PDA

View Full Version : Troup up to 327

BillsWin
05-02-2011, 08:31 PM
According to the "official" buffalo bills message board.

This kid has been working his ass off all off season to gain muscle mass and strength.

Look out for this guy to see some serious playtime this year.

FlyingDutchman
05-02-2011, 08:35 PM
He started to show me somethin towards the end of the season. I have faith in the kid

T-Long
05-02-2011, 08:35 PM
I saw the videos before....great to hear

elltrain22
05-02-2011, 08:39 PM
what did he weigh when we drafted him?

elltrain22
05-02-2011, 08:40 PM
what did he weigh when we drafted him?

He was 314, I looked it up myself

Devin
05-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Im repping you for the simple fact that you thanked your own post.

X-Era
05-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Im repping you for the simple fact that you thanked your own post.I'm repping anyone who reps someone for repping their own post.

bigbub2352
05-02-2011, 08:46 PM
i like dareous and williams at end with troupe in the middle
gimme carrington edwards heard and jasper and johnson on the bench

Beebe's Kid
05-02-2011, 09:54 PM
There's a lot of love in this thread! I'm on the phone, but I'll be doing a little telling myself when I get to the computer.

Write it down...the two most popular baby names in Buffalo this year will be Troup and Fitzy...perhaps not in that order.

psubills62
05-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Like I said before, DL in a 3-4 almost never do much their first year. Look at Pittsburgh's former first round pick, Evander Hood, or the Jets' NT, Sione Pouha, or the Browns' NT, Ahtyba Rubin. Those guys rarely played their first year and if they did, didn't really stand out. All three are dominant DL, and I know there's a hundred more examples.

Despite that, I'm not counting on Troup and Carrington, but I do have some hopes that they'll improve. I'll be watching them closely when I have the chance this coming season.

better days
05-02-2011, 10:08 PM
There's a lot of love in this thread! I'm on the phone, but I'll be doing a little telling myself when I get to the computer.

Write it down...the two most popular baby names in Buffalo this year will be Troup and Fitzy...perhaps not in that order.

I think Buddy & Chan will become popular baby boy names in the near future.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2011, 10:50 PM
troup and carrington were great picks, they are huge and strong, perfect for the 34

mysticsoto
05-03-2011, 06:06 AM
I talked to Troup last year in TC for a bit. Real nice guy. Humble, yet confident in himself and what he's capable of. I expect big things from him too.

If Troup gets more play, does that mean Kyle moves to DE? Did he play any 3-4 DE last year, or mainly NT?

ddaryl
05-03-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm repping anyone who reps someone for repping their own post.

Well someone has to rep you for repping someone who repped someone for repping their own post then

DraftBoy
05-03-2011, 07:42 AM
With increased size will come the loss of some agility/quickness. Now in the 3-4 that's not a massive issue as long as the weight he's putting on is both noticeable and makes a difference.

Him putting on weight is a good thing, but lets not get ahead of ourselves quite yet.

DraftBoy
05-03-2011, 07:42 AM
I talked to Troup last year in TC for a bit. Real nice guy. Humble, yet confident in himself and what he's capable of. I expect big things from him too.

If Troup gets more play, does that mean Kyle moves to DE? Did he play any 3-4 DE last year, or mainly NT?

Ngata plays 3-4 DE at about the same weight, so he could play 5 tech.

mysticsoto
05-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Ngata plays 3-4 DE at about the same weight, so he could play 5 tech.

If he can make the transition. I don't think he's ever played 3-4 DE. Kyle, on the other hand, appears to be more versatile and is more experienced...

But either way, I don't care as long as they make it work.

EDS
05-03-2011, 08:05 AM
If Troup and Dareus play well then I think moving to a 4-3 makes more sense - get the big guys on the field and take one of our terrible linebackers off.

DraftBoy
05-03-2011, 08:34 AM
If Troup and Dareus play well then I think moving to a 4-3 makes more sense - get the big guys on the field and take one of our terrible linebackers off.
If you go 43 then you actually hurt this team. In the 34 we can play Dareus-Troup-Williams all on the line at the same time. In a 43 one
of them has to sit because none of them are 43 DE's. So while you may lose one terrible LB, you add one or two atrocious DE's.

trapezeus
05-03-2011, 08:39 AM
the size and push the bills line will have now, will really tell you how awful maybin is if he still can't get tackles. everything is coming to the outsides if we think we've plugged the middle.

if maybin can't make a difference as a starter in the 2nd preseason game, cut him.

Anyone agree with that?

mysticsoto
05-03-2011, 08:53 AM

We are not moving backwards. Everything they've done is to move to a 3-4 and Nix even mentioned that the reason they didn't draft Bowers was b'cse he fit best on a 4-3 and that's not what they wanted. I had thought we'd be doing both and so I wanted Bowers in the draft, but it doesn't sound like we'll be doing much hybrid switches this year...

coldbuck25
05-03-2011, 09:02 AM
Hey guys. Yea, I think our D-Line will be amazing this year with Kyle-Troupe-Dareus as starters. We also have terrific depth in Edwards, Carrington, and Spencer Johnson (even Jasper excites me). I agree with the above poster that says if maybin can't do anything behind this line, he is ****! That being said, our other OLBs better take advantage of this new line. (Merriman, Moats, Batten, Torbor, Kelsay<-why the hell is he still here!?)

Since you mentioned the Buffalobills.com message board, I figured this would be a good time to ask what the hell is wrong with it? I used to lurk there all time, but now I can't access the pages anymore. I have registered during the busy times of the past (as was to be expected for draft weekend), but it won't even allow me to register! If someone has an answer or can inquire from a mod over there, I'd really appreciate it :). I'm sorry for the long post, but I don't believe I am allowed to start new threads with this being my first post.

don137
05-03-2011, 09:15 AM
One thing I noticed about the draft the past two years is the character and work effort of the players they drafted. They are drafting guys that want to play and want to get better and not just draft high ego players (McGahee), head case players (Lynch) or players that have the tools but not the mental makeup (Mike Williams) to be a good NFL player. That has killed us the passed ten years. I really like the direction of this team and it's core players. Still too many holes but many holes are closing.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-03-2011, 09:19 AM
I want Troup at LDE, Kyle in the Middle and Dareus at the RDE spot. Dareus is quick enough to play the right side. This line will free up Kyle to go one on one vs. the center.

mysticsoto
05-03-2011, 09:25 AM
I want Troup at LDE, Kyle in the Middle and Dareus at the RDE spot. Dareus is quick enough to play the right side. This line will free up Kyle to go one on one vs. the center.

Kyle started drawing double teams last year. Of course, if you do that, Dareus is then one on one. Initially they will probably do this until Dareus begins to make them pay for it. Lets hope that's sooner rather than later...

acehole
05-03-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm repping anyone who reps someone for repping their own post.

i have to rep my own post as i have a stalker in sabs...who neg reps me for living.

justasportsfan
05-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Kyle started drawing double teams last year. Of course, if you do that, Dareus is then one on one. Initially they will probably do this until Dareus begins to make them pay for it. Lets hope that's sooner rather than later...

teams will have to make their TE's, Wr's and rb's block our Dlinemen all at the same time . If they run the ball they may even have to make their qb block as well :D

X-Era
05-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Well someone has to rep you for repping someone who repped someone for repping their own post thenAnd what should I do for all the people that rep my post on this? It's starting to get rep-etitive.

Night Train
05-03-2011, 05:39 PM
He did show some ability to shed and make plays at the LOS. Transformed his body from fat to muscle. I did read about some intense program he recently went through and 327-328 lbs must be the result. Sounds good to me. He's your clogger and won't be single blocked.

In a rotation with Williams but he'll be in there plenty...unless some folks already have Jasper starting..:up: :rofl:

ghz in pittsburgh
05-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Sorry but I think Kyle Williams will be a trade bait in the near future if everything works out as Nix & Co. expected.

Look the O-Line always have at least one more guy than the D-line so they always double team some one. The best guy from the Bills last year is Kyle. In fact he is up there in the league for his play.

But Kyle's best fit is 4-3. The reason the Bills are even talking about a hybrid is because of him. But if Troup and Carrington are truely develops to quality guys, I see the move to full time 3-4 with Dareus-Troup-Carrington.

mysticsoto
05-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Sorry but I think Kyle Williams will be a trade bait in the near future if everything works out as Nix & Co. expected.

Look the O-Line always have at least one more guy than the D-line so they always double team some one. The best guy from the Bills last year is Kyle. In fact he is up there in the league for his play.

But Kyle's best fit is 4-3. The reason the Bills are even talking about a hybrid is because of him. But if Troup and Carrington are truely develops to quality guys, I see the move to full time 3-4 with Dareus-Troup-Carrington.

The way Kyle is performing, that trade would have to be a pretty high pick!

justasportsfan
05-04-2011, 09:00 AM
With Jasper in the mix and breathing down Troups neck, Troup will be a better player this year....I hope.

stuckincincy
05-04-2011, 09:21 AM
The way Kyle is performing, that trade would have to be a pretty high pick!

Yep. There's not team that wouldn't love to have him on their roster.

PromoTheRobot
05-04-2011, 12:02 PM
With Jasper in the mix and breathing down Troups neck, Troup will be a better player this year....I hope.

You can't have too many rushers. Jasper will rotate with Troupe and Williams. Maybe Williams will play some end. Dareus will move around. Sometimes we'll use 3 up front, other times 4. Gone are the days when opposing teams will know what the Bills are going to do on defense.

PTR

mysticsoto
05-04-2011, 12:05 PM
I doubt Jasper gets in this quickly. He doesn't have alot of experience. But if he can show enough to bump McCargo or even Spencer, that would be a HUGE deal (no pun intended).

CAbills
05-04-2011, 12:27 PM
I doubt Jasper even makes anything above practice squad.

mysticsoto
05-04-2011, 12:41 PM
I doubt Jasper even makes anything above practice squad.

I seriously think that if we put Jasper on the PS, someone will pick him up - even if just to sit on the bench while he learns and improves. Why don't we dump McCargo who does nothing for us and let this guy sit and learn. We already know McCargo is going nowhere...atleast Jasper should get a chance. Losing 70 lbs is no small feat, he seems determined - he already has freakish athletic ability. How does he NOT surpass McCargo just by breathing?

Slim
05-04-2011, 04:00 PM
I seriously think that if we put Jasper on the PS, someone will pick him up - even if just to sit on the bench while he learns and improves. Why don't we dump McCargo who does nothing for us and let this guy sit and learn. We already know McCargo is going nowhere...atleast Jasper should get a chance. Losing 70 lbs is no small feat, he seems determined - he already has freakish athletic ability. How does he NOT surpass McCargo just by breathing?

McCargo's contract is up. He's no longer on the team.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-04-2011, 08:15 PM
jasper will make the team and will dress for some games. hes to talented. its just about getting down to a solid 355 or so... someone that big and quick with that bench power is very rare...

i wouldnt even be suprised if jasper suprised and earned major playing time, i think kyle williams might have to be used as a 34de/3tech rotation guy. troup is going take big steps too... it will be interesting with this new size and power!

X-Era
05-04-2011, 08:32 PM
McCargo's contract is up. He's no longer on the team.I hope not.

Bangarang
05-04-2011, 08:36 PM
jasper will make the team and will dress for some games. hes to talented. its just about getting down to a solid 355 or so... someone that big and quick with that bench power is very rare...

i wouldnt even be suprised if jasper suprised and earned major playing time, i think kyle williams might have to be used as a 34de/3tech rotation guy. troup is going take big steps too... it will be interesting with this new size and power!

How would you know how talented he is?

Slim
05-04-2011, 10:31 PM
I hope not.

I know big John personally, and that bridge has been burned. And so has my last remaining source for roster info.

CAbills
05-04-2011, 11:01 PM

Your right every workout superstar becomes a stud...dude was drafted in the 7th round with compensatory pick. Lets slow the roll a little.

Mad Max
05-04-2011, 11:14 PM
How would you know how talented he is?

You doubt the Dellapelle?

The boy.the myth.the basement.

You doubt him?

pffft, suit yourself and how foolish you'll ultimately look