X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Media Hates Us?

I have hear the whole "Media Hates Us" statements and arguments for quite sometime now. I hope this draft clears things up for you if you ever really believed that.

This year the media has been loving the Bills draft. They have been calling it one of the best. Last year, many of the media picked Spiller to be Rookie of the Year and have a great rookie season. No one in the media hates the Bills, this is an illusions, why would they hate the Bills? Its dumb to think that they do.

The fact is that the Bills have given the media and the average football fan very little entertainment value over the last 10yrs. As a natural result, they dont get the accolades and the attention because they dont deserve it. In the end, no one pays attention to a dog taking a ****, because its a common phenomena and a pretty non-entertaining event. There are no dog ****ting contests, or tv shows, etc.... well when the team plays like dog **** dont blame the media for not paying attention. Bills are not getting hated by anyone, they are getting accurate feedback!

I Hope they Get Much better so we can watch and hear more about them on ESPN. When they become relevant, people will talk about them, once again....
    Please Make Sense
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Media Hates Us?

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

I used to get pissed at the media for criticizing the Bills and for the general lack of coverage.

Now, I get pissed at the team for deserving the criticism and not giving the media a reason to pay attention.

The media attention will come when (or if) the wins come.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

and with the current team, I'm not sure media attention is a good thing. Have you seen how poorly this team has performed in night games? It seems like the more people that pay attention, the worse the team does.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I think it's a blessing to have a second consecutive season without prime time games. Let's earn it first so we don't embarass ourselves on national tv and get laughed at by the media again.

Comment

• Coach Sal
          • Aug 2006

I have no issues with the national media not talking about the Bills that much and/or not recognizing them and/or criticizing the team when they deserve it. For the most part, for the past decade, they have.

My only issue is when they take shots at the city of Buffalo and/or it's people. Whether they still live there or not, most people who are from there take a lot of pride in the place and are tired of being insulted.
          Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
          And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Buddo
            • Mar 2007

Walterfootball hates the Bills. Does he count as media?

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mike
              I Hope they Get Much better so we can watch and hear more about them on ESPN. When they become relevant, people will talk about them, once again....

I'm still going to avoid ESPN whenver I can... They do overly cater to larger markets

Originally posted by Coach Sal
              My only issue is when they take shots at the city of Buffalo and/or it's people. Whether they still live there or not, most people who are from there take a lot of pride in the place and are tired of being insulted.
              I agree....

the Bills HAVE deserved to be talked down to.. the city and its people do not deserve the crap it takes or gets from those who have never even stepped foot in the area
              Last edited by ddaryl; 05-03-2011, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• cocamide
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                and with the current team, I'm not sure media attention is a good thing. Have you seen how poorly this team has performed in night games? It seems like the more people that pay attention, the worse the team does.
                Hey now, we usually play well in 59 out of 60 minutes in prime time games.

Comment

• cocamide
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by cocamide
                  Hey now, we usually play well in 59 out of 60 minutes in prime time games.
                  I should add that our prime time games are usually some of the most entertaining games of the season. Not for us of course, but for the casual football fan. I'm sure that people find it highly entertaining to see how we can blow a lead with less than 90 seconds left.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Coach Sal is dead on.

I think what upsets Bills fans most is when 1) commentators are uninformed and say things like the fan base doesn't care, 2) analysts insult the city or the people, 3) the media ignores certain things to concentrate on others. If you're going to talk about the team, talk about the whole team. Don't just say "Well, they did great with the players they did draft, but they didn't take a QB, so they get an F grade."

Bills fans don't just take pride in their city, they take pride in being loyal, as everyone should.

And no, Op, I'm not saying mediocrity should be accepted. Loyalty doesn't have to be blind. It may be in some or many cases, but it doesn't have to be.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mike
                      • Jan 2009

When I hear of the media talking about Buffalo or the fans the following comes out: Buffalo is cold, Little night life, boring, great food, rabid fans, buffalo loves its sports, great sports city, city devastated by loosing, etc...
                      These are pretty accurate. Buffalo is a small cold city with great junk food and fans that go crazy for the Bills, even during a 4-12 campaign.
                      Please Make Sense

Comment

• THRILLHO
                        This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                        • Feb 2009

I dont really get upset anymore when the Bills dont get reported on. With the internet I get most of my Bills info, and can prolly say more about Buffalo than the reporters. So unless there is some sort of breaking news that I havent read about, heard about, or gotten a text about, I really dont learn anything new from ESPN or NFL Network.
                        True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• MikeNC
                          • Dec 2005

The last three years the media spent 90% of their time talking about Farve...

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MikeNC
                            The last three years the media spent 90% of their time talking about Farve...

TMQ once quipped that the most dangerous place on Earth was that patch between Favre and a camera.
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                            X