• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bocephuz
    • Sep 2003

Most likely results for 2011 draftees this season

1) Marcell Dareus, Defensive Lineman Alabama 6'3" 320 pounds Junior

- Immediate impact starter, takes on double teams and allows linebackers to have sucess. 1 FF/ 5 sacks.

2) Aaron Williams, Cornerback Texas 6'0" 204 pounds Junior
    - Fills in for injuries/ nickel packages first half of season and works his way into starting role ( especially if Florence leaves). Reliable tackler and is success if he doesn't get heavily flagged for PI.

3) Kelvin Sheppard Inside Linebacker LSU 6'2" 250 pounds Senior -
    Poz stays and Sheppard gets some reps early in the year on run downs to spell Andra Davis. Eventually gets more comfortable with coverage and takes over starting role. Becomes thumper hole plugger.

4) Da'Norris Searcy Strong Safety North Carolina 5'11" 223 pounds Senior

Immediate special teams contributor, gets some reps in nickel packages and spells Wilson on run downs.

5) Chris Hairston Tackle Clemson 6'6" 326 pounds Senior
    - Pears starts season at RT and will undoubtedly have a bad game. Hairston comes in early in season and becomes adequate starter. Penalites become issue early in season but get rectified as he gets experience.

6) Johnny White Running Back North Carolina 5'10" 209 pounds Senior

Immediate special teams contributor, occassionally spells Freddy but doesn't get much action unless CJ or Freddy get hurt.

7) Chris White Inside Linebacker Mississippi State 6'3" 240 pounds Senior

Makes team as special teams contributor and depth. Not going to see much plaing time but could provide toughness to fill in for injury.

8) Justin Rogers Cornerback Richmond 5'11" 180 pounds Senior

Depth. Not gonna see the field at CB unless injury bug bites hard.

9) Michael Jasper Guard/Nose Tackle Bethel 6'4" 378 pounds Senior

Will not see regular playing time at NT but team will put him in short yardage situations possibly on both sides of the ball.. maybe in jumbo 4-3 package. Imagine line of Williams/ Troup/ Jasper/ Dareus... good luck running the ball
    Kent Hull for Hall of Fame

• TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: Most likely results for 2011 draftees this season

It would be rather unusual for all nine draft picks to actually make the 53 man roster at the start of the season, even assuming they all make it through training camp healthy. For my self, I rather expect Michael Jasper to have to put in a year on the PS. I'll be really impressed with him if he can go right from Bethel College to making an NFL team at a position he hasn't played in 20 months without a little time to get coached up to that level.

I'll accept your assessment as the best one can reasonably hope for each draftee if everything goes right for him in training camp. Of course a pleasant surprise is possible as are disappointments.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Re: Most likely results for 2011 draftees this season

Originally posted by TigerJ
      It would be rather unusual for all nine draft picks to actually make the 53 man roster at the start of the season, even assuming they all make it through training camp healthy. For my self, I rather expect Michael Jasper to have to put in a year on the PS. I'll be really impressed with him if he can go right from Bethel College to making an NFL team at a position he hasn't played in 20 months without a little time to get coached up to that level.

I'll accept your assessment as the best one can reasonably hope for each draftee if everything goes right for him in training camp. Of course a pleasant surprise is possible as are disappointments.
      I'm not sure Jasper would be a candidate for the PS since the cat is out of the bag now about his athleticism. He would more than likely be plucked from ours.

It's not like you can't use a 378lb guy anyways on your squad. He can play on obvious run downs and pretty much guarantee offenses won't be diving straight ahead on short yardage situations.

Comment

Working...
      X