

baalworship
05-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Maybe the anti-Newton people can just admit that their opinion of him was not shared by 2 NFL GM's with their job on the line who picked in the top 3.

Not saying that he is a sure thing. But the notion he is a sure bust was conjured out of speculation and amateur psychology of whether they would have a beer with him.

Philagape
05-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Maybe the anti-Newton people can just admit that their opinion of him was not shared by 2 NFL GM's with their job on the line who picked in the top 3.

Not saying that he is a sure thing. But the notion he is a sure bust was conjured out of speculation and amateur psychology of whether they would have a beer with him.

As well as his total lack of experience playing anything that begins to resemble NFL football.

Our opinions' not been shared by NFL GMs plenty of times. And we've been right plenty of times.

Philagape
05-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Another thing about Newton topping the Bills board: Thank God they didn't lose more games like some losers wanted them to do!

don137
05-03-2011, 10:43 AM
If Luck came out Newton most likely would of been a Bill and not Dareus since the Panthers said they would draft Luck if he came out....thank goodness Luck stayed in school.

Figster
05-03-2011, 04:05 PM
I wanted Newton or Gabbert and I'm glad to see the Buffalo Bills also considered Gabbert and Newton as possible franchise signal callers.

No way I can complain about Dareus though, love his attitude, and I'm very excited about watching him play for the Buffalo Bills

ublinkwescore
05-03-2011, 08:35 PM
You know hearing that kinda just rained all over my parade of optimism... this team could still be in trouble. If these boneheads in this front office really thought that highly of Cam Newton, we're in a buttload of trouble.

patmoran2006
05-03-2011, 09:06 PM
I heard it was Peterson and not MIller neck and neck with Gabbert for 3rd after Newton and Dareus.

YardRat
05-03-2011, 09:16 PM
lol.

According to YardRat on BZ this evening, the Bills board was...

1. Dareus
2. Miller
3. Peterson

They were never even considering a QB, because they knew one of the top 3 defenders in the draft was going to be there regardless of where the QB's went. They are also happier than **** that Carolina and Denver passed on the guy that should've been the first to come off of the boards.

Buddo
05-04-2011, 06:33 AM
I'm not sure it matters one way or the other tbh.
Bottom line was we got the guy we coveted in Dareus. Easily the best pick we could make to help the team now. End of story.
After that, the rest of the draft became gravy tbh.