PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins too slow to get Pouncey the playbook

mysticsoto
05-03-2011, 07:58 AM
:snicker:
Per rotoworld:

Dolphins first-round pick Mike Pouncey revealed that he did not receive a playbook over the weekend.

He might be the only first-round pick who didn't get one in the league. Pouncey had enough time to meet with coaches and the media last Thursday and Friday. The lockout was reimplemented last Friday evening, and by that point the Fins hadn't given him a playbook. (Every other first-rounder we know of has one.) "I guess we’ll handle the playbook sometime down the line," said Pouncey. It's boneheaded moves like this and Stephen Ross' futile pursuit of Jim Harbaugh that worry us about the direction of the Dolphins' organization.

Ginger Vitis
05-03-2011, 03:46 PM
I hope Stephen Ross owns the Dolphins for the next 20 years

Mike13
05-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Should have ****ing fired him when we had the chance.

stuckincincy
05-08-2011, 01:25 PM
I wonder how many *Day 1* 2nd rounders failed to get a playbook?

The idiot B'gals failed to get one in the hands of QB Andy Dalton, the 35th pick.

Ingtar33
05-08-2011, 07:27 PM
I wonder how many *Day 1* 2nd rounders failed to get a playbook?

The idiot B'gals failed to get one in the hands of QB Andy Dalton, the 35th pick.

you'd expect that of the Bengals. Its far more amusing when it happens to the Dolphins.. because they usually are better run then this. Or they were before Ross jumped on board (no wonder Parcells jumped ship).

Mike13
05-08-2011, 08:46 PM
. And no, he wasn’t able to get his hands on the Dolphins’ playbook before he left South Florida, though he did pick up a few materials about some of the team’s base packages.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2011/05/06/stuck-in-pittsburgh-during-the-nfl-lockout-new-dolphins-center-mike-pouncey-cant-wait-to-start-his-dolphins-career/

Not that this is that much better.

TMu11
05-09-2011, 05:22 AM
Hopefully he never gets one

Thief
05-09-2011, 06:30 AM
I'm told that Dareus didn't get his play book either.

CleveSteve
05-10-2011, 09:07 AM
It doesn't matter. Brian Daboll is their Offensive Coordinator. All he has to know is that on 3rd and 9 (of which there will be many) they'll call a 2 yard drag route and hope for the best :fingerscrossed:

DrGraves
05-11-2011, 12:00 AM
do any of you really think that these teams aren't communicating with their draft picks on a daily basis? don't be naive.

Mike13
05-12-2011, 07:39 PM
It doesn't matter. Brian Daboll is their Offensive Coordinator. All he has to know is that on 3rd and 9 (of which there will be many) they'll call a 2 yard drag route and hope for the best :fingerscrossed:

Daboll could only work with what he had in Cleveland, which was Peyon Hillis and Cribbs. He wanted to run a Patriots style offense, but alas, there is a quite the abysmal lack of talent in Cleveland.

Crisis
05-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Daboll could only work with what he had in Cleveland, which was Peyon Hillis and Cribbs. He wanted to run a Patriots style offense, but alas, there is a quite the abysmal lack of talent in Cleveland.

last i checked he doesn't have tom brady in miami either