X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • airdog32
    • Oct 2003

poll question on NFL network!

which of the 1st round selections from BAMA will have the biggest impact in 2011?
    Darius was a distant 3rd! WTF? Jones will be a 3rd target maybe a fourth in ATL! Ingram might be alright but N.O. really likes to pass and Ingram does not have the best of hands! IMO Darius will be a beast and will sure up a DL in the way Suh did for the lions last year! I am I out of mind here or is this just normal national media giving no love to buffalo?
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: poll question on NFL network!

Who cares?

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

I AM OUTRAGED!
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Jones will be a #2 target and Ingram has the distinct possibility of being a starter. That being said, I think all three will be about even in terms of impact.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
          • Feb 2009

Of course, most of those fans only look at stats for impact, they don't realize Dareus makes all other 10 guys better.

Comment

• Mike
            • Jan 2009

which of the 1st round selections from BAMA will have the biggest impact in 2011?
            Darius was a distant 3rd! WTF? Jones will be a 3rd target maybe a fourth in ATL! Ingram might be alright but N.O. really likes to pass and Ingram does not have the best of hands! IMO Darius will be a beast and will sure up a DL in the way Suh did for the lions last year! I am I out of mind here or is this just normal national media giving no love to buffalo?
            DLinement get very very little attention from average fans and media. When was the last time a lineman was named MVP??? Never, so in essence if any one of these other guys has a star career than they will be far more popular than MD. I hope he is good as SUH, but in no way is he compared to him coming out. SUH was once in a decade player and played like it. Its unfair to expect MD to perform at that level, I do expect him to be one of the best DT on the roster.

As for your "media hates us" statement which is pure nonsense, first media has been loving the Bills draft. They have been calling it one of the best. Second, last year, many of the media picked Spiller to be Rookie of the Year and have a great rookie season. No one in the media hates the Bills, this is an illusions, why would they hate the Bills? Its dumb to think that they do. The fact is that they Bills have given the media and the average football fan very little entertainment value over the last 10yrs. As a natural result, they dont get the accolades and the attention because they dont deserve it. In the end, no one pays attention to a dog ****ting, because its a common phenomena and a pretty non-entertaining event. There are no dog ****ting contests, or tv shows, etc.... well when the team plays like dog **** dont blame the media for not paying attention. Bills are not getting hated by anyone, they are getting accurate feedback!
            Please Make Sense

Comment

• PTI
              Banned
              • Jan 2011

He should be a distant 3rd. There is a long road ahead when you stink.

Jones could catch 8 TDs and Ingram can run for 10.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by PTI
                He should be a distant 3rd. There is a long road ahead when you stink.

Jones could catch 8 TDs and Ingram can run for 10.
                I guess how many TD's you score is the only way a player can make an impact. I guess Dareus should just go home then.

What's amusing is that your logic is completely backward. Our team stinks, so Dareus should be able to make more of an impact. How much more can Jones improve a team that went 13-3? Or Ingram improve an 11-5 team?
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  Who cares?
                  Thurm got this right. Who gives a damn about some stupid poll that means nothing? Seriously.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mike
                    DLinement get very very little attention from average fans and media. When was the last time a lineman was named MVP??? Never, so in essence if any one of these other guys has a star career than they will be far more popular than MD. I hope he is good as SUH, but in no way is he compared to him coming out. SUH was once in a decade player and played like it. Its unfair to expect MD to perform at that level, I do expect him to be one of the best DT on the roster.
                    True.

#2 overall Suh got 16 starts and played a bunch of minutes. 10 sacks, 66 tackles.

#54 overall Carlos Dunlap had 12 game appearances, no starts, much fewer minutes, and garnered 9.5 sacks and 24 tackles.

Carlos who?

Both teams finished out of the money.

The stats we chat about don't - pretty much can't - address the situations under which they were garnered.

And credited tackles are up to the individual clubs. If one believes the eye-popping numbers SF gives LB Willis, I'd expect his next feat to be supporting the entire globe on his shoulders like Atlas...

Suh's tackle numbers are very suspect - to me. That figure of 66 is mind-boggling for a DT.
                    Last edited by stuckincincy; 05-03-2011, 01:42 PM.
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                      • Mar 2003

idc about some stupid NFL.com poll

as long as he improves this run D and helps create pressure by taking multiple defenders then idc what his stats are

MUCK
                      FIAMI

Comment

• Raptor
                        • Jan 2009

Its likely because from a stat standpoint he's not going to put up eye popping numbers

His impact will be felt more by stuff that isnt in the stat sheet by opening up things for other players

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                          • Jan 2010

i don't even see this poll

Comment

Working...
                          X